Utah 1-15 Corridor

hawkbill

Very Active Member
I just drove through the Utah 1-15 Corridor from Idaho through Utah to hunt in Colorado. I am amazed at the growth, new buildings, new businesses. Looks like a strip mall from Ogden to Provo. I was diving my old 99 Chevy Tahoe and had a death grip on my steering wheel as people were passing me at 90 mph, I don’t think I’ve have ever seen people driving so fast. I no one thing the largest fanciest pick up trucks are definitely in Utah. Coming home the sun was setting on the cliffs and Mesas what a beautiful state.

The office property bust that is coming is going to hurt that area pretty bad. All those tech companies, lots of remote workers, and more that are demanding to join them.

It's going to get brutal in the near future for commercial landlords

The office property bust that is coming is going to hurt that area pretty bad. All those tech companies, lots of remote workers, and more that are demanding to join them.

It's going to get brutal in the near future for commercial landlords
You mean when they lift the eviction moratorium?

I work out of town during the week, every time I come back I get anxiety once I hit the front… Its no longer home, I’m not sure where I’ll end up yet, but I know it’s not going to be in utah…

You mean when they lift the eviction moratorium?

Lots of those buildings are tech companies.

Hiring for them is real hard. Hiring folks who will go to an office, nearly impossible.

Most of those buildings were pre pandemic

I work out of town during the week, every time I come back I get anxiety once I hit the front… Its no longer home, I’m not sure where I’ll end up yet, but I know it’s not going to be in utah…
Ya.

As a kid we had no stop light, hunted birds "in town", drove 10 miles for groceries.

I'm lost here

Lots of those buildings are tech companies.

Hiring for them is real hard. Hiring folks who will go to an office, nearly impossible.

Most of those buildings were pre pandemic
I spent part of a year in one of those generic hovels while we were bidding the I-15 job. Love the traffic. My poor snowflake who is moving there in January will see traffic for the first time, and why I moved to the country.

I spent part of a year in one of those generic hovels while we were bidding the I-15 job. Love the traffic. My poor snowflake who is moving there in January will see traffic for the first time, and why I moved to the country.
We will hook him up with one of the byu girls?

I drove up from spanish fork to I-86 yesterday morning on the way to OR. Once I hit the HOV lane it was 85-90 and smooth sailing. Loved it.

When I was stationed in NV, I went from Fallon to I-80, through SLC in a belcher. Not bad.

Then I got a small 5th wheel. Never again. I took US50 from then on.

Yeah the slc area is getting to be or already is a mess and the traffic is downright scary and the problem is the overflow over there is pushing itself out here to the basin and other part of the state where the cost of living (rent and housing) is cheaper.. Hopefully our county leaders put up no vacancy signs pretty soon...

90 Ain't Nothin hawk!

Head South on I-15 on a Friday Night when TARDS are trying to Hit The State Line where They Can Blow Their Money & See What Your Rig Will do!:D

I just drove through the Utah 1-15 Corridor from Idaho through Utah to hunt in Colorado. I am amazed at the growth, new buildings, new businesses. Looks like a strip mall from Ogden to Provo. I was diving my old 99 Chevy Tahoe and had a death grip on my steering wheel as people were passing me at 90 mph, I don’t think I’ve have ever seen people driving so fast. I no one thing the largest fanciest pick up trucks are definitely in Utah. Coming home the sun was setting on the cliffs and Mesas what a beautiful state.

You know traffic came to a stop at one time and I rolled down the window, just relaxing. I look over admiring a big black supper truck, Im checking out the tires and then realize that the 10” exhaust pipe is pointing right at my face from six feet away. I almost got a coal rolling.

LMAO!:D

You know traffic came to a stop at one time and I rolled down the window, just relaxing. I look over admiring a big black supper truck, Im checking out the tires and then realize that the 10” exhaust pipe is pointing right at my face from six feet away. I almost got a coal rolling.

Wanna Go For A Ride One Of These Days Eel?:D

When driving through Utah from Kali I gas up in Wendover, say a little prayer, mash the gas peddle as far as it will go and keep it there until I reach Wyoming and then back off. I have yet to pass anybody in Utah. Thank you Lord.

You know when I came back from Colorado I decided to take the corridor at night instead of the morning and spend the night in Tremonton I thought it would be safer at night, boy was I wrong the traffic was bumper to bumper and hauling ass. I finally got in the middle lane and stayed on 75 mph that’s what the speed limit says. Every car passed me, by the time I got to Tremonton I was so wired I drove home to central Idaho

bacdoc, I understand. We used to stay at a motel just on the western edge of SLC in order to try to time it right to avoid the traffic while pulling a 5th wheel. No amount of liquor or tranqs will help navigate that mess.

From then on we used US 50.

By far the very most Dangerous drivers in Idaho are from Utah! Fugging ’ blows me away.
Continuously passing on double yellow lines 30 40 50 miles over the speed speed limit. They will do anything to pass any car under any circumstances.
A few years ago they just finished chip sealing the highway north of Shoshone,
Some Utard Pulling a trailer with the backhoe Decided he couldn’t be bothered with doing 25 miles an hour so he just flew by maybe 50 60 cars. Wiping out windshields, headlights paint jobs. Well it just so happens that we got a train track going to Shoshone And luck would have it there was a train on the track, well this feller Had plenty of people that wanted to meet him, must’ve been six or 10 fellas breaking out windows and dragging those two out the windows and they took a extremely serious beating, I don’t much like to see people get whooped up on But I got it admit I took some delight in watching them Fellers get their ass kicked. Had to tow the truck off and haul their asses to the hospital. And to top it all off there was a whole bunch of us got new windshields new mirrors new bug guards some paint touch up and headlights.
Cops round here are pretty sensitive to Utah drivers my guess is 50% that get pulled over
In these parts are Utards. I just laugh my ass off and give em the bird as I go by.

Grandpa used to farm that whole big golf course in midway and had a dairy there too. He still has a house there for the family reunions and stuff but I think there’s a reason his ranch is now in the basin. He don’t like coming back into midway/Heber very much either but I don’t blame him. Gonna be moving from central Utah to the basin I sure and glad I don’t live in any of them big cities.

Hey Warbo?

Do You Like Coal Rollers?:D

Grandpa used to farm that whole big golf course in midway and had a dairy there too. He still has a house there for the family reunions and stuff but I think there’s a reason his ranch is now in the basin. He don’t like coming back into midway/Heber very much either but I don’t blame him. Gonna be moving from central Utah to the basin I sure and glad I don’t live in any of them big cities.

You haven’t experienced anything close to high anxiety until you’ve hauled a 30’ 5th Wheel, RV, from Spanish Fork to Tremonton, 123 miles, in solid traffic, on Interstate 15, on a pitch black night, in a pouring rain, during mile after mile of bridge and or on/off exit construction, where the lanes are an alternating combination of new white lines crossing old white lines and in places no lane lines at all, dodging construction equipment, in and out of blinding flood lights, and concrete barriers.

Y’all can call Utah drivers the worst in the country, if ya want to........ then come on over next time a heavy storm rolls through and give her a try......... test “your” driving skills.

Just saying!!

You haven’t experienced anything close to high anxiety until you’ve hauled a 30’ 5th Wheel, RV, from Spanish Fork to Tremonton, 123 miles, in solid traffic, on Interstate 15, on a pitch black night, in a pouring rain, during mile after mile of bridge and or on/off exit construction, where the lanes are an alternating combination of new white lines crossing old white lines and in places no lane lines at all, dodging construction equipment, in and out of blinding flood lights, and concrete barriers.

Y’all can call Utah drivers the worst in the country, if ya want to........ then come on over next time a heavy storm rolls through and give her a try......... test “your” driving skills.

Just saying!!
You sure know how to give a guy heart palpitation.

I live 9.5 miles from the Utah line and I’m scared to go there. I do sneak over to Mexican Hat and Moab once in a while. :cool:

Hey Hawk!

You see any of these nice people on your way through?!
1637585239904.jpeg

The “I-15 wave” is as friendly as it gets along the Wasatch Front!

Im sure a few guys and gals gave me the Utah wave. I did not say Utah drivers are bad, I could possibly behind the curve, I did not see one accident. I feel a lot better now when I got home I put my old football helmet in the car for the next trip.

Just saying!!
I don’t think I said anything about them being the worst drivers, just the very most dangerous , But I might as well add now I also think most of them i see in my lil part of Idaho are the stupidest fugging self centered sumbitches that ever got behind the wheel.
Just saying.

I don’t think I said anything about them being the worst drivers, just the very most dangerous , But I might as well add now I also think most of them i see in my lil part of Idaho are the stupidest fugging self centered sumbitches that ever got behind the wheel.
Just saying.
Agree!!!! And I’m from utardia…

EASY runamuk!:D

You've been to Alaska too many Times!

Them Boys Hit 35 MPH up there & They Think they're Breaking a Land Speed Record!

runamuk said:

Just saying.

I thought those comments were reserved for those idiots from CA.
On hunting trips in Wyoming, the locals told me they did not like the Texans who had a habit of violating their game laws and thought they owned the state.
RELH

We had a group of Texans camp a couple miles from us for 2, 3 years in a row. The first year, I was a few miles from camp, gutted my cow, and began a 3 mile walk back. In the dark. I came up over a small hill and saw that a camp had rigged one of the trees with some Christmas lights. It was the Texas camp. I headed straight for them as I knew they weren't too far from a clear path home. They drove me back to close to where my cow was, loaded it and drove me back to camp. Then helped me hang it. Good dudes.

Last time I was hunting in Utah we were going over the point of the mountain to American Fork and I was going 75 and getting passed as if I was standing still.
I kept going until a truck with a 30' trailer came by me so fast I was amazed must have been doing 85 and gave me the Utah wave as he went by...
When I was a kid in SLC years ago if you went 5 miles an hour over they would write you up....
What the hell happened did everyone go to Indy driving school?

Hey DH!

That Right Hand Foot Pedal Has a Reason!:D

Last time I was hunting in Utah we were going over the point of the mountain to American Fork and I was going 75 and getting passed as if I was standing still.
I kept going until a truck with a 30' trailer came by me so fast I was amazed must have been doing 85 and gave me the Utah wave as he went by...
When I was a kid in SLC years ago if you went 5 miles an hour over they would write you up....
What the hell happened did everyone go to Indy driving school?

When I go to utah, I drive 30 with my turn signal on. People are very friendly and always wave, but I wear my over the glasses sunglasses so I can’t always see them to wave back.:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom