Utah Dolores Triangle deer

rmanwill

Long Time Member
Any Monstermuley members with the rifle or muzzy Dolores Triangle deer tag this year? Best of luck in the next several weeks to those that have the tags. I know this hunt issues very few tags and is weather dependent. However, on a good year it could be a good hunt. Very interested in hearing how the hunts go and any scouting in the unit so far. Kind of a hit and miss unit, but thinking about getting out of the deer point pool to try to get one more elk tag before I'm to old to hunt them anymore. Less then 1% odds to draw a Henry or Antelope Island tag in random and then there is the next tier of units that take way more points then they are worth. Going to try to pull the trigger on one of the mid tier units in next couple years and then hope for the best. Thanks for any updates.

Sorry rman, personally don't have experience with the Dolores Triangle but looking to get out of the points race asap . Not many good options imho .

I have only hunted coyotes out there one time. We did not see many deer and no coyotes. On the more exciting side, I did almost sink my truck crossing the Dolores river. It's a gut wrenching feeling when your headlights disappear under the water and the truck starts floating away ha ha. We managed to make the crossing but it was touch and go there for a few seconds, and sitting in soiled undies for the rest of the day was uncomfortable.......

I have only hunted coyotes out there one time. We did not see many deer and no coyotes. On the more exciting side, I did almost sink my truck crossing the Dolores river. It's a gut wrenching feeling when your headlights disappear under the water and the truck starts floating away ha ha. We managed to make the crossing but it was touch and go there for a few seconds, and sitting in soiled undies for the rest of the day was uncomfortable.......
Ya, it's a long way around, but I will be going around through Colorado and not the river crossing!!! ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom