Utah Moose

Silentstalker

Long Time Member
This year I finally drew my moose tag after 26 years. I set out early and often to scout for my hunt. I set a goal to shoot a great bull with my bow. I had some great help from friends and family both scouting and on the hunt.
This morning I was able to seal the deal on this great bull with 2 well placed shots at 20 yards.
My brother elkhunterUT called this bull in and I shot him right in the crease behind his shoulder. He bolted about 30 yards into the scrub oak and stopped. He called him back in again to nearly the same spot and I shot him again! This time he ran about 30 yards and quickly went down.
It was half my lifetime waiting for a tag and over in seconds! Not really tho, I had an amazing summer scouting and 4 solid days on the mountain chasing rutting moose!

Thanks to all those who helped me on this memorable hunt. Here are a few picks from this morning.

73AD3C4B-E999-4233-9397-939E8BFC2877.jpeg

3B5A9573-AF12-416E-BA20-E05A207386EF.jpeg

85533949-2A85-4167-8E91-357788746C82.jpeg

FB8DF1B2-E8EE-4B41-B8AC-E0F2452C78ED.jpeg

This year I finally drew my moose tag after 26 years. I set out early and often to scout for my hunt. I set a goal to shoot a great bull with my bow. I had some great help from friends and family both scouting and on the hunt.
This morning I was able to seal the deal on this great bull with 2 well placed shots at 20 yards.
My brother elkhunterUT called this bull in and I shot him right in the crease behind his shoulder. He bolted about 30 yards into the scrub oak and stopped. He called him back in again to nearly the same spot and I shot him again! This time he ran about 30 yards and quickly went down.
It was half my lifetime waiting for a tag and over in seconds! Not really tho, I had an amazing summer scouting and 4 solid days on the mountain chasing rutting moose!

Thanks to all those who helped me on this memorable hunt. Here are a few picks from this morning.

View attachment 88102

View attachment 88103

View attachment 88104

View attachment 88105
Awesome archery bull! Brings back great memories of my 2008 Archery Bull with help from a great friend! Congrats!!!

That's so so cool! ...and to do it with a sharp stick is the frosting on your trophy-bull-cake!
Well done Mr silentstalker!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom