USO-holding client ransom.........

B

Bura Nut

Currently one of USO's numerous clients has been successful in the draw 12AE and he is trying to switch outfitters. Yesterday he was told by USO that he must sign their contract before they mail the tag out......this is illegal in many states....I can tell you he is from Alabama and if the client allows, I will divulge his name. This practice of holding the Tag until a client pays for outfitting has got to stop. I believe in the "Free Enterprise system" and currently there is no "Free-Enterprise" system in place. AZGFD mails the tags to the application service USO who holds the tag "HOSTAGE" until the client sends USO more money. This is communism and should be stopped............. Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Can't he just contact AZ directly and report the tag "lost" and have them send a new one directly to him? May have to send them a change of address before they will send the tag out.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I bet if he contacts AZG&F they will be happy to figure out a way to get his tag to him if it is paid for. This is the area Taulman will lose out on big time when the states begin mailing tags directly to his clients next year. That is when his little game will backfire in his wallet. Lots of good hunters will not use his service if given the choice.

Unbelievable!!! I'm assuming that he had to pay an 'application service' fee before they would even take care of that for him, so they have no right to hold the tag.

I agree with the other's suggestion. He should contact G&F and tell them the story and that the tag is effectively 'lost' because of what USO is doing.

After all of the bad PR floating around, I can't believe that USO would stoop to this.

S.

:-(

The client has recieved info from AZGFD and now knows they can apply for a new license/tag. What AZGFD is going to do from here on out is mail tags to the applicants home address and not to a p.o. box provided by the applicant service. Mailing the tag straight to the applicant service and holding the tag "hostage" is an obvious breach of "Fair Trade" policy.......... Allen Taylor......

he can actually go to any walmart or K-mart that sells licenses, and buy a duplicate tag for $3. Tell USO to keep the tag!!

Better yet, learn a lesson to stop using USO.... Next time do your own work and apply yourself. Your making money for greedy pigs.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-04 AT 05:37PM (MST)[p]????????? Big Game tags at Walmart?

Any place that sells license and tags can issue a duplicate tag. The hunter just needs to so sign an affidavit saying his tag was lost. If you find the tag later, you either turn it in or destroy it. If you get caught with the original, well you're in deep do do.

The way USO works is they will upfront the fees for tag application IF you sign a contract with them for outfitting. Otherwise, you can still use their services, but you must give them the fees upfront. They keep your money and apply you year after year until you withdraw from the program or draw a tag.

I have to say, if you signed the contract and used their money to apply, you should honor it.

I am no supporter of USO, but if you signed the contract, too bad.

I was in sporting goods management in Ariz. for over ten years; sold a TON of licenses and tags in that time! Any establishment in Arizona licensed as a G&F dealer (where you can buy hunting/fishing licenses and over-the counter tags) has the ability to issue duplicate licenses/tags given appropriate information from the individual involved. Arizona isn't alone in this regard. It used to be $3 for each replacement; probably is still the same. You can bet G&F has some checks and balances concerning follow-up ...

Lv2hnt

I will tell you what he should call the Attorney General Office and explaine that uso is holding property that is not theirs.Between the game and fish and the attorney general office I bet they would get something done.
Yes I know you can get a duplicate for 3.00 but thats not the point.
Someone aught to sue him for wrongfull doing and theft and see what he thinks about that

USO just keeps digging the hole deeper don't they! I hope the guy from Alabama gets everything worked out and his freedom to hunt with another guide.

I was drawn for a Arizona bull tag through USO in 2001 and refused to hunt with them and still received my tag.

Very simple solution folks, it's called theft.
ARS 13-1802. A1 A person commits theft if, without the lawful authority, the person knowingly,
1.controls property of another with the intent to deprive the other person of such property.

Theft in this instance as it stands is a class 1 misemeanor. Anything above 250 dollars in value is a felony. So any NR with an elk tag that is being held "hostage, " can file a felony charge against Tualman and USA et al.
Think of this when you call and ask for your tag and they refuse. don't threaten just call the state ATTY general and a class action suit and possible criminal vharges can be brought. It's really very simple.
Bugler

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom