Utah general elk tags

Im almost there. Only 103,000 people in front of me.
Screenshot_20200716-090018_Samsung Internet.jpg

Once you get through the cc processor crashed

The number they give you is worthless, just some poor guy getting yelled at.

I finally after hours waiting got to the sign in page. put in my info and it started my wait over again and over three hundred thousand. I think the system has crashed. They are just giving us the run around !

We got in, got multi season tags, submit.

takes you to a phone # to check payment status.

2different cards

$150 Pending on both

2 hours later, it reverses the pending on both.

I imagine patience is key. I’m sure there will still be tags available next week. Cross my fingers that this mixup doesn’t cause a run on tags

I did see just over 4000 multi season open bull and 12000 plus multi season spike tags before it kicked me off. With the 10,000 cut deer tags and 15000 spike tags. We thought this might happen.

They still have the 4000 open bull and 11000 spike tags. 3rd time was a charm for getting my official Utah.gov receipt for elk multi season and 1 muzzleloader tag.

Saw this thread and got worried jumped on was in the queue for about an hour and then bought the tag. I did it on a computer, heard that most of the ones getting kicked off are trying on a phone.

11,000ish spike left and 3800ish any bull as of 5 min ago. I'll guess anybull sell out today but spike will last a few days.

After waiting for an hour to get in, I made it to the screen where you click "Confirm Payment" and then it gave me an error message and sent me to the back of the line.

I got a 3 season tag for me and my brother and there where only 2000 tags left! what a joke it kicked me out 3 times today! I called f&g and yelled at them after the first 2 times and all they could say is try again.... what a bunch of BS

Is there a queue for lining up to kick the DWR’s website developer in the nads? I would love to be first. I’d even wait four hours to do it!

Is there a queue for lining up to kick the DWR’s website developer in the nads? I would love to be first. I’d even wait four hours to do it!

There was ABSOLUTELY no excuse for that.

The smart ass in Ogden that decided to ***** at my 14yr old who called to ask why we have reverse pending charges is getting to meet a damn pissed off dad tommorow.

Capital one, Wells Fargo, AFCU, Zions.

Between me and my in-laws they all got sent to payment error.

And the asshat in Ogden
“Your too young to have a card, the error is with your bank, it’s not on our side”

What a fiasco..took 5 1/2 hours to get a genral season bull tag this has got to be one of the best clusters of all time

There was ABSOLUTELY no excuse for that.

The smart ass in Ogden that decided to ***** at my 14yr old who called to ask why we have reverse pending charges is getting to meet a damn pissed off dad tommorow.

Capital one, Wells Fargo, AFCU, Zions.

Between me and my in-laws they all got sent to payment error.

And the asshat in Ogden
“Your too young to have a card, the error is with your bank, it’s not on our side”
Haha please keep us updated on how that goes!!

The DWR has been known for some giant pooch-screw’ns, but this has to be at the top of that list! They should be embarrassed! “Should be”... but they don’t care. If they did, they would have fixed this issue years ago. Selling elk, deer and other permits on the same day is absolutely stupid. And to think these people need to have a college degree for these jobs is absolutely amazing

So it said all of the general bull tags were sold out, so I decided to get a spike only tag and noticed there was still archery any bull

So it said all of the general bull tags were sold out, so I decided to get a spike only tag and noticed there was still archery any bull
Archery elk (spike/cow or hunters choice) is unlimited quota.

because of this, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few more guys pick up a bow this year than what you would normally see.

Bought mine and 3 sons this morning around 10AM. About 2 hrs and one time kicked out half way through applying.

Then this afternoon on a few times to help out buddies and picked up 7 more tags for our elk muzzy camp.

A couple of our party never did get a liecence through the process.

Sold out in less then 8 hours. Next year I can see them going to a draw for any bull tags.

I actually was on for a buddy, his daughter and his son, due to a processing error in the morning. I actually clicked on 1 tag remaining.

I started trying right at 08:00 and it took me until 1:30 to get one. That was after getting kicked out on the final payment screen once and using 3 computers, an iPad, and my phone waiting. This was a big win for the DWR. Now next year they can institute a point system for general season elk to collect application and point fees.

I started trying right at 08:00 and it took me until 1:30 to get one. That was after getting kicked out on the final payment screen once and using 3 computers, an iPad, and my phone waiting. This was a big win for the DWR. Now next year they can institute a point system for general season elk to collect application and point fees.

7 dudes. 8 phones, 6 computers, 2 iPads.

4.5 hours

Hmmm, I logged in at 7:30 this morning. Was #123 waited 5 mins in que and then jumped to the page. 8:00 the elk tag options refreshed, bought a multi season any bull for myself, my son and my brother. All by 8:05. Doesn’t sound like a fun day for a few.

Unreal to see grown men throwing tantrums over the incomvience of buying a tag. Ironically it’s a lot of familar names throwing the trantums ....again...for something else...it’s alwsys something.
Let’s make it in person only and you’ll all cry about long lines and having to miss work and it’s not fair to some.
Let’s make it a draw, then complain there are no over the counter tags in Utah.
It’s a government agency, thus it does not operate effecirently. So let’s make it private and you’ll all dress in black and burn shiiit down because someone exploiting a public resource to make money.
Many of you will cry and complain no matter what, you’ve proven it time again. Pathetic.

Last edited:
The draw, including the draw website, the numbers, the processing, the results, the odds report, and even the printing and mailing of the permits is done by Systems Consultants (AKA: Utah Wildlife Administration), 448 West Williams Ave, Fallon, NV 89406,(Don H Sefton, owner), which is under contract with the DWR. To state or imply that this mess is the fault of the DWR is just not the case! But, then again, EVERYTHING that you don't like about wildlife management is the DWR's fault!

I was on Yesterday at 7:50 it refreshed at 8:00 put me at 17000 in line my Internet is strong it never glitched once I knew it was going to be a few hours but who cares I was done by 9:45
So our hunting party ended up with tags 12 total yeah it was slow but what did everyone expect nobody’s working everyone wants to fill there freezer.
When you have that many people hit the servers at the same time your going to have problems I don’t care how big and bad your equipment is....

I was really surprised that when I look this morning there still was still spike tags available there is 4400 as of right now...

I was on Yesterday at 7:50 it refreshed at 8:00 put me at 17000 in line my Internet is strong it never glitched once I knew it was going to be a few hours but who cares I was done by 9:45
So our hunting party ended up with tags 12 total yeah it was slow but what did everyone expect nobody’s working everyone wants to fill there freezer.
When you have that many people hit the servers at the same time your going to have problems I don’t care how big and bad your equipment is....

I was really surprised that when I look this morning there still was still spike tags available there is 4400 as of right now...
Yep know it would be ruff. Our party ended up with 15 that I know of. I got 11 that I know of.

About as expected. Did surprise me that they sold out in less then 8 hrs.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom