Utah Moose Pictures

PGCK

Hello my Monster Muley friends. I was lucky and drew a Wasatch moose tag. I have been in the field a lot and have seen my fair share of moose but I have no clue what a "good" moose looks like. If you have pictures of moose you killed in the past I would appreciate it if you would post pictures. I'm not looking for the state record. Just want a good bull.

My dad killed this bull on the Wasatch last year. The only advice I have for you is you always see moose until you have a tag in your pocket and they are bigger then you think when they are laying dead on the ground. It is not as easy of a hunt as many may think. We got lucky on my dads and killed his bull opening day. My brother had the tag in 2018 and killed a 3 year old bull on the third to the last day of the hunt. Good luck.

D6553EFA-BB15-4394-92AC-6C89B214C56E.jpeg

My dad killed this bull on the Wasatch last year. The only advice I have for you is you always see moose until you have a tag in your pocket and they are bigger then you think when they are laying dead on the ground. It is not as easy of a hunt as many may think. We got lucky on my dads and killed his bull opening day. My brother had the tag in 2018 and killed a 3 year old bull on the third to the last day of the hunt. Good luck.

View attachment 39797
That is great advise. Thanks

This is an odd thread... Do many people put in for, and spends hundreds or thousands of dollars on tags for animals they know nothing about.? Just seems a little funny to me.

With that said, I truly wish you luck on your hunt. Novice or not, I hope you can enjoy that country, experience it with all your heart, and then come across a nice bull to put down. Get ready for heavy packs..!!

Make sure your bull has a double shovel on each side (at least 2 points coming off the front) if you are worried about score. They run the tape measure from the top of the Palm all the way down through the webbing on the front shovels. If it only has one point coming off there's no webbing to measure down to. Also, you don't want the Moose to have real long points on his palms. You just want to make sure they're over an inch and longer than they are wide. You don't get extra inches for how long the points are. Whether the point is an inch long or 10 in long it's one point. The longer the points are, the more likely the palm will be shorter.

Make sure your bull has a double shovel on each side (at least 2 points coming off the front) if you are worried about score. They run the tape measure from the top of the Palm all the way down through the webbing on the front shovels. If it only has one point coming off there's no webbing to measure down to. Also, you don't want the Moose to have real long points on his palms. You just want to make sure they're over an inch and longer than they are wide. You don't get extra inches for how long the points are. Whether the point is an inch long or 10 in long it's one point. The longer the points are, the more likely the palm will be shorter.
thanks, I'm not worried about score. Just looking for a bull that fits my eye.

This is an odd thread... Do many people put in for, and spends hundreds or thousands of dollars on tags for animals they know nothing about.? Just seems a little funny to me.

With that said, I truly wish you luck on your hunt. Novice or not, I hope you can enjoy that country, experience it with all your heart, and then come across a nice bull to put down. Get ready for heavy packs..!!
Thanks for replying Browning. Thanks for wishing me luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom