Utah Axis Deer Taxidermy Recommendations

Torq

Hey everybody I am doing an axis deer hunt here in October. I am wondering if anybody has any Utah taxidermists that have done these before that they would recommend. TIA

I have mounted several, but I don't have any pics as I lost them on my old phone. I'm at a 6 month turn around right now. You can see some of my work on previous posts. Any other questions feel free to call or text.
Ross Richard
Tall Timbers Taxidermy
Thanks, I sent you a message.

Ross will take care of you. He does great work! He mounted my Mexico 3 point muley, and hopefully he’ll be mounting a Wasatch bull for me here shortly.

Ross is doing my life-size bear and my daughters bear rug. He'll treat you right and does outstanding work. His turnaround time is worth it alone. His brother is a tanner...both my bears pelts tanned a few weeks after drop off. No worrying about the tannery taking forever, damaging them or losing them in a fire.

axis deer.jpg

Just thought I'd update the group on my results. It was a super fun hunt and got a decent buck, best part is I was able to do it with my wife beside me.

Now for the crappy part. I attempted to bring home the meat and capes from this buck and a doe that I want to make a rug with. I checked the bag with United, and the bag is lost in San Francisco. It has been probably close to 50 hours now since it all came out of the freezer. I'm sure the meat is toast, but if by chance I can get the capes in the near future, is there any chance they are salvageable, or is there a certain point where they are ruined too? I have never mounted anything before so that might be a dumb question.

That stinks. (No pun intended)
Where did you fly from? I flew from south Texas to SLC and checked 100 lbs of frozen meat with no problems

That stinks. (No pun intended)
Where did you fly from? I flew from south Texas to SLC and checked 100 lbs of frozen meat with no problems
I was coming in from Maui. There was an issue with our plane, so then they put us on another plane. The bags never made the switch. I did get the bag with the meat and capes last night. I put the capes right in the freezer so I am just hoping they are ok.

Too bad! Axis meat is really good
I know, I cooked up some backstrap and tenderloin at the hotel the first night after I killed it and it was awesome. I did have another bag of meat that got to me the day before some of it was still frozen, but all the backstraps and tenderloins were in the bag with the capes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom