Utah Bear Unit Recommendations

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
I have 14 Utah bear bonus points and am looking to draw a Multi-Season Limited Entry tag to give me multiple options to take a bear (bow/bait, hounds, etc). Based on draw odds, I think I can draw most units with the exception of San Juan and maybe La Sal. I would prefer to hunt a unit closer to home anyway like Manti, Nebo, or Wasatch West to maximize time in the field.

In your opinion, what unit would give me the best opportunity for a big boar? I have heard Nebo is a good unit for quantity and quality of bears, but I don't have any firsthand experience with that unit.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for someone with good hounds that is willing to help a guy out with a tag? Having a young family, I am not sure I can afford a fully guided hunt, so looking for guys that might be willing to take me for a reasonable cost or for the "love of the hunt".

No doubt , the Nebo is good for bear right now.

Wasatch west,, Not so much.
Over the counter, harvest objective,
Have reduced bear numbers greatly the last 2 years...
DONT waste 14 points there!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Nebo is a great unit and their are a few outfitters that charge a reasonable price. Just so you are aware, you can't pay a guy unless they are licensed, so you might not get many responses on that...plus you'll wind up ticking off the guides that are trying to make a living. There are a few guys that will run them for free, but they won't be as experienced at harvesting large boars, but you can always get lucky in the right unit. I'd concentrate on baiting if you're short on funds in an area close to home. You'll do great on an area like Nebo, good luck. I have a recommendation for you, but PM me if you're interested. Good luck, it'll be a fun year for you!

Thanks 30Hart for the reply and info. I would love to hear your recommendations and sent you a PM.

Thanks!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom