Limited Entry Bull Elk
Desert Bighorn Sheep
Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep
Bison
Mountain Goat
Bull Moose

How many do you all have?

Joe

No mans land with my points and my luck is $hit!

Buffalo-21
Desert sheep-8
Rocky sheep-8
Moose-8
Goat-8
Bear-5
LE deer-9
LE elk-5
Swan-2
Turkey-2

LE Deer 3
Pronghorn 3
Man Goat 3
Swan 2
Crane 3

I have the mentality the glass is half full, THERE IS ALWAYS THAT CHANCE I CAN DRAW, and I don't cry when I don't.

you want bad odds go play the Powerball, 1 in 305,000,000

Bull elk 2
Buck pronghorn 2
Limited Deer 1
Bull moose 1
Rocky Mountain sheep 1
Desert sheep 1
Cow moose 3
Cow elk 1
Doe deer 1
Rocky Mountain sheep ewe 1
Swan 3
Crane 2 or 3
Sage grouse 2.

Burned my doe pronghorn and general season buck points this year.

LE Deer 3
Pronghorn 3
Man Goat 3
Swan 2
Crane 3

I have the mentality the glass is half full, THERE IS ALWAYS THAT CHANCE I CAN DRAW, and I don't cry when I don't.

you want bad odds go play the Powerball, 1 in 305,000,000

Hi Thunder, your exactly right theres always that chance! Last year I drew the AZ unit 22 early rifle Elk tag by default. It was my second choice and I was next in line with only 9 points! Crazy!

I also drew 5 tags in 4 years in NM 2 mule deer 3 elk, 1 of the elk tags was the Sargents Wildlife Area.
So waiting for UT is a pleasure. I feel for the guys like Bessy and the guys above with 20+ Points

Joe

Last edited:
So Joe how many gen deer points do ya have.

Hi Gator those I don’t have. I’ve never put in for them. I’m taking it that, this was a big mistake! I think when I first started drawing in UT I could only apply for one LE or OIL tag then the next year or so you could draw for multiple OIL tags but I was new to the drawing game and I missed a year.
How about you Gator?

Joe

21 LE deer NR
1 Gen deer, drew last year
8 Elk

You need to do general buck, you can draw every 2-3 years for a run of the mill unit.

15 cow moose
15 mtn goat
1 GS deer
5 LE deer
5 doe pronghorn
4 cow elk
2 bear
2 lion
1 sandhill crane
4 turkey

Last edited:
Interesting to see that every non res posted has at least one species with 12 points... most have multiple.

Man...when I started it was for a fun hunt for a mature deer. Its funny how pschology works and people shift their priorities. I know I did, and now I have to get back to the basics. Im young and have time...but want a "good hunt" and understand it wont be premier.

wtf can't I figure out how to find my points on the F&G site???....someone post a link please....

pretty sure I have 40 for everything.....

LE buck 16 points
General buck no points necessary
LE pronghorn 1 point
LE elk 8 points
Desert Bighorn 4 points
mountain goat 1 point
Sandhill crane 1 point
swan 1 point
Cougar. 3 points
bear. 9 points
Sharp tail grouse 2 points
greater Sage grouse 4 points.
Antlerless elk. 2 points
I am a resident. I thought you none residents had a lot of points until I listed all of mine.

Resident
LE deer 12 POINTS
Oil Mountain goat 10 POINTS
Antlerless elk 3 POINTS
Doe Pronghorn. 6 POINTS
Bull Moose 1 POINT
Dedicated. 1 POINT

Total 33 points

my son:
LE deer. 8 POINTS
Oil Mountain goat. 8 POINTS
Doe Pronghorn. 6 POINTS
Antlerless elk. 2 POINTS
GS deer. 6 POINTS

Total 30 points

Last edited:
For non-residents 12 is a common number. That is the number of points you would have if you applied for everything the first year you could. I went for moose and elk my first year and every species the next year when we could apply for everything. If you have more than 12 points for anything your odds are significantly better.

Non Res
24 LE Deer
Slowly inching closer.

My son burned 21 non-res points on the Pauns management hunt this year.
(That’s some point creep)
It’s the only way he was going to get to hunt it in my lifetime.

No mans land with my points and my luck is $hit!

Buffalo-21
Desert sheep-8
Rocky sheep-8
Moose-8
Goat-8
Bear-5
LE deer-9
LE elk-5
Swan-2
Turkey-2

Hi Hornkiller, with 21 points for Bison how many people are ahead of You also are you R or NR and finally how old are you

thanks Joe

NR

LE Deer 12
GA Deer. 7
Lope 1
LE Elk 7
DBHS 8
RMBHS 15
MG. 9
Moose 14
Bear. 15

I have drawn my elk tag and building again. After living in WY...gave up on Lope. Can hunt them every year in WY if I want. Sheep, Moose and Goat are pipe dreams but only cost app fee every year to apply. Should be able to draw a archery deer tag in a few and looking to lesser elk units for archery or
Muzzle for now.

I will move back to Utah in the next 8 years to finish out my retirement with the state so...some of my points might be worth something again.

Hi Hornkiller, with 21 points for Bison how many people are ahead of You also are you R or NR and finally how old are you

thanks Joe

Joe im non res 36.
there are around 50-60 guys agead of me!
it doesn't matter anymore the dumbasses that run the ut fish and game have cut tags so bad i will never draw buffalo.

NR
LE Deer 21
Gen deer 4
Pronghorn 11
LE Elk 12 because I actually drew a muzzleloader tag once
Desert BH 15
Rocky 12
Bison 14
Mt Goat 12
Moose 12

Amazing the amount of plus 20 deer point holders

The only ones that matter

Me Non Res
Elk - 20
Desert Big Horn - 20
Deer 5

Dad - Resident
Deer - 18

Wife Non Res
Deer - 10

NR
LE Deer 21
Gen deer 4
Pronghorn 11
LE Elk 12 because I actually drew a muzzleloader tag once
Desert BH 15
Rocky 12
Bison 14
Mt Goat 12
Moose 12

Amazing the amount of plus 20 deer point holders
And some 20 pts holders have drawn le tags before that..

LE Elk: 0 (waiting list)
Gen deer: 0
LE Deer: 6
Moose: 14

Any Weapon Utah Bull......HANG TIGHT, YOU’RE ALMOST THERE!!!!

NR

LE Deer 12
Gen Deer 16
Pronghorn 12
LE Elk 2
DBS 20
RMBS 13
Bison 11
Mountain Goat 12
Moose 12
Bear 5

Resident
LE DEER 10
GEN DEER 1
LE PRONGHORN 1
OIL MOOSE 20
ANT MOOSE 15
BEAR 19
BEAR PURSUIT 3
SWAN 2
COUGAR 12

Joe im non res 36.
there are around 50-60 guys agead of me!
it doesn't matter anymore the dumbasses that run the ut fish and game have cut tags so bad i will never draw buffalo.

So Hornkiller at 15 yo, who‘s the one that got you started in the Draw Game? I didnt start until my forties

joe

You know the good/bad thing is that I’ve seen people that have drawn a desert sheep tag or a San Juan Elk tag with as little as 0 points. So always stay positive! Hell if anyone has the biggest complaint It has to be the Ole Cat! I hate to say next year for sure Bess because I’m starting to believe they have it out for you!

Joe

Until the Ole Cat has enough points to get a bonus tag for his desired hunt he will be just like the rest of us sitting on the sidelines

You know the good/bad thing is that I’ve seen people that have drawn a desert sheep tag or a San Juan Elk tag with as little as 0 points. So always stay positive! Hell if anyone has the biggest complaint It has to be the Ole Cat! I hate to say next year for sure Bess because I’m starting to believe they have it out for you!

Joe

in 2017 lightning struck and my wife drew the tag I've been trying to draw. She only had 11 points at the time. and here I am, now with 18 still trying to draw the same tag. So yeah, there's always a chance of drawing.

That is alot of general deer points. What ia your strategy for those? I have never bought them.

That is alot of general deer points. What ia your strategy for those? I have never bought them.

BBO,

I have no real strategy other than buying them with the hope of using them someday soon. When I do decide to use them I'll have enough to bring three other guys with me or share them with someone that has a bit of info. Only reason I haven't used them is due to having other tags nearly every year. This year I have a WY unit 100 elk tag and plan to be there for 3 weeks archery hunting.

Last edited:
Resident

Moose- 24
Bison - 1
Elk-5
LE Deer- 4
Antelope- 1
Cow elk- 1
Bighorn ewe- 1
Cougar- 12
Bear- 9
General Deer- 9
Turkey- 1

Should draw moose And cougar soon. Should also draw general deer with my kids as soon as we decide to do it.

good luck to you all in the draws.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom