Utah allows guns on college campuses

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-07 AT 01:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-07 AT 01:39?PM (MST)

LOL This may be the STUPIDEST argurment I've ever heard for guns.... (Also, I think he's into sword play and knights and armor and elves and dwarves and all that stuff and this is his fantasy. He spoke it outloud on accident to the reporter...lol ;-))

"Thankfully that officer disobeyed the rule of Trolley Square of having no guns," GOP state Rep. Curt Oda said.

Oda said banning guns on campus might do more harm than good. He said people bent on violence might resort to other, perhaps bloodier methods, such as swords.

"A person that's got skill with a sword in a very big crowd could put a lot more people down with a sword than a gun," he said. "They're silent. You'll have people screaming, but nobody knows what's going on."

This chick must not be from Utah...nobody drinks on college campuses in UTAH! lol ;-)

"However, she said it is a bad idea to allow guns in dormitories, and fears an accident could happen during a party on campus.

"Alcohol and guns. It's a bad combination," she said."

"Our view was that there was an increased risk of both accidental and intentional discharge of a firearm if more firearms are present," said spokesman Fred Esplin. "It was a matter of safety."

Not passing judgement on all college students but I don't feel all warm and fuzzy knowing some of the ones I see everyday are packing heat.

Does anyone remember when every pickup truck in Utah had a rifle in the back window rack? Now that was a deterent to crime. LOL

RUS

I'm good with this, I think if a gun battle erupts on campus I'd prefer It be like O'K corral rather than death by execution.
But that could just be me, after all when Rus speaks of the past when truck all had guns in the back window, I thinking thats my present, just as quick as I leave this office.

Good for you BFE, I don't dare anymore, some SOB will break the window & steal your gun. I take my chances keeping the gun behind my seat. Shhh! i don't have a cwp.

RUS

Yeah, since gun free zones work so well in VA, let's make em nationwide!

Washington DC has basically outlawed guns. So now, the outlaws all have them. Smart.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom