Utah OTC Bull

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
9991image.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

JUDAS!

A Pic Please?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>Patience is a virtue Bessy!
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

And I have None!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I know Exactly where that Tree is!:D

Still waitin HC!

Been up all Damn night waitin!

Haha what horrible torture!

Congrats!

Field Staff Sly Dog
Field Staff Snug Fit
https://www.facebook.com/#!/HornHunterPacks

I've got to comment just so I can get the new post notifications. Can't wait to see where this blood trail leads...

What's that red stuff all over that tree? Is that one of those red-sap quakies?

Whatever it is, way to go HC.
Zeke

Love the suspense! If I am fortunate on my deer hunt next month, I might have to follow suit.

Can't wait to see the end of the blood trail.

You guys act like you've never been to a strip club....this is the same thing but better! :)

Traditional >>>------->

Here's my ugly mug, I was alone so I had to take a selfie of my sh!t eatin grin!
310img_4607.jpg

Here's where he expired
6922img_4612.jpg

8941img_4620.jpg

Another shameless selfie!
3987img_4625.jpg

HEAVY load!
9151img_4636.jpg

6475img_4646.jpg

3487img_4647.jpg

4835img_4648.jpg

HUGE thanks to my bro-in-law for busting his a$$ helping packout!

Traditional >>>------->

So HC?

You didn't ever tell us what the New Bow is?

And do you like it?

Bessy, it's a Prime Alloy. I like it but I don't shoot it as well as my old bow.
It's late so I'll try to get a write up on it tomorrow. It happened pretty quick.

Traditional >>>------->

>Bessy, it's a Prime Alloy. I
>like it but I don't
>shoot it as well as
>my old bow.
>It's late so I'll try to
>get a write up on
>it tomorrow. It happened pretty
>quick.
>
>Traditional >>>------->

It Ain't Late!

It's Early!:D

Cool, You going to post up a story.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Okay, here's the story for all those who might want it. I spent as much time this summer/spring up there as possible. I had knee surgery early in the year (my 5th) so it was touch and go on how hard I could hike and how much weight I could pack. I set some cams on my spots. Every week I'd check them I'd have anywhere from 5k-8k pics mostly elk, some beefers, a few deer, coyotes and a small bull moose. Never had anything real good until a week before the hunt I found a bachelor group of real good bulls.
The first weekend was slow and I only had spurratic days I could get out for a night away. Last week things heated up and bulls got talking early. A few close calls with a 320ish 6x6. I wanted him or this other bull I've been seeing that was a bit bigger.
Wednesday afternoon I left home and headed to camp. I ran up the trail and met my bro in law in our area. It was quiet so we split up. Around 6 a bull started sounding off up higher and a small canyon over. The wind was never right so I let him be the night. While I was making my way make to the trail head I heard a bull bugle ahead. I radioed my bro and told him I was muting him and was gonna move in. The bull was close. I knocked an arrow and crept slowly for the next 10 mins or so. I started seeing some cows ahead and knew he was there somewhere. I ranged the last cow at 80 yards. Then pulled up the bumps to scan the quakies. I heard a twig break to my right...there he was! He had me pegged from behind a pine 40 yards away. We did the stare down for a minor so...he calmed down and started feeding out to my left. I knew he was close enough I didn't need to range him. As soon as he hit the first clean shooting lane I drew and settled my 40 yard pin and let it fly. My arrow punched both lungs and lodged in the back side shoulder. He ran up the hill 60 yards and tipped over. It was over in less than 30 seconds. The other elk in the area never even lifted their heads from feeding. Even though I knew he was down I gave him ten mins.
While I was waiting another bull walked by to check him out. Never got a good look but he was a good one.
My goal before the hunt was to kill one if the big ones I'd seen. Especially cuz i have a Wyoming tag in my pocket too. But let's be honest, I'm not letting too many branch antlered Utah OTC bulls walk.
That's the third bull in three years I've killed. Last year was opening morning an hour after shooting light.
It's bitter sweet...Utah elk is over til next year. The hardest part about this hunt was letting a 200"+ typical and a 170"+ typical Muley walk cuz I don't have an archery tag for the unit.
Again a HUGE thanks to my bro in law for the help cutting and lacking out.

Traditional >>>------->

Congrats! Any branch antler out there is a trophy, especially with a bow. It was nice to meet you the other day. Hope your Wyo hunt goes well. And good luck to your brother in law too.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

>HC congrats, what type and or
>where the camo with optics
>pouch,thnks

KUIU makes the bino harness

Traditional >>>------->

Congratulations! You're a good hunter. What's your cover scent? Deep Blue? Frankincense?:)

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

>Congratulations! You're a good hunter. What's
>your cover scent? Deep Blue?
>Frankincense?:)
>
>Eel
>
>Nobody goes there anymore. It's too
>crowded.
>
>
Ha eel! Don't let my secrets out!

Traditional >>>------->

>Congrtas on making it happen by
>working at it!
>How does your knee feel?
>
Thanks!
The knee feels good, but I've gotta get the other one cleaned up after the season is over.

Traditional >>>------->

With all those elk and deer, it sounds like you got yourself a right sweet Honey Hole..!! :)

Thanks for sharing your success with the rest of us. Keep it up and good luck in Wyoming...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Nice bull HC and I enjoyed the strip tease! You make that camo look good. Maybe you should rep for them :)

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom