Utah LE Elk - HELP

Ihuntemall

I have 21 non resident points for elk and I‘m not getting any younger. Harvested 5 bulls in AZ, best 340. Can’t shoot bow anymore, bad shoulder. Muzzy is OK. Have not hunted elk in Utah, deer some in the southeast corner. Any suggestion? 1st rifle plateau fishlake or 2nd rifle plateau boulder, maybe.

Boulder has some good bulls. But the 2nd rifle could be touch more difficult. Because of the crowds and spike rifle hunt staring up around that time. Adds to more chaos

Wouldn’t even consider the Boulder late rifle hunt unless you have local intel or help-it can be a very tough hunt. Definitely agree with looking at Manti early rifle as 1st option and Wasatch or Fishlake early rifle as 2nd option

Wouldn’t even consider the Boulder late rifle hunt unless you have local intel or help-it can be a very tough hunt. Definitely agree with looking at Manti early rifle as 1st option and Wasatch or Fishlake early rifle as 2nd option
Just the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks for your reply

I have local support from an experienced Utah elk hunter for Plateau Fishlake. Forgot to mention that
Having experienced help can go a long way. Even then, if top end bull is the goal (beating your 340) I would say Manti is the better overall option.

I'd say any Early hunt is better than any Late hunt. You'll get to hunt the rut, with a rifle..?? Thats as good as it gets. Do it while you can, cuz I hope our DWR changes it so no bull hunts with a rifle are in the rut. :)

Keep watching this thread until after the hunts then decide. I know lots of good hunters with both Manti and Boulder tags this year that are not members of the MM crowd. Both are good units.

With that many points hold out for an early rifle, without question.

I'd also say early Manti right now.

Are you a DIY or willing to hire a guide?

Ihuntemall I will be in the Manti next week for the archery opener with a NR multi-season tag and planning to hunt all the seasons/ weapons DIY until I fill my tag. I should be in a position to give you an honest assessment after the season if you want some feedback on the unit…

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom