Utah open for applications

If you’re an avid hunter, you don’t need an email or a forum post to remind you when to apply for tags.
Agreed but a large percentage of people running around with tags in their hands aren't avid hunters and many wouldn't remember to apply on their own. Of course they probably aren't reading this anyway so it's probably moot. I always plan to buy bobcat tags every year but I usually forget until the deadline has passed so feel free to post that one folks. :LOL:

Man...im broke but I put in for Pauns archery deer. 13 pts. I will sell something to make it work if I draw. Good luck to all those that are broke with me.
It won't matter because 13 points ain't enough to draw that tag lol. Point creep is getting ridiculous I mean 19 points to draw an archery tag???

It won't matter because 13 points ain't enough to draw that tag lol. Point creep is getting ridiculous I mean 19 points to draw an archery tag???
Im aware....I think I have a .2% chance. I study TopRut religiously. Not planning on drawing. But thanks for optimism!

I'm at 24 LE deer pts and considering the Pauns archery tag in the near future.

24 deer points for a 180 buck on ANY unit is insane. Think of how many opportunities a guy misses out on in that time waiting for a ‘maybe’ big deer.
I don’t think his goal is just a 180 inch deer!
Please tell us how many other opportunities he’s missed out on for the kind of top end buck that the Pauns can produce.
In fact there are 82 of us non-residents with 24 or more limited entry Utah deer points.
Please tell us what we’ve all done wrong in the past 24 years.
I can bet you that all 82 of us don’t want to settle on a 180 inch deer.
Are we all insane?I don’t think so.
What about the hundreds of guys with 23 and less points?
Are they insane too?
Please tell us what better choices we could have made?
Again for the majority of us our sights aren’t set on just a 180 inch deer. I would say 2O0+ would be more like it.
Also these high point holder guys aren’t just sitting home wasting time waiting to hunt deer in Utah!

I'm at 24 LE deer pts and considering the Pauns archery tag in the near future.
They’ve killed some big ones down there on the archery. I caught a poacher down there a few years back a got my choice of a tag on the unit. I got cocky and picked the archery over the rifle or muzz.
Found some dandy bucks.....180-190, but couldn’t get it done on the hunt. Was a bit tough.
Go give it hell.

I don’t think his goal is just a 180 inch deer!
Please tell us how many other opportunities he’s missed out on for the kind of top end buck that the Pauns can produce.
In fact there are 82 of us non-residents with 24 or more limited entry Utah deer points.
Please tell us what we’ve all done wrong in the past 24 years.
I can bet you that all 82 of us don’t want to settle on a 180 inch deer.
Are we all insane?I don’t think so.
What about the hundreds of guys with 23 and less points?
Are they insane too?
Please tell us what better choices we could have made?
Again for the majority of us our sights aren’t set on just a 180 inch deer. I would say 2O0+ would be more like it.
Also these high point holder guys aren’t just sitting home wasting time waiting to hunt deer in Utah!
Not to mention that there are only a handful of LE units to select from. It’s inevitable that with the limited number of NR tags & the number of guys applying for these same units year after year that overall points will take longer & longer to draw one of those tags.

I just to the Gen buck point and then buy a Leftover buck tag when they come available so I can bow hunt the Wasatch Front.

Last year was a real circle jerk on the DWR to get a tag but all played out finally.

That's why I have 18 Gen deer points

Robb

24 deer points for a 180 buck on ANY unit is insane. Think of how many opportunities a guy misses out on in that time waiting for a ‘maybe’ big deer.
Just because I have 24 LE deer points and 18 general deer points in Utah doesn't mean I've been sitting around and not hunting. I've been burning points as fast as I can and have some great hunts over the last decade or so. I only try to draw a couple of premium tags a year versus trying to draw four or more tags. Reason being is that when I draw a premium tag I put in a lot of time on each hunt. Last year I burned max pts in WY and planned to be there for three weeks, but ended up only being there 10 days. Counter that in 2018 when I burned 15 pts on a CO archery tag. I was on that hunt for 17 days!

Did you miss the ? in my reply?

I don't think point creep is much of a factor with 18 points in General Buck.

I just to the Gen buck point and then buy a Leftover buck tag when they come available so I can bow hunt the Wasatch Front.

Last year was a real circle jerk on the DWR to get a tag but all played out finally.

That's why I have 18 Gen deer points

Robb
Robb
Now when you buy a left over gen Deer tag you lose your gen points! just a heads up for you this year.
Joe

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom