Upland Game

J

JakeS

Hey, I recently moved to Rawlins Wy from Utah.
I have a couple great birddogs that are used to hunting chukars 2 or 3 times a week. They have been pretty neglected since the move. Are there any huntable popuplations of Chukar, Huns, or Pheasants within an hour drive of Rawlins, on public land?

I don't need any specific directions or locations. Just wondering if its worth my time to go out looking.

Thanks!

I also live in Rawlins and there are no pheasants, chukar, or huns that i know of on public land to hunt. The only place i know of to hunt them is a place in Saratoga. They raise them, but not much bird hunting around here. The Torrington area has some good bird hunting.

Rawlins? Sorry you guys have to live there.....

No bird hunting around there except for sage grouse for a few days each fall.

Sounds like you might need to drive next time you have to go to Kansas City. I'm sure they won't mind you leaving your dogs in those fancy hotel rooms.

The only upland game you'll be shooting anywhere near Rawlins are sage chickens and that season is only 10 days or so. I've always said if they were gonna give the state of Wyoming an enema, they'd insert the tube somewhere near Rawlins. Sorry to hear about yer relo from the promised land to Rawlins...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom