UT-Shelter-In-Place Coming?

grizzly

Long Time Member
I'm hearing rumors that Herbert is issuing a Shelter In Place order tomorrow for Utah. Anybody else hearing that?

I heard it through a social circle that apparently originated with a state employee that’s “in the know”. Herbert is a moron, so this is something he would do just to “keep up” and feel important

It sucks. We are week two into what has morphed into a 4 week sentence.

But, we are strongly encouraged to be good little citizens and obey the mandate because "we're all in this together".

Yeah we are all in this together of some idiot who ate a sick bat. Wanna bet after this is over they won’t look at ways to make sure that doesn’t happen again in that country? Cuz I’m sure they won’t

Out gov'r has been trying for two years to destroy our state's economy and all of a sudden fuel and energy are essential occupations and industries.

Imagine that...

While your sitting around at home, train your cat to hunt sheds...

90902639_10157731170976187_2275304709407375360_o.jpg

No shelter in place. I think Gov Herbert has actually been very measured in this.

Utah has a plan. Who else has a written plan? Utah leading the way, like usual.

My state doesn't have a plan, they are making it up as they go and reacting to every media news feed.

Now there was a study done by a med research outfit in WA that says NM will have 513 deaths by the end of April. With the track record of infections to death rate of 1 in 100, that means 1/3 of the state will be sick by the middle of April. I'd wager our dingy wingy gov'r will extend stay at home policies well into May and keep everything shut down because of that "study".

I so need to get the flock out of NM...

If Gov Herbie shuts down this State and the economy will be destroyed, Spenc can kiss his run for the governor over.
Spencer Cox will not get my vote. I went to one of his town hall meetings. There were about a dozen people in attendance, most were senior citizens so I asked most of the questions. He danced around about half of them. His first ten minutes were talking about being LDS and the missions his kids have served. Pandering to the primary local religion to garner votes does not sit well with me.

The rest of the time he spent talking about being from Fairview and how he was going to do so much more for rural communities. Good luck with that, talk is cheap and the urban areas will have something to say about it. He is Herby Jr. and when I asked him about all of Herbys tax increases he defended them.

I don’t know who I am voting for governor. But your next governor is going to be either Huntsman or Cox. Interesting enough, they both are more moderate Republicans. I don’t think Utah is nearly as extreme politically as the conventions make them out to be.

Thank goodness for that!

I don’t know who I am voting for governor. But your next governor is going to be either Huntsman or Cox. Interesting enough, they both are more moderate Republicans. I don’t think Utah is nearly as extreme politically as the conventions make them out to be.

Thank goodness for that!
Yeah, Romney and Herbert both lost at their last convention and then won in a landslide.

Clearly the conventions are not the way to pick politicians in this state.

Huntsman is too much of a slick politician for me. Cox did a town hall meeting last fall out here that I attended. He is a politician too, but he was direct and open at our meeting. He seemed like he would stand up to SLC and work for the rest of the state. Sadly, anymore they all are most likely in the pockets of whoever pays the most. I don’t know who I’ll vote for.

I do not know who I will vote for. I don't hold it against Huntsman for serving where needed. I agree with grizz when the president calls you should respond and do the job if you are capable of doing it.
I do believe most Utahns that are upset with Huntsman for taking the Ambassador position actually are more upset fior taking the position under Obama I would dare to bet very few of the same Utahns would complain if it was Trump that offered that position at the time he was governor.
I hope Spencer Cox will fulfill his promise to represent all of Utah, at least recognize the part of Utah that is between Utah county and Washignton county.
I understand grizz what you are saying about the convention and who gets elected but honestly I did not see anyone better than Romney and Herbert that was running can anyone even remember who ran against them. Too many times in politics we have too settle for the lesser of two evels or the one that at least seem to understand politics and goverment. In my opinion that is one of the biggest problems in politics the best the state or country are not running for office. Kind of like them coaches in the NFL that never seem to have a winning season but they have a 20 year career as a head coach because there is no one else to lead the team.

I'm giving Herbert credit.
He seems to be trying super hard to not destroy the state because Davis SLC, Utah, Washington counties have cases.

It's too easy for government paycheck cashers to call for lockdown.

I'd prefer Cox over the rest.
He's been out of SLC.

If Herbert pulls it off and keeps the death rate down and keeps some of the economy going he will probably go down as Utahs greatest governor.
I live off of the Wasatch Front and I appreciate the fact he is letting us work and keep some economy going in rural Utah. I just hope we don't pay for it with a drop kick from the kungflu.
Herbert is not a bad guy, that's part of his problem he try's to please too many.
I was leaning towards Cox but I don't know if Cox has the political nerve to stand his ground in this divided political climate. Recently I have seen some interviews with Huntsman and he kind of impressed me. Alot of people think he only did the Ambassador thing for political gain but I don't think so if he wanted political gain he would have been better off going after Hatches Senate seat.

Yeah, I’m not going to punish Huntsman for going and serving the country under two different presidents in likely the two most ambassador positions our country has.

I’m torn on who to vote for in Utah, but if Huntsman ran for president, it would be a no-brainer for me, he’d have my vote. While I think he’d return and be a good governor again, I kind of feel like he’s had his turn. Nobody is perfect, and I won’t agree on everything with any of the candidates. I’d vote for someone I don’t agree with on issues that I feel is a good, compassionate leader over someone who couldn’t lead squat that I agree with everything. At all levels we need good, compassionate leaders. People that are not afraid to make difficult decisions, but do so in a way that considers all perspectives and outcomes before doing so. These decisions impact real people in every day life every single time. We need leaders that understand that and act accordingly.

If Herbert pulls it off and keeps the death rate down and keeps some of the economy going he will probably go down as Utahs greatest governor.
I live off of the Wasatch Front and I appreciate the fact he is letting us work and keep some economy going in rural Utah. I just hope we don't pay for it with a drop kick from the kungflu.
Herbert is not a bad guy, that's part of his problem he try's to please too many.
I was leaning towards Cox but I don't know if Cox has the political nerve to stand his ground in this divided political climate. Recently I have seen some interviews with Huntsman and he kind of impressed me. Alot of people think he only did the Ambassador thing for political gain but I don't think so if he wanted political gain he would have been better off going after Hatches Senate seat.
If you like tax increases then yeah, Herbie is a great guy.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom