USA Today; 2nd Amendment Vote

Just cast my vote but that won't mean much. Balloting for a vote needs to be in writing and signed. Survey is more like this link, or so, that is what I read and was told before.

Brian

I don't see a place to vote , 97% yes? that's hard to believe but I hope it's true.

True these votes don'y count for much, but politians watch these things, that's worth something.

2% -No
1% -undecided

Looks like we need to take out some trash.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

when the courts ruled on this last summer it was at a vote of 5-4, do most even know how close this was? how about after BO appoints acouple judges?

.....luckily the judges closest to being replaced are the 4 that voted wrong.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Do you realize two of the four justices voting against an individual right were Republican appointees to the court? There is no guarantee once these Justices are confirmed.

If Obama replaces the liberals on the court then the balance of power remains unchanged.

Nemont

I am very aware of that and am confident that a dem president would not make the same mistake.

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

....and with a cancerous pancreas, ginsburg has a foot and a half in the grave now....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Current thought is, that Obama will most certainly replace Ginsberg with another female liberal. Nothing much should change, for awhile at least.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.)

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

"The advantage of being armed . . . the Americans possess over the people of all other nations . . . Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several Kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in his Federalist Paper No. 46.)

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." (Second Amendment to the Constitution.)

In my studies as an attorney and as a United States Senator, I have constantly been amazed by the indifference or even hostility shown the Second Amendment by courts, legislatures, and commentators. James Madison would be startled to hear that his recognition of a right to keep and bear arms, which passed the House by a voice vote without objection and hardly a debate, has since been construed in but a single, and most ambiguous Supreme Court decision, whereas his proposals for freedom of religion, which he made reluctantly out of fear that they would be rejected or narrowed beyond use, and those for freedom of assembly, which passed only after a lengthy and bitter debate, are the subject of scores of detailed and favorable decisions. Thomas Jefferson, who kept a veritable armory of pistols, rifles and shotguns at Monticello, and advised his nephew to forsake other sports in favor of hunting, would be astounded to hear supposed civil libertarians claim firearm ownership should be restricted. Samuel Adams, a handgun owner who pressed for an amendment stating that the "Constitution shall never be construed . . . to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms," would be shocked to hear that his native state today imposes a year's sentence, without probation or parole, for carrying a firearm without a police permit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom