Utah CWMU experiences

regularjoe

I put this same post on the mule deer section. I am looking for those who have first hand knowledge/experiences of/on the Ensign, Two Bear, Deseret, or Alton CWMUs for mule deer. I don't want this to turn into the CWMU battle that is taking place on the elk page, I just want to hear from guys that have been on these units. Please PM me if you don't wish to share publicly.

I have been told by another CWMU operator that ALTON is a good hunting experience. One of my former co-workers at the Riverdale Sportsman Warehouse (Jeremy Adams) hunted Moose on TWO Bear and said he was treated very well. Sorry I dont have any more information. Sorry your other post brought out the jerks. Some people cant help showing their ignorance!!!

I have experience with Deseret, they give you 2 days to scout and 10 days to hunt. The hunting days are the last 10 days of Oct. excluding Sundays (dates will shift so your total hunting days will add up to 10). It is slightly crowded as this is when most of the paying deer hunters hunt too, but there is always good opportunity to harvest a decent buck. Deseret is not managed for the same level of trophy quality as Alton and Ensign ranches, but is is big enough there are always a couple monsters taken. Good luck.

Dax

I love Deseret. It is huge and as previously stated you get the last 10 days and somebody will shoot a great buck or two. I would not go there with the mindset of 190" or better, you could succeed but the odds are not on your side. I hunted with my grandpa on the Little Red Creek CWMU for deer in 2007 and he shot s 24" 4pt and it was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. Gary treated us like royalty.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom