UT Wasatch LE archery elk this year for me

Congrats.

that tag is what you are willing to make it (for elk especially).

you should have fun. Great dates this year.

congrats. I live right there pretty much in that unit. great area and I have spent a ton of time up there. I have many pictures of elk from up there ?

It was tough! The high temps mixed with the smoke from surrounding fires made for a very difficult hunt. Wasn't seeing much at all, which I'm sure was due to the extreme temps. Things changed rapidly after the Sept. 8th storm rolled in. We didn't get the high winds but we did get snow and colder temps. I was mostly helping my buddy out for 2 weeks since he has never killed an elk with archery. September 9th I went out on my own and was able to work the bull in to 10yds that I harvested. My advise is to not get so caught up in early scouting. The bulls move around a lot!! We didn't even hunt where we did early scouting due to the cattle that had moved in. WATER is key and most likely more so this year.

The wasatch can be a very tough hunt. Especially when it's still 90 degrees and dry. Plan to work for a good bull and have fun. I helped on a wasatch archery hunt last year. It was tough but successful

Unless weather patterns change, this year will be highly dependent upon water.

my suggestions would be to find the lesser know water holes. I think it will lay off for you in the long run.

I’m actually excited about the drought for that reason but it complicate my day job. It would be my luck for it to rain every day of the hunt after a long dry summer. However it pans out I will have a good time with my 17 days off work and some bonus days off work for a few good deer tags I drew this year. I hope I can keep my luck rolling into the hunting season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom