utah pheasant hunting??

nvhunter

Since the seasons are over i'm starting to look at pheasant hunts that i could take the boys with me. Utah is close so that would be great. Any of you know of any good places to book a hunt? Doesnt have to be spectacular accomadations, in fact it doesnt really matter if it has any accomadations at all, either way is fine. Guided or unguided either way is fine, thier dogs or not thier dogs is fine also. Just want a good place with lots of birds, and best of all would be somewhere that we would have the place pretty much to ourselves.

Pm sent

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Pheasants in Utah are grey and white and fly higher than the pheasants in So. Dakota.

"....you'll shoot your eye out kid!"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-10 AT 08:03AM (MST)[p]From the looks of your name you live in Nevada. Why don't you just go Chukar hunting? A day hunting wild Chukar is a lot more fun then shooting pen raised pheasants in Utah. I even know some Chukar spots in Nevada if you need some help.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura
chancho sucio.

nickman thats funny right there!

Yes i live in NV, actually right in the heart of great chukar country, and i do hunt them sometimes. Never have developed a great passion to chase them like some people. I grew up in Oregon/Idaho and love to shoot pheasants, plus my boys have not had alot of opportunity to hunt them. Just something a little different thats all, especially for them.

Call western outdoor adventures [435] 680-7910 ask for steve they are right on the utah nevada border just out of modena or check out their website under the same name.

I have lived in Utah all my life and hunted pheasants when the pheasant hunting was good. That being said, i haven't hunted Utah for pheasants in 6 years now. Longer than that if you count public land, wild pheasants. Wild birds in Utah are far and few between. You can hunt all day and come up shy on a limit of 2 roosters. I go to South Dakota or Kansas now. Once you hunt there, it's pretty hard to choke down any other place. I am heading there on Friday for a weekend hunt. We hunt a huge pheasant ranch and they are mostly pen raised birds but you can't tell. They fly like a jet. Last year we had 10 guys and shot just under 600 birds in 3 days. 20-30 bird flushes were a norm. The best in Utah would be some pheasant farms and other than 9 Mile in Nephi and Hats Ranch down by Green River, I'm not sure where to send you.

It's always an adventure!!!

The Lazy JW ranch. My friend Craig lives in Ephraim and is the co owner. They can run dogs, guide or let you do it yourself. They can hook you up with accom. if you want or you can do it yourself(willow creek inn in ephraim is pretty good). For something special talk him into having his dad whip you up some mutton and sourdough(thats hunting food). They are an up and coming ranch so they go the extra mile for their clients. CHeck out their website.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-11 AT 06:43AM (MST)[p]I have several English Pointers. They can be seen In action in some pics I put up in the outdoor section.

my favorite dogs to hunt over Shummy!! I have 2 myself. I have had a total of 8 pointers and loved every one of them.

It's always an adventure!!!

Hatts Ranch down by Green River is a pretty sweet place. My uncle used to raise pheasants and chukars for them. The Hatts are some really nice people and you are sure to have a good time if you go there. You can take your own dogs if you would like but they also have really good dogs you can use if you want. I know they used to have reeves pheasants but I don't know if they do anymore. They are an amazingly beautiful bird.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom