Use of scents...

R

RandyWeaver

Just wondering, have any of you had any obvious success with scents on Coues whitetails? In my forays, I've tried a number of different brands, but never met with any success. I mentioned in another post that I used to hunt remote tanks (waterholes) for Coues bucks, but gave it up. On one such occasion, I put out a couple of film cansiters with fresh Tink's 69. A young 80-inch buck came up to the water hole, clearly smelled the scent, walked up to one of the film canisters, took a whiff, and he's probably still running. On every other occasion, I never saw an indication that the bucks were even remotely interested. Anyone else?

so when the buck smelt the canister, he hauled but. how come he ran? what time of year was it? isnt tinks 69 doe in heat smell. if it wasnt around the rut than thats probably the reason he ran. lol one thing that i did the day i shot my buck, i stepped in cow poo with my right show and rubbed it on my left then rubbed cedar all over me and about 20 minutes later i shot my buck. thats peolly just luck and timing but o well lol
casey

I can't honestly say that it has really worked for me either. I havn't had a buck run from it. But they havn't really reacted to it either. I use it more as a cover scent. Grunts and light rattling seem to get them closer. Like you said earlier they have to be in the right frame of mind.

Hope you were kidding about the time of year, but it was late December - early January.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom