Utah elk proposal- turn the multi-season tag into a draw

Turn the multi-season elk tag into a draw rather than everything?

• For it

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Against it

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Wouldn’t solve anything

Votes: 22 40.0%

• Total voters

tallelkchaser

In reading the feedback of the current proposals, there is a common suggestion of removing the multi-season all together or turn it into a draw. I think it has caused additional hunting pressure that could be alleviated and I would not like a draw for a general elk tag. Think this is a good compromise that could provide multiple benefits.

The only way i would be in favor of eliminating the multi season tag , is if we did the same thing with dedicated hunter program on deer , and leave the general elk over the counter , with that being said before all the haters come out of there chairs i have been a dedicated hunter from day one , but thats never gonna happen because all the dwr is interested in is a bigger budget , 200,000 to 40000 dollars minimum on elk tag applications alone just from this one change

I would like to see tag sales go back to over the counter and eliminate electronic purchases. Non residents can put in electronically, but residents should have to show up in person to eliminate purchasing granny’s tag, sisters tag, uncle’s tag, etc, etc. and clogging up the server with their ten devices all going at once for a placeholder.

I said from day one they UNDERSOLD the 3 season tag. They could of got service hours and did a two elk in three years. I don't want that, but people would sign up for it. Now the people who don't follow up have 3 months to apply.

Do away with multi season elk. Dedicated hunter for deer is a joke, theres a massive shid ton of non stop pressure on our poor game for 6 months at least on elk. Dedicated hunter program is the most ineffective farce money grab, pretty sure a couple clowns weed whacking lee Kay center does nothing for wildlife. Off set the budget with sfw slush fund

Do away with multi season elk. Dedicated hunter for deer is a joke, theres a massive shid ton of non stop pressure on our poor game for 6 months at least on elk. Dedicated hunter program is the most ineffective farce money grab, pretty sure a couple clowns weed whacking lee Kay center does nothing for wildlife. Off set the budget with sfw slush fund
Or, make all tags contingent on service hours dedicated to wildlife improvement and see how many casual hunters drop out of the draws.

I would like to see tag sales go back to over the counter and eliminate electronic purchases. Non residents can put in electronically, but residents should have to show up in person to eliminate purchasing granny’s tag, sisters tag, uncle’s tag, etc, etc. and clogging up the server with their ten devices all going at once for a placeholder.

YUUUUUUPPPPPP

Only gov can take something that works, screw it up, then do more gov to fix their screw up

People killing less deer and targeting older age class bucks has really hurt your feelings.
Personally I think success rates are higher with dedicated. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all when someone shoots a good buck. In fact I am happy for them. I am not the jealous type when I see another hunter harvest a good buck unless it was one I was Personally going after. Thanks for the tough guy smart remark though.

Personally I think success rates are higher with dedicated. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all when someone shoots a good buck. In fact I am happy for them. I am not the jealous type when I see another hunter harvest a good buck unless it was one I was Personally going after. Thanks for the tough guy smart remark though.
you’re welcome!

I wouldn't care if they made it a draw, but if not they need to get ride of it. I have hunted Muzz Elk since the ML300 days and I can't believe how hard it's become to get an open bull tag. it appears to me guys are buying tags for other family members so they can hunt all three seasons and if successful notch another family members tag and keep hunting. I have personally talked to a few guys during this hunt that have basically admitted to this. It's also putting a lot more people out in the woods and in my opinion when you put people out hunting archery or with a muzzleloader that don't really care about archery or muzz hunting they tend to screw it up for the people that are serious about it and may not have a multi season tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom