Using Tactacam for disabled daughter's shooting

tulsaburnside

For those who got to see my daughter's hunts from before, we just tried out a Tactacam FPS system mounted to the scope and streamed the video wirelessly to an android tablet for her to see the target/animal up close. She can see exactly what is going on and visually decide to shoot or not shoot. She uses a vacuum air actuator to fire the rifle; when she sucks on the vacuum tube, vacuum is changed to electronic signal via 12v battery which pushes the trigger on the trigger mount. The person aiming has the toughest job as you have no idea when the gun will go off as when I say Ready, they flip off the safety and the rifle doesn't fire until she creates the vacuum

This is adding one more level of involvement for her which is going to be awesome! The second part of the video is actually what she is seeing on the tablet; I'm excited to get in the ground blind this fall and let her take her hunting up another notch!

20200605_102815.jpg

20200605_103421.jpg

i must be getting old an soft. don't know why but just reading your post and seeing a pic of you and your girl made me well up a bit. good job Dad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom