Utah moose (rut)

G

gonehunting

Does anybody know when the moose start to rut in utah. We will be hunting moose this weekend, and i was wondering if calling my work. Does sportsmans warehouse sell moose calls?

Why is the moose season split, is it because of the moose rut?

It isn't so much the rut as it is the muzzy season as to why they split it up. Yes they will respond to cow calls and yes Sportsmans carries them. If you make grunting noises much like a toilet trip they'll respond to that too. Good luck on the trip.
Yelum

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-04 AT 04:09PM (MST)[p]They are getting cranked up right now. A big bull chased my son's friend in a drift boat the other day. We killed a 44" wide 162" B&C bull on Friday morning with a muzzleloader here in Idaho. Another friend got his 48" wide 169" B&C bull last Monday evening. Better get after them now! For us, mouth calling works the best. Loud grunts imitate a bull, and long drawn out nasal whines sound like cows in heat.

Blank, are you sure that was a moose or was it something by the travertine springs???

Just wonderin' :)

Sounds like we better bust your way after Jill smacks a 380-bull, huh?

I will be bear hunting with the muzzleloader in there, and looking for her bull tomorrow. Will let you know results.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom