Utah ewe

Halfcurl

Well it happened this morning so stoked to actually draw a tag this year. Got up a little late but knew area to look. Got up to the saddle and there was a group 1/2 mile south started towards them 500 yards in rocks fell behind me turned around and seven sheep were walking 650 yards from me turned around and got to 110 yards and put her down. I know it’s a yew and I’d love a ram tag but have now harvested a California big horn. The best part of the day was as I finished processing. I noticed a guy on a bike that looked like he was out of gas or broke down. Got to him and his daughter had an infilled tag. Well 40 minutes ago I saw 4 100 yards from the bottom. So 40” later she had her tag filled with a 7 year old ewe. That truly was the highlight of the day

AE8AA626-5DEA-4E12-A067-F06206664678.jpeg

What a valuable hunt. I don't see the DWR doing this again. I've heard so many negative aspects to this hunt, and why the DWR chose to do it. Congrats!

It's great to see some female management on that unit. Overpopulation in a sheep herd can be deadly.
Congratulations to all who drew that coveted tag and were able to do their part. Well done!

(So Halfcurl, can we call you 5/8ths curl now?) ;)

I guess half curl no longer fits so yes. It was fun meeting and talking to the individuals out there as well as the mining history. Those old codgers had to be tough to get the machinery where they did.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom