Utah Antlerless is out....

Hey Todd, did you count the 200 cow tags this year? That seems a little too much to me. By the way, we could hunt a cow across the line, the same week we chase a bull, with luch of the draw of course. I assume you drew a bull tag also?

I did draw a bull tag.. I did notice we could hunt a cow the same week. I think I'm gonna put in for the late hunt again. Do you have a cow point?

Happy hunting to all..

Yea maybe leave mule deer alone,but cow elk in areas are over abundant,so kill em or transport them somewhere else in the state.

you guys that don't want these guys to kill does/cows dont have a clue how the doe cow hunts work.

they are depredation hunts either the herd is over objective and have to kill animals or they are doing crop damage and have to be destroyed.

look at the doe hunts they are all pretty much on private land. crop damage, the division gets money to pay for damage from the tags and the deer doing the damage get destroyed.

the cow hunts are mostly done because the elk herds are at or near carrying capacity. you kill cows to control the population or it will go out of control. you also kill cows if they are causing problems also.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Kill them all! No reason to have a strong deer herd. I dont like to hunt mature bucks anyway. Utah cant manage deer if you havent noticed. We have a three day hunt this year because there are so many deer.

>Kill them all! No reason to
>have a strong deer herd.
>I dont like to hunt
>mature bucks anyway. Utah cant
>manage deer if you havent
>noticed. We have a three
>day hunt this year because
>there are so many deer.

Oh now,.... Every body knows mule deer doe eats great with star dust and moon powder. Once the sky falls, there will be plenty of both..

I didn't post the link to hear your opinion on the harvesting of female mule deer. I simply put it here for people who look forward to the antlerless hunts as much as I. Like stated above, you have no clue why these hunts are in place. It's simple... The DWR wants the deer dead in the places they issue tags. Hunters are going to kill them or the DWR is going to kill them. One thing is for sure, the deer are going to be dead. Get used to it. Now I relize that reading this and going your own way is more then you are probably capable of. But just know that if I get a mule deer doe tag, I will think of you at least once while I'm hunting it. Or, perhaps not. Either way, it's no sweat off of either one of our backs. I wish you good luck this season and hope that if you do get the rack you're after, you will find some joy.

Todd

A mule deer hunt in Utardia is one of the dumbest things the UDWR could do. People must be hard up if they want to kill
a doe lol...

Wow! Only 1 cow moose tag for nonresidents. Utah either shot them out in past years or kidnapped them all to Colorado. Either way, it's not good.

>A mule deer hunt in Utardia
>is one of the dumbest
>things the UDWR could do.
> People must be hard
>up if they want to
>kill
>a doe lol...

Hard up?.... Perhaps maybe they just like venison over beef.

I'm not trying to defend myself here, so please don't take this as such. Just trying to possibly shed a little bit of light.. Anybody who really honestly eats wild game as a staple food over beef or chicken or dining out other then the obligation of the hunt, will get as many tags in as many states as they can afford. It is in no way cheaper then beef, but it's way better meat in our oppinion.

I've noticed, the more someone is willing to eat McDonald's, BK, Taco Bell, store bought groceries and the such are more apt to be legit 100% trophy hunters. Which is fine. I wish you good luck. But get off our back about trying to obtain tags the DWR is GOING to issue, and please stop trashing a lot of good folks for wanting to fill their freezer with "whole grain", God raised food.

I like to hunt trophy animals as much as the next guy. I have a very thick stack of unfilled buck and bull tags from several different states to prove it. I also have a very thick stack of filled tags, both male and mostly female from several different states for no other reason then I LOVE to eat the stuff.. If I don't draw antlerless, I'm eating antlered. Whether it be a Utah forky on the last days of my hunt, or that monster I hunted the first days of my hunt.

Good luck to all this season.

Todd

LAST EDITED ON May-22-10 AT 03:45PM (MST)[p]Facts for the Utard anti doe cow guys.

My father in law has some property he leases out to a local vegetable farmer. This guy grows vegetables for the local stores. He had a problem with the deer eating everything. It was a problem!!! I wanted to hunt these deer because it had some good bucks in the herd.

Here is a buck that had been seen in the herd before the division did its work. It was later poached by some out of state tard and left to rot in the field. I say out of state because this is who hunts the duck club this buck lived on.

9316dsc01796.jpg

The farmer made a call and a chick from the division came out with a semi auto and went nuts on the herd a week or so before my hunt. She wounded and or killed pretty much 20 deer that day.

So People this is how its done. The deer will get killed because the state does not have the funds to come in and pay every farmer for his losses. so they just go out and shoot them. Like I said most of these deer you will never ever have a chance to hunt anyways because they don't live on public land and they don't live in the hills.

So I would rather have someone pay the division to hunt them then to see the division come out and gut shoot the whole herd.
This way they go to good use instead of going to fertilizer.

edumcate yourself on the facts before you comment on something you know nothing about.

There is a time and reason for antlerless hunts. If you don't like them don't put in for them. If you think you would save a few if you bought a tag and didn't hunt them the division would come out after the hunt and shoot them anyways so live with it.
Dont come on here and be little anyone for choosing to hunt a legal hunt.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

I love how antlerless hunters defend their actions of killing female animals. Trust me I know there are circumstances where they need to be harvested.
You cant convince me that herds are over populated and need to be lowered to get them back in line with DWR's proposed numbers.
Seriously take a look at numbers of permits available and then look at the success rates of just the antlerless hunters; if there were the numbers of animals said to exist the success rates would be 100% not the mere numbers there are.
Many of the antlerless hunts are held at prime times; beginning of the seasons when animals are easily found and then late into the season while they are fighting to survive the winters yet success rates are low. What is it are you guys lazy or is there not a over population. If the hunts are held to increase buck/doe bull/cow ratios it is a wasted cause, makes no sense, kill more females to get numbers in line is not the way to do it, limit hunting pressure on the males simple as that. I'm sure you'll say crop damage and depredation, show me how in such a high percentage of the antlerless areas there are ill effects of the animals on private property!!
Antlerless hunters are just a group of opportunistic hunters who in my opinion don't care about the animals or the population of them they hunt them because tags are issued. Don't get me wrong like I stated before there are certain times where the antlerless need harvested but I believe most permits are for pure profit and to keep the lazy road hunters happy. Throw out all the numbers you want THAT DWR PROVIDES you to try to prove your point. I grew up seeing how antlerless hunts have devastated many of our deer herds and are limiting our possibilities of a great elk herd.

>LAST EDITED ON May-22-10
>AT 03:45?PM (MST)

>
>Facts for the Utard anti doe
>cow guys.
>
>My father in law has some
>property he leases out to
>a local vegetable farmer. This
>guy grows vegetables for the
>local stores. He had a
>problem with the deer eating
>everything. It was a problem!!!
>I wanted to hunt these
>deer because it had some
>good bucks in the herd.
>
>
>Here is a buck that had
>been seen in the herd
>before the division did its
>work. It was later poached
>by some out of state
>tard and left to rot
>in the field. I say
>out of state because this
>is who hunts the duck
>club this buck lived on.
>
>
>
9316dsc01796.jpg

>
>The farmer made a call and
>a chick from the division
>came out with a semi
>auto and went nuts on
>the herd a week or
>so before my hunt. She
>wounded and or killed pretty
>much 20 deer that day.
>
>
>So People this is how its
>done. The deer will get
>killed because the state does
>not have the funds to
>come in and pay every
>farmer for his losses. so
>they just go out and
>shoot them. Like I said
>most of these deer you
>will never ever have a
>chance to hunt anyways because
>they don't live on public
>land and they don't live
>in the hills.
>
>So I would rather have someone
>pay the division to hunt
>them then to see the
>division come out and gut
>shoot the whole herd.
>This way they go to good
>use instead of going to
>fertilizer.
>
>edumcate yourself on the facts before
>you comment on something you
>know nothing about.
>
>There is a time and reason
>for antlerless hunts. If you
>don't like them don't put
>in for them. If you
>think you would save a
>few if you bought a
>tag and didn't hunt them
>the division would come out
>after the hunt and shoot
>them anyways so live with
>it.
>Dont come on here and be
>little anyone for choosing to
>hunt a legal hunt.
>
>
4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

>Nets are for fish!!

Sorry that your message is not reaching some here. They will never understand. They would prefer to hear how the paid state trappers gun em down in Dec. rather than have someone take the meat home now.

> I love how antlerless
>hunters defend their actions of
>killing female animals. Trust me
>I know there are circumstances
>where they need to be
>harvested.
> You cant convince me
>that herds are over populated
>and need to be lowered
>to get them back in
>line with DWR's proposed numbers.
>
> Seriously take a look
>at numbers of permits available
>and then look at the
>success rates of just the
>antlerless hunters; if
>there were the numbers of
>animals said to exist the
>success rates would be 100%
>not the mere numbers there
>are.
> Many of the antlerless
>hunts are held at prime
>times; beginning of the seasons
>when animals are easily found
>and then late into the
>season while they are fighting
>to survive the winters yet
>success rates are low. What
>is it are you guys
>lazy or is there not
>a over population. If the
>hunts are held to increase
>buck/doe bull/cow ratios it is
>a wasted cause, makes no
>sense, kill more females to
>get numbers in line is
>not the way to do
>it, limit hunting pressure on
>the males simple as that.
> I'm sure you'll
>say crop damage and depredation,
>show me how in such
>a high percentage of the
>antlerless areas there are ill
>effects of the animals on
>private property!!
> Antlerless hunters are just
>a group of opportunistic hunters
>who in my opinion don't
>care about the animals or
>the population of them they
>hunt them because tags are
>issued. Don't get me
>wrong like I stated before
>there are certain times where
>the antlerless need harvested but
>I believe most permits are
>for pure profit and to
>keep the lazy road hunters
>happy. Throw out all
>the numbers you want THAT
>DWR PROVIDES you to try
>to prove your point.
>I grew up seeing how
>antlerless hunts have devastated many
>of our deer herds and
>are limiting our possibilities of
>a great elk herd.

You are a very closed minded individual! The state has the big 5 units, then theu are broken down into smaller sub units. The doe and cow hunts are not open to the big 5 region wide. They are open to sun units or parts of sub units to control specific herds.

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

So that is your argument that supports the antlerless hunts state wide?
Many of the late season hunts incorporate huge areas where herds from a wide variety of mountain ranges spend their winters, thus my point being how does this type of hunt target so called problem herds or herds in need of antlerless harvests.
This will be a never-ending argument on both sides of the line! Its what I have seen happen to herds and the numbers of animals I see now days that I base my opinions on not what the DWR says as it seems many do.

As stated above the late hunts target the problem animals in farmers fields! Also said above, its better for the state to draw revenue and open opportunity by letting hunters go after them rather than paying someone to do it. It is all very simple! We don't have the winter range to support old time deer herds its just not going to happen. Control them and work on them to keep a herd the land can support. Or over run the winter range and kill them all.

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

"But get off our back about trying to obtain tags the DWR is GOING to issue, and please stop trashing a lot of good folks for wanting to fill their freezer with "whole grain", God raised food"

I'm not trashing anyone lol... Don't twist my words around and assume I would care that you like deer or beef. I don't care. I hope thats specific enough???

You can "obtain" all you want. Its not the hunters I am mad at, its the DWR I am mad at. I will shoot a cow elk. But, once again, I DO NOT believe Utah needs to have a doe hunt.

Call me uneducated or whatever. It doesn't bother me at all.

ridgerunner
you talk a lot about the evil doe killers hurting the deer herds and yet you are one of those guys that chase the deer durring the hardest time of the year trying to get them to drop their horns.

I had several friends say they saw you harassing that big buck this year following it around all day long for days on end at about 50 yards. Its amazing it even made it through the winter with you hounding it the way you were.

also the division doesn't kill does/cows to get the bull/cow ratio up wake up.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Look they are going to give the tags out no matter what!! So the way I see it as long as they do I would rather have a tag for myself cause I will do responsible things out hunting that I know for sure as hell others wouldn't do. I won't let the animal go to waste.
The Bottom line is I like to HUNT Period. No matter if its ducks,elk,coyotes, lion, Deer whatever.
Who says it has to have horns to be fun. Come On antlerless tag.

In the recent antlerless book I can see the areas where they are suggesting to take as many cows as possible. A few years ago I remember when the number of cow tags issued for the three corners unit was several hundred( carrying capacity?).
My point is you can tell when there are areas they do not want elk at all and you can tell when there are areas that the DWR is trying to keep overall herd sizes down. There seems to be areas where tags are offered just for opportunity ie. west daggett, phil pico, and the oquirrhs.
I thought the overall herd was to be grown from 60k or so to 80k. With that being said it seems some of these tag numbers for the central and southern parts of the state are strictly to keep ratios in order.
Don't get me wrong I do love the opportunity, but I want to make sure we are doing the best for our herds.

Woodruffhunter,

No offence was meant. Of course all of my above typing was me just being "hard up" and "wanting to kill a doe". I don't know how anybody can really "twist those words".. Pretty cut and dry in my oppinion. If they were meant to be taken differently, please let me know, and I'm sorry I did "twist" them.

Good luck,

Todd

>Woodruffhunter,
>
>No offence was meant. Of course
>all of my above typing
>was me just being "hard
>up" and "wanting to kill
>a doe". I don't know
>how anybody can really "twist
>those words".. Pretty cut and
>dry in my oppinion. If
>they were meant to be
>taken differently, please let me
>know, and I'm sorry I
>did "twist" them.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Todd

Really, I hope you have a wonderful doe hunt. Rest assured that I do not care if someone likes my opinion or does not.

Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong. Everyone else can draw their own conclusions.

If they issue the tag, someone is going to shoot it! Might as well be me. I make no apologies.

Hi, my name is HillbillyNnevada and I am a doe shooter...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom