USO Question

eelgrass

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-04 AT 03:39PM (MST)[p]From what I understand, the courts are ruling that the wildlife within a state belongs to all the people in the U.S. and not just to the people of that state. If that is the case wouldn't it stand to reason that one hunting license should be valid for all the states?

If a person drives, say, from California to Wyoming his drivers license is recognized as valid in Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming. Why wouldn't hunting licenses be the same? Can anybody explain it to me? Maybe we will purchase a National Hunting License?

I can see being charged for the various tags from each state but not for a license.

If I read it right, the latest decision (by the 9th U.S. Circut Court of Appeals.....isn't that the one that said "One Nation under God" was unconstitutional) claimed that since Arizona permitted the sale of antlers, it falls under the commerse laws? If that is the case could we make this all go away by eliminating the sale of all wildlife or their parts?

This whole thing stinks!

Thanks for listening and look forward to any response.

Steve

I never could understand why Arizona didn't simply make it illegal to sell wildlife parts, seems that would have elminated the entire lawsuit. Seems like the simple solution, I'm sure there must be a good reason why they didn't do that, but I sure don't know what it would be.

Actually guys it was not that simple
I have the details but i would be writing here for 2 hours

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom