Utah Fishing Trip- Suggestions

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My wife and I want to pull the trailer up through Utah in June looking forward to doing some fishing. We'd like to fish a few different lakes (with guides/not pulling our boat) and we know we are going to hit FishLake to try to catch some lake trout. We'll have the time and ability to hit 3 lakes...possibly 4. Firstly, is June a good time to fish lakes in Utah? Would late August be better to plan this trip? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Steve

I would stick with the June dates. Seems like the fishing slows down when it gets hotter weather in July and August. Depending on the species you’d like to target. I would hit Flaming George for Lakers, Kokes, trout. Strawberry for Kokes and trout. Otter Creek and Panguitch Lake and yes it does have Big fish.

Will you be able to have a float tube, pontoon, or canoe along? Willard Bay is a real nice camping park, and that lake or Mantua have some fun bass, crappie and bluegill also

Make Sure Ms Wisz Brings Her Favorite Fishing Uniform!

fishing.jpg

Will you be able to have a float tube, pontoon, or canoe along? Willard Bay is a real nice camping park, and that lake or Mantua have some fun bass, crappie and bluegill also
We won't have anything like that with us....I'll bring a few of our poles for our "off" days that we will fish from shore or rent a boat. However, the few days that we want to really try to catch fish will be with a guide. I hope that we'll be able to schedule a guide at Fishlake for sure. I will look into Panguitch. Any suggestions on Panguitch? Thanks for the help guys.....

Nice pic, BESS!

We won't have anything like that with us....I'll bring a few of our poles for our "off" days that we will fish from shore or rent a boat. However, the few days that we want to really try to catch fish will be with a guide. I hope that we'll be able to schedule a guide at Fishlake for sure. I will look into Panguitch. Any suggestions on Panguitch? Thanks for the help guys.....

Nice pic, BESS!
Big John knows Fish Lake like no one else give him a ring or a PM he'll enlighten you to the fishing at Fish Lake he is up there all the time. He knows the lady in the bait shop hint hint

Don’t follow me around the lake you will only catch the dinks. ?? Usually the fishing is better earlier. As the water gets warmer the big fish go deeper. Although those big old lake trout are stinky and you just release them any way. The Kokanee are the good ones to catch. ? Let me know when your heading up. Maybe we can get the old Bobcat Bess up there.

Don’t follow me around the lake you will only catch the dinks. ?? Usually the fishing is better earlier. As the water gets warmer the big fish go deeper. Although those big old lake trout are stinky and you just release them any way. The Kokanee are the good ones to catch. ? Let me know when your heading up. Maybe we can get the old Bobcat Bess up there.

Don’t follow me around the lake you will only catch the dinks. ?? Usually the fishing is better earlier. As the water gets warmer the big fish go deeper. Although those big old lake trout are stinky and you just release them any way. The Kokanee are the good ones to catch. ? Let me know when your heading up. Maybe we can get the old Bobcat Bess up there

I will pm you BJT.....I appreciate the info.

Fish lake, strawberry (I know a guy, guy is me, I am guy) and flaming gorge would be my list. Maybe try and hit a couple smaller places around those three in spare time.
Hitting Zion to sight see on the way up....4th day hitting Panguitch Lake to fish for the day, then up to Fishlake for 2 days. Then up to Strawberry for a day or two. Need a boat to fish Strawberry?

You can rent a boat at most of the suggested lakes. no guide needed. Try catfishing at Utah Lake.
We've got basic trout set ups....if they are deeper, I've got poles set up with lead core line if needed. You think this will be sufficient? I guess I can ask the local shop what the hot colors or lures have been, huh? I appreciate the help guys.

There are no Elk or big fish at Fish Lake. Just beautiful scenery ! Flaming Gorge has some guides and a lot of big Lake trout! I would hit Berry Blaster up for a guided fishing trip on the Berry ! The only problem is like the rest of the Californians that come threw Utah you won't want to go back home ! :) :)
See you on the mountain !

Hey Steve, I recently did this thread over on the bowsite about Zion Sheep unit.

Not any Mature Rams seen but you may get some info of value from the thread for you and the Mrs. trip.

Robb

Sure, no problem

If ya go to Flaming Gorge and do the boat fishing gig, for sure float Horseshoe canyon as the sheep hang along there and on the face of Boar's Tusk south of Antelope Flats boat launch too.

Robb

Hey Wisz!

You've Heard I've got a New Hobby Right?

It's Called:

Kid-Sittin!

You could Shut Your Kid Tracking Gear Down & Not Worry about things while You were Enjoying Your Vacation!:D

I would stick with the June dates. Seems like the fishing slows down when it gets hotter weather in July and August. Depending on the species you’d like to target. I would hit Flaming George for Lakers, Kokes, trout. Strawberry for Kokes and trout. Otter Creek and Panguitch Lake and yes it does have Big fish.
I'd even consider floating the Green River below Flaming Gorge. Some big browns and a great trip on the Green. I grew up working on the Gorge at Cedar Springs Marina!!

I know Fish Lake has boat rentals, but I am not aware of any fishing guides there.

If you want a good opportunity to catch a big laker I would go to flaming gorge. There are several guides, but most of them are booked. You will want to start calling around to see if anyone has open availability.

If you want to catch some kokanee salmon, I know a few guides that take clients to Strawberry Reservoir. Send me a PM if you want their info.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom