Utah DWR director passes away.

fishon

Very Active Member
Utah DWR director passes away.

Kevin Conway, The director of Utah's wildlife resources passed away wed. night after a long courages battle with cancer. Kevin was wildlife's best friend and an advocate for all sportsmen and sportswoman.

Kevin's love for the outdoors was 2nd only to his family. Kevin will be sorley missed but his vision for Utah's wildlife will continue.

Kevin, rest well my friend and know that Utah's wildlife is better because of you.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Tony Abbott

RE: Utah DWR director passes away.

I'm with you on this one fishon. Thanks for letting the rest of us know.

My thoughts and prayers with be with the family.

400bull

I saw the news release on the DWR website but didn't read it because I was thinking it was a past employee. Wasn't he the current and acting director? That is too bad no one deserves to be infected with that awful disease. I did not know Kevin, but was under the impression he was a great friend to hunters and wildlife in a very difficult position.

What will happen to the director's position now?

Kevin Conway was by far the best director the DWR has ever had; his door was open to anyone at any time, he listened fully to what you had to say and even if he disagreed he did it as a gentleman while making his own point. He cared for wildlife and the future for wildlife, he was most excellent at bridging the gaps between sportsmen and non-consumptive users.

Kevin was a good friend and had fought cancer off and on throughout his life. He thought he had it beat until last year, and we all knew the outlook was not good. It still comes a shock to know he's gone. I'll remember many a time having entered his office to just say hello and leaving with an ever more profound respect and admiration for a man that put himself in the hot seat for wildlife.

I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin a few times, He was a great man and will be missed by everybody that knew him.

Dianna

Kevin was a great person and an excellent Director. He brought a "hunter" attitude to the position. We can only hope the next director will be as valuable as Kevin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom