Utah Gov.

Stonefly

Very Active Member
Wondering about how folks feel about the race in Utah.
I for one, will not miss Herbert, when he is gone. he found more ways to tax me, and give my money away to special intrest. than anyone since Bangeter .( remember the pumps for the great salt lake).
I don't think Cox, will be any better, in fact it amazes me he is is running as a Republican. he Bragg's up his family business in his add campaigns, and talks about his family influence in the area.
Well he and his family business are just down the road a ways from where I hang my hat, and I for one am not impressed. poor service from both, high cost, poor service IMO.
Spencer, he seams to me like he is a combination of 2 other politicians. 1 is good ol carpet bagger mittens romney , who I feel used his religion as his strongest running asset. and the other, is harry reid. the .say anything it takes to get the outcome you want. funny thing is, it was reid, who lied about romney not paying taxes, and when proved wrong, said on camera , " well, it worked didn't it." this was before his brother beat the shlt out of him, and ended his political career.
So you spencer guys can attack now, doubt ill give you more than a silent chuckle. it everyone else I'd like to hear from. is there a candidate you like, and the strongest reasion why.

Apparently Huntsman is running a scheme having Democrats register as Republicans to vote for him in the Primary.

That's after years of him talking about not really wanting to be a republican anymore.

Having Rob Bishop as your running mate is a hard NO

So then there is Hughes? Good Lord.

I was leaning Cox if only because he knew of places outside of SLC.

I agree with you on Herbert, until he didn't lockdown the state. Despite Jenny Wilson desperately wanting the control and power. I thought he's done pretty good on Wuhan.

Apparently Huntsman is running a scheme having Democrats register as Republicans to vote for him in the Primary.

That's after years of him talking about not really wanting to be a republican anymore.

I agree with you on Herbert, until he didn't lockdown the state. Despite Jenny Wilson desperately wanting the control and power. I thought he's done pretty good on Wuhan.

"Apparently Huntsman is running a scheme...." Ummm, facts??? What is your source?

I have very little good to say about huntsman, other than his father, from his actions was a very good man. the son, well I don't have the same feeling for him, I'm afraid his fathers coat tails left with him. he ditched Utah once already to go t china for obummer. don't know much about Hughes. why the good lord? as far as the scheme on voting for one or the other id bet it totally a democrat scheme

"Apparently Huntsman is running a scheme...." Ummm, facts??? What is your source?

And while he says it’s been a “little uncomfortable” to identify as a Republican, for now, the former Democratic Party chairman said he wasn’t sure how soon he’ll switch his party affiliation back after the election is over. -SL TRIBUNE

Good enough?

I can go find the hour KNRS spent on it this week if you want.

Pay close attention to the last one.

It's on Abby Huntsmans IG page as well.

Regardless of where you are, the Party members should get to choose theis party nominee.

Huntsman 7 points back, it's a desperation move

I have very little good to say about huntsman, other than his father, from his actions was a very good man. the son, well I don't have the same feeling for him, I'm afraid his fathers coat tails left with him. he ditched Utah once already to go t china for obummer. don't know much about Hughes. why the good lord? as far as the scheme on voting for one or the other id bet it totally a democrat scheme

Hughes.

You don't check the "swamp" in Utah by electing the it's head.

Not in love with Cox, he just gets points for not being from the Wasatch Front. Might be a refreshing change.

I'm waiting for Romney to endorse Huntsman.

BTW, wasn't Huntsman the Ambassador to Chin a?

Hughes.

You don't check the "swamp" in Utah by electing the it's head.

Not in love with Cox, he just gets points for not being from the Wasatch Front. Might be a refreshing change.

I'm waiting for Romney to endorse Huntsman.

BTW, wasn't Huntsman the Ambassador to Chin a?

The former ambassador to China criticized his party's "get tough" approach to that country, saying "I don’t know what world these people are living in"
-Atlantic via Buzzfeed

Wondering about how folks feel about the race in Utah.
I for one, will not miss Herbert, when he is gone. he found more ways to tax me, and give my money away to special intrest. than anyone since Bangeter .( remember the pumps for the great salt lake).
I don't think Cox, will be any better, in fact it amazes me he is is running as a Republican. he Bragg's up his family business in his add campaigns, and talks about his family influence in the area.
Well he and his family business are just down the road a ways from where I hang my hat, and I for one am not impressed. poor service from both, high cost, poor service IMO.
Spencer, he seams to me like he is a combination of 2 other politicians. 1 is good ol carpet bagger mittens romney , who I feel used his religion as his strongest running asset. and the other, is harry reid. the .say anything it takes to get the outcome you want. funny thing is, it was reid, who lied about romney not paying taxes, and when proved wrong, said on camera , " well, it worked didn't it." this was before his brother beat the shlt out of him, and ended his political career.
So you spencer guys can attack now, doubt ill give you more than a silent chuckle. it everyone else I'd like to hear from. is there a candidate you like, and the strongest reasion why.

So you’re saying Harry didn’t get all bruised up from his exercise rubber??.....lmmfao

homer, i never believed the concocted story about exercise being the cause of harry's but whoopin . there was a rumor harry screwed his brother over. and the brother had a temper. after i saw the pics of olof harry, well I've seen folks who's had a good ol fashioned beating before so i took the rumor as more truth that the malfunctioning exercise equipment

hoss ya he was governor until obbumer needed someone who spoke mandiran then he ditched utah and went to china . his record isn't really different than cox the way i see it. except when Utah's legislature voted to become constitutional carry herbert/cox vetoed it where I believe huntsman would have listened to the people and signed it into law.

I havent looked into Hughes, hoss, show me where i can read about the swamp in him. I am not the guy who sits out and not vote, I vote for the person who is the farthest away from being a progressive , liberal,. for instance , abortion, 2nd ammendment, personal accountability, border issues are of the utmost important to me. I want to here where each stand, on each of these issues, THEN, hear the rest of the boring truths. I will as in Captain and commander said, choose the lesser of two weavels if i can't find the perfect candidate .

And while he says it’s been a “little uncomfortable” to identify as a Republican, for now, the former Democratic Party chairman said he wasn’t sure how soon he’ll switch his party affiliation back after the election is over. -SL TRIBUNE

Good enough?

I can go find the hour KNRS spent on it this week if you want.

Pay close attention to the last one.

It's on Abby Huntsmans IG page as well.

Regardless of where you are, the Party members should get to choose theis party nominee.

Huntsman 7 points back, it's a desperation move

I read them all. Nothing there smelled like a .... The word "scheme" to me makes it sound like he's cheating someone into registering as a Republican. Based on what I read in the articles, it's just basically a plea to change party affiliation. No scheme.

Democrats have tried many times to gill the field with numerous republican candidates to split the conservative votes to advance a moderate or Rhino that will more likely promote an agenda closer to their own liberal progressive BS. that is why its a scheme, AZ.

Stonefly a good example of that would be a ex-governor of CA. that was a body builder-actor with the first name of Arnold and married to a Kennedy. That RINO screwed us on several liberal bills and a anti gun bill that stopped several gun makers from selling guns in CA.
RELH

I read them all. Nothing there smelled like a .... The word "scheme" to me makes it sound like he's cheating someone into registering as a Republican. Based on what I read in the articles, it's just basically a plea to change party affiliation. No scheme.

He's not trying to get them to become Republicans. Jim Debakis is the former Dem head honcho, he's trying to get them to change for on day, primary day.

Utah doesn't need another "savior"(Romney). Huntsman, like Romney only remembered his Utah address when election time came.

Not sure when elected office in Utah became the consulation prize for failed presidential candidates.

And ya. That's a scheme.

Last edited:

Hoss
Rob Bishop is not Huntsman running mate, Bishop is Thomas Wright running mate. Michelle Kaufusi is John Huntsman running mate.
You really need to check your facts.
You are either too lazy to check the truth or else you do not care if you are spewing un truth facts.
Huntsman is not running a scheme, he is being pretty open about asking voters to get affiliated to a party, he is stating be more involved in the political process.

Hoss
Rob Bishop is not Huntsman running mate, Bishop is Thomas Wright running mate. Michelle Kaufusi is John Huntsman running mate.
You really need to check your facts.
You are either too lazy to check the truth or else you do not care if you are spewing un truth facts.
Huntsman is not running a scheme, he is being pretty open about asking voters to get affiliated to a party, he is stating be more involved in the political process.
Apparently Huntsman is running a scheme having Democrats register as Republicans to vote for him in the Primary. That's after years of him talking about not really wanting to be a republican anymore.

You need to learn to read. I never did say Bishop was Huntsmans running mate. Perhaps your too lazy?

1 Huntsman
2 Rob Bisop
3Cox
4Hughes

See how that went. Thus the double line spacing between candidates.

And he's not being open about it. His daughter is. She's all over social media talking about it. Again, I posted like 7 links, if your too lazy to read them, that's on you.

As an I, I don't have a dog in the fight, but, if your running in a R primary and the only way you can get votes is convincing Jim Debakis to register as an R to vote for you, you are disingenuous. If he wants D votes, he should run in the D primary.

I could link about 20 speeches he gave in which he laid out his disagreements with R. In fact he disagreed with Mittens for being too R. But you probably wouldn't read those either.

That isn't even mentioning he was the Chinese ambassador. How's that relationship worked out?

Notdon here's 1 of the numerous. It gives sources of other interviews he's given. Feel free to check them out.

When it comes to highlighting his party's deficiencies, Huntsman has never been shy. In fact, his ascent to national notoriety has been fueled and fed by regular, headline-grabbing attacks on the GOP — a habit that has turned him into every Democrat's favorite Republican, and every Republican's favorite punching bag.

It began in 2009, when Huntsman, then a popular governor from Utah, told Politico that his party had "drifted a little bit far from intellectual honesty," and that President Obama's landslide victory should prompt the GOP to rethink its positions on gay rights, climate change, and immigration. After then serving as Obama's Ambassador to China, he returned to the states in 2011 to join the Republican primaries, warning viewers of ABC's This Week, "The minute that the Republican Party becomes the... anti-science party, we have a huge problem." When he eventually dropped out of the race, Huntsman complained in an interview at the 92nd Street Y in Manhattan about the conservative intransigence he confronted on the campaign trail: "This is what they do in China on party matters, they punish you if you talk off script." And in recent weeks, he's given interviews to The Huffington Post, The New York Times Magazine, The [London] Daily Telegraph, The Ripon Forum, and a host of cable news shows, during which time he's said his party is "devoid of a soul," and asserted that Republicans view compromise as "analogous to treason."

Reminded of some of his sharper critiques Monday, Huntsman blamed the soundbite-obsessed news media for making his comments come off more negative than they were intended.

"Typically, you'll get a headline from an interview that will speak to the most salacious — not sentence, but clause, and they'll ignore the other 99 wonderful, uplifting things you said about Republicans," he lamented. "So, to some extent, the dialogue suffers from a dumbing down. Whatever will move content, because media companies make money by moving content."

But he didn't walk back any of his attacks either, and he went on to reiterate many of the same points he's been making for years — that Republicans need to become pragmatic "conservative problem-solvers" (a term he used often during the campaign), that the party must to prepare for a "demographic shift," and that conservatives have "a tremendous opportunity with young people" if only they will drop their more alienating rhetoric.

One question he didn't answer: Why keep preaching this same message after years of failing to convert his party?

Huntsman's prescriptions were viewed as earnest and even plausible in 2009, when Republicans were engaged in their last soul-searching phase, and a party-wide tack to the middle seemed like a conceivable outcome, but today conservatives largely see his lectures as opportunistic at best, and scornful at worst. During the campaign, conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer seemed to capture the conventional wisdom on the right when he wrote Huntsman off as a "liberal's idea of what a Republican ought to be."

Buzzfeed 2013

Notice that last line. It's now his campaign, being the D version of a Republican.

To be fair, him being governor wouldn't hurt my feelings, but it's shady to do what he's doing in a primary.

Last edited:
Hossblur, if what you wrote is factual, you do not want Huntsman as your governor. He will screw you like Arnold did us in CA. being elected as a Republican when in fact his soul was with the liberal Democrats.
As governor he can make policy and even veto bills that do not fit his agenda. Do not make the mistake a lot of us did in CA. by electing a RINO.
RELH

When it comes to huntsman, I agree with, the late Mr.Charles Krauthammer.
when it comes to Cox , I dont think being distant from the wasatch front means a lot , and brings nothing to the table. he is spawn of herbert, who lacked the talent, not desire to become huntsman.

Hossblur, if what you wrote is factual, you do not want Huntsman as your governor. He will screw you like Arnold did us in CA. being elected as a Republican when in fact his soul was with the liberal Democrats.
As governor he can make policy and even veto bills that do not fit his agenda. Do not make the mistake a lot of us did in CA. by electing a RINO.
RELH

Ya I know. We already have Romney.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom