Utah raises NR fees, a ton!

OUCH!!!! $2,200 for a bighorn. I would gladly pay it if I drew the tag, but that is crazy!

I am from Utah and this is BS. Hunting shouldn't price out the hardworking middle class guy. I can see paying more than a resident, but this is ridiculous. I agree with Hossblur, it is too bad the western states could not get together and charge similar prices per species, and come with a plan for what percentage of tags non-residents get. Whether it is 90-10 or 80-20, whatever they chose but be consistent across states. It sucks when a guy gets 10-15 bonus points that they have paid over $1,000 for, and then they raise the price of the tag to the point you can not apply any more. How did they push this increase through? I never heard about it until last night on go hunt.

I think its awesome. Jack them up some more. They are leaving a lot of money on the table and they are finally figuring that out.

Welcome to the real world guys. Those critters are worth a hellavu lot more than we have been paying for them.

Real world? What do you know about the real world! Y'all are used to paying extortionate amounts to hunt.

Real world? What do you know about the real world! Y'all are used to paying extortionate amounts to hunt.

;)

Like I said. Welcome to the real world. The great thing about this is hunters have increased their weight in wildlife decisions in your state even more. The more money our industry brings to the table the more say we get on management of the animals and the less say the antis get.

Pretty sneaky to wait until after applications so you NR guys couldn't burn points this year.

Sure be nice if the mtn state's could get together a compact to hold prices for NR from other mtn states.
I don't see how this is sneaky, what should they give a two year notice!
I agree these states are pricing out the blue collar hunter.

Guess a lot of hunters will be getting priced out.
Sad to see it happening. That 30% jump is fricking outrages.
Need to burn those 21 points next year I guess.

Yep, we get screwed as a Resident Or NR. Mostly due to Out of state hunters being able to come in and Overpay for all the private at will and then head Back home and enjoy their Local Cheap Draw on Public. I'm Not Mad at Ya. Just Wish we had the Option

Guys I am far from rich and if I ever draw one of those tags I will be able to pay it no problem. Does that mean maybe I have to cut back on some whiskey or some other trip? Probably.

If you think the difference between you and the "rich" guys is a $130 difference on a deer tag I can't help you.

I can go scrounge up $130 dollars in the next half hour if I have to.

UT archery bull means ES so you can shoot a cow. But not for $600. I can buy a landowner cow tag, ranch only, in NM for $500 and it's a guarantee filled tag. UT, only about 15% on public ground.

Has more to do with economics and the value of cost vs reward than scrounging up an additional $130. Besides, that $130 will pay for your fuel to go hunt...

Roadrunner,

I got no problem if you find better deals for yourself in other states. That's actually how this system is supposed to work. If you can get a better deal on a cow elk tag somewhere else, And you think it is a better product, I encourage you to spend your money there.

My comment about $130 difference was for Gator's post.

I don't see how this is sneaky, what should they give a two year notice!
I agree these states are pricing out the blue collar hunter.

Legislative session ended during app season.

Change time ended.

I doubt huge points totals would change, but guys teetering on taking a lower tier tag or holding out, might of decided to end it and take middle tier.

Im A nr in 49 other states. I get the pinch they are putting on dudes

I'm guess Tristate is buying my license increase so I only have to pay for the extra $$ for my tag if I draw and maybe he will chip the extra $$$$ for any of the point fees for collect points for other species Elk, moose, Buffalo, Etc.
Here's your sign.

So sorry that you are so great and wonderful.
I can tell you don't have several kids that you need to buy tags for.
So maybe you can start a fund that will help the non Rich hunter's with Kids get tags for those with kids.
Here's your sign

Actually I have 3 kids I buy tags for. I took one turkey hunting last weekend. I took two deer hunting this year. Quit your crying.

Here's your sign.

So you are saying you are rich.
My dad use to tell me never argue with a idiot, because they will drag ya down to their level and beat ya with Experience.
I guess he was talking about you then. LOL

Have fun at the roller skating rink boy. Sorry your kids don't get to hunt anymore. To bad you gave up providing for them. To bad your dad didn't tell you to work a little harder .

Missing the point Tri. $500 total for a bowhint in UT is worth it. $700, no.

In case you're wondering, you have to add in the general hunting license as well...

Legislative session ended during app season.

Change time ended.

I doubt huge points totals would change, but guys teetering on taking a lower tier tag or holding out, might of decided to end it and take middle tier.

Im A nr in 49 other states. I get the pinch they are putting on dudes
What is the difference if they raise the price now or next January it is still only affecting the up coming license purchase. Which for limited entry is next February/ March. I think raising now is better for out of state hunters, now they got 9 to 10 months to decide how to use there points.
Hoss you really need to get this chip off your shoulder against everything the Government or the Government entities are doing. Everything is not a conspiracy.

I'm not for increases across the board either but see this as Utah evening up the playing field. When was the last time Utah had a price increase? Pretty sure equipment and supplies for projects haven't got any cheaper.

"Missing the point Tri. $500 total for a bowhint in UT is worth it. $700, no."

Actually i'm not. If you don't think its worth it then don't spend the money. Go somewhere else or go hunt something else.

"In case you're wondering, you have to add in the general hunting license as well..."

Well that $13 is just a deal breaker then. :LOL: Most kids can dig up $13.

"Tri showing his "kings deer" mentality. "

Tri is showing his business mentality. You are showing your welfare mentality. Sakes alive you have to start paying for your gubmint cheese. Lawdy!

I live in Idaho, I realize that Idaho is cheaper than most as well, and we give out a lot of non-resident tags. But, I am still not a fan of pricing it out for the non-residents. I realize that 54% of the fish and game finances come from non-residents. And I like to see hunting survive.

"Tri is showing his business mentality. You are showing your welfare mentality. Sakes alive you have to start paying for your gubmint cheese. Lawdy!"

I own several businesses. And put myself and my daughter in for most other states and can/will afford it. I still know the difference between "we the people" and "tri's fiefdom".

" I still know the difference between "we the people" and "tri's fiefdom"."

AND $13 is the difference between "we the people" and "tri's fiefdom"??????????????? :LOL:

You have officials all over the place wiping their butts with your constitutional rights and the battle you choose to make your liberty stand is a few bucks towards a hunting license?????????????? Either you have some really twisted priorities or you just don't think before you type. Hell at the rate the Fed is printing money $13 was about $8 a week ago. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Look guys I don't have a problem with you if you say you wish they hadn't done this and you wish the tags were cheaper. But this horse spit idea of you can't afford it now, and they are pricing people out of the game, is melodrama.

Wouldn’t it be funny to find out hoss and tri are really just two buddies who set these b!-(/ fests up with each other? I swear every time I get in this site there’s some dumb post by hossblr then some dumb reply by tristate. And then all the same bad actors jump on board.
Founder you need to revamp your site to get most the jokers out of here!

I heard the Resident increases are coming next year from a really good source and the increases are similar.

"He is bored since there isn’t any poachers to stand up for, wasn’t long ago he was telling people to go hunt, wether or not it was hunting season "

Go hunt. Right now. JakeH just posted a great thread where he went antelope hunting last week. He has the right idea. Quit your wamby pamby crying and go hunt. Guess who is going hunting this weekend? ME. Go hunt fellas.

What is the difference if they raise the price now or next January it is still only affecting the up coming license purchase. Which for limited entry is next February/ March. I think raising now is better for out of state hunters, now they got 9 to 10 months to decide how to use there points.
Hoss you really need to get this chip off your shoulder against everything the Government or the Government entities are doing. Everything is not a conspiracy.

And perhaps you need to realize everything government does isn't in your best interest.

Doesn't affect me at all. I didn't say it was a conspiracy. But if you dont think accountants run numbers for everything, I dont know what to tell you. They didnt raise a set % across the board. Which tells you they looked at the tags most put in for, raised those prices more.

Not a conspiracy. Just revenue producing

Sucks. I fill for you non residents. I know. I put in for me and my family in several states as non resident and it keeps changing and costing more.

As far as the change and timing. I never heard of the proposal, but the timing is with the yearly legislative session just ending and when the governor signs all passed bills.

Wouldn’t it be funny to find out hoss and tri are really just two buddies who set these b!-(/ fests up with each other? I swear every time I get in this site there’s some dumb post by hossblr then some dumb reply by tristate. And then all the same bad actors jump on board.
Founder you need to revamp your site to get most the jokers out of here!

I'm a Utah resident. Didn't hurt me at all.

There is a button next to my name "ignore". Push it. I did on tri months ago, so I have zero clue what you and the rolling slaughterhouse on wheels arguing about.

Last edited:
Sucks. I fill for you non residents. I know. I put in for me and my family in several states as non resident and it keeps changing and costing more.

As far as the change and timing. I never heard of the proposal, but the timing is with the yearly legislative session just ending and when the governor signs all passed bills.

I dont remember seeing any of this in the RACS or WB. Im doing reading with my sin for at home school, we are reading gohunt articles for reading. Saw it this morning.

I

I hunted Utah for years. loved the spike hunt. looks like i will no longer be hunting Utah and now that i don't hunt Utah, i think we should sell all their public lands. I got no use for them now.
I hunted Utah for years. loved the spike hunt. looks like i will no longer be hunting Utah and now that i don't hunt Utah, i think we should sell all their public lands. I got no use for them now.You ain’t got be mean about it, pert near all em states down er be raisin prices on em huntin purmits
Tr

I hunted Utah for years. loved the spike hunt. looks like i will no longer be hunting Utah and now that i don't hunt Utah, i think we should sell all their public lands. I got no use for them now.

That is the danger in this as I see it. Pretty tough to ask a non public land guy to give a chit about public land when he gets the crap charged out of him.

I see a couple people mention hunter recruitment as a reason for keeping prices lower and more hunters means more pro hunting votes. As hunters we are greatly out numbered by non-hunters. If it comes to a straight up vote we will lose our rights.

License and tag fees have given the animals we hunt a monetary value. If they could get the non hunters to pay the same amount towards conservation that we do our rights to hunt would be in jeopardy.

In economic hard times, less tags are sold. what will tag numbers look like this year? will the increase deter people from traveling to Utah ( i will not be traveling). It will be interested to see if this is a boom or bust for the department.

Had 4 old guys from California come stay for five days at my place for the late cow elk hunt last year.

They were all in their 70s. They were there just for the meat. They were hunting DIY on public land. They all filled their tag.

When all was said and done they did their calculations, and said the meat they harvested came out to about $18.00 per pound.

They were some tuff old guys who have been meat hunting all over the place for years.

They said from here on out because of their age and the cost they were just going to start buying game meat from now on.

Tags have already been sold for this year except for Antlerless.
If the unemployment hits even close to 30% like some are predicting It could be interesting next year.
Hunters might have to decide what is most important.

1000 bucks for a cow moose tag???? Geezus. I think they priced me out of that and the once in a lifetime stuff. But then again might make the odds go down a tad

I will only hunt in Utah when I get picked for a limited entry elk and deer. Those will be OIL tags for me. Utah realizes this and knows we will pay handsomely for those tags. When I retire, I might even go shoot a doe or cow over there. At least they give us a break on that. A doe tag in Colorado costs $401! Which is why they don’t sell any to NRs

"Missing the point Tri. $500 total for a bowhint in UT is worth it. $700, no."

Actually i'm not. If you don't think its worth it then don't spend the money. Go somewhere else or go hunt something else.

"In case you're wondering, you have to add in the general hunting license as well..."

Well that $13 is just a deal breaker then. :LOL: Most kids can dig up $13.

"Tri showing his "kings deer" mentality. "

Tri is showing his business mentality. You are showing your welfare mentality. Sakes alive you have to start paying for your gubmint cheese. Lawdy!

It's more than $13, hand, for a NR game hunting license...

As a resident I say it's about damn time. Utah has been one of the cheapest Western NR states to hunt and fish for some time.

The biggest issue, is UT doesn't really have anything worth spending those kinds of dollars on for general season buck and bull tags. Think someone already pointed that out for the price of a two point buck.

Some of the LE and OIL tags, barely. But not general season...

" I still know the difference between "we the people" and "tri's fiefdom"."

AND $13 is the difference between "we the people" and "tri's fiefdom"??????????????? :LOL:

You have officials all over the place wiping their butts with your constitutional rights and the battle you choose to make your liberty stand is a few bucks towards a hunting license?????????????? Either you have some really twisted priorities or you just don't think before you type. Hell at the rate the Fed is printing money $13 was about $8 a week ago. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Look guys I don't have a problem with you if you say you wish they hadn't done this and you wish the tags were cheaper. But this horse spit idea of you can't afford it now, and they are pricing people out of the game, is melodrama.

I guess you are a bird hunter, have math problems, or reading problems. You're as slippery as sleepy Joe the groper. $13 increase is for the hunting license, deer tag (I like to hunt big game) is going up to $130, and elk $200.

I guess you are going to decide who can or can't afford to hunt. One more step towards taxing the peasants.

"He is bored since there isn’t any poachers to stand up for, wasn’t long ago he was telling people to go hunt, wether or not it was hunting season "

Go hunt. Right now. JakeH just posted a great thread where he went antelope hunting last week. He has the right idea. Quit your wamby pamby crying and go hunt. Guess who is going hunting this weekend? ME. Go hunt fellas.

Antelope hunting in April? Now I know you have a reading problem.

Haha. All I see is a box that says, "You are ignoring content by this member" followed by people arguing themselves in circles.

It's so liberating to not have to read that stuff. Love this new format!!!

Haha. All I see is a box that says, "You are ignoring content by this member" followed by people arguing themselves in circles.

It's so liberating to not have to read that stuff. Love this new format!!!

Best advice you've ever given me was to follow your lead?

Obviously I am a non-resident. Nothing I can do about the increase. Some people are saying the price structure is not worth it but they will continue to sell all their tags, they are worth what people will pay for them. The government has no responsibility to keep hunting cheap for the 'working man'. The more money they generate from non-resident hunters the harder it will be for them to reduce non-resident tag numbers. I wish they would raise the price of the tags to the point where it made financial sense to put all the auction tags back into the drawing. They have a responsibility to generate funds to help pay the costs associated with owning land, managing wildlife, improving habitat, limiting poaching, etc. Every year the number of people trying to buy a limited amount of tags increases - frankly I would raise the price too. I believe they should increase the fees for residents and non-residents in my home state. I just bought my 2020 combo hunting-fishing license for the year for $55 so I can take my daughter turkey hunting tomorrow. There are 'hunters' here that will spend that much putting stickers in their back windows or beer for the weekend. I guess I do not mind paying for things like this because it helps support something I am very passionate about - wildlife conservation. I pay $2 for a landowner deer tag in Iowa which is stupid. By the time non-residents buy points, the annual hunting license the year they hunt, and the deer tag I suspect they are contributing $600 and they should be willing to do their part. I do not think are paying too much, resident are paying too little. Why spend thousands on guns, thousands on optics, thousands on clothes, even more on trucks, hunting leases, tents, campers, back packs, ATVs, bows, etc. and complain about the cost to help build the habitat for the wildlife - not to mention containing poaching. That should be our highest priority and cut back on the other spending if you need to so you can improve conservation efforts.

I would pay $400 to hunt deer in some states, but not in twp-point = trophy buck Utah, Resident prices are bad enough for the quality of hunts offered.

I'm not complaining but one thing I'm surprised Utah hasn't changed is having a hunting license that is valid for 365 days. It is nice getting to skip buying one every other year. I applied in Nevada as a non-resident this year and had to fork out $155 for a license. NR fee of $72 for a license every other year could be a lot worse. Still any increase does suck.

I would pay $400 to hunt deer in some states, but not in twp-point = trophy buck Utah, Resident prices are bad enough for the quality of hunts offered.
The reason there is only 2 points to shoot is because you guys keep shooting 2 points.

Utah is now more inline with the other states as far as pricing. All you guys not willing to come and hunt will be replaced by someone who is.

It’s sad to me that we’ve come to this point. Why in the world should a deer tag or any game animal cost so much? Why should any state have the attitude that “it’s what the market can afford”. Why can’t hunting be affordable to everyone? Just because they can still sell all the tags doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. I truly believe we’ve lost what hunting used to be and should be. Getting out with family and friends to enjoy God’s creation and the friendship of being together around camp and in the field. If our states would see the value of hunting as time together and be willing to fund the costs of management with the general fund and not just tag fees, then why not sell a tag for fifty bucks. I’ve yet to see where it made any difference as far as the anti hunting crowd chipping away at our hunting rights because hunters fund all or the majority of conservation. They don’t care, and here in CA. they have been on a roll. In fact I have yet to see in 48 years of hunting in CA, Utah, Idaho and WY. even one project funded by hunters to improve animal numbers while out in the field. Unless the few BLM guzzlers were? I know some states are starting to put up highway over crossings and I read about WY. doing migration studies. All good, but those have been recent projects. Why shouldn’t I be seeing lots of other projects over the years like habitat improvement? Or reading about all the western states sponsoring predator control over the years? Only recently heard of that in Utah. Good for them. Am I always hunting the wrong areas? Do the majority of you see lots of habitat improvement projects or predator control projects in your states? Honest question. I hear that MDF or RMEF or other foundations do projects, but do the states help with funding those? Another Honest question.

It’s sad to me that we’ve come to this point. Why in the world should a deer tag or any game animal cost so much? Why should any state have the attitude that “it’s what the market can afford”. Why can’t hunting be affordable to everyone? Just because they can still sell all the tags doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. I truly believe we’ve lost what hunting used to be and should be. Getting out with family and friends to enjoy God’s creation and the friendship of being together around camp and in the field. If our states would see the value of hunting as time together and be willing to fund the costs of management with the general fund and not just tag fees, then why not sell a tag for fifty bucks. I’ve yet to see where it made any difference as far as the anti hunting crowd chipping away at our hunting rights because hunters fund all or the majority of conservation. They don’t care, and here in CA. they have been on a roll. In fact I have yet to see in 48 years of hunting in CA, Utah, Idaho and WY. even one project funded by hunters to improve animal numbers while out in the field. Unless the few BLM guzzlers were? I know some states are starting to put up highway over crossings and I read about WY. doing migration studies. All good, but those have been recent projects. Why shouldn’t I be seeing lots of other projects over the years like habitat improvement? Or reading about all the western states sponsoring predator control over the years? Only recently heard of that in Utah. Good for them. Am I always hunting the wrong areas? Do the majority of you see lots of habitat improvement projects or predator control projects in your states? Honest question. I hear that MDF or RMEF or other foundations do projects, but do the states help with funding those? Another Honest question.

Utah has done a ton of habitat projects all over the state, as well as fencing of highways, and over/under passes. I know of thousands of acres of land that have been improved over the last 15 years here in my part of the state.

Utah has done a ton of habitat projects all over the state, as well as fencing of highways, and over/under passes. I know of thousands of acres of land that have been improved over the last 15 years here in my part of the state.
I agree I have also seen a lot of projects recently in Utah, that fencing in southern Utah has saved thousands of deer for us to hunt instead of getting turned into dog food

The biggest issue, is UT doesn't really have anything worth spending those kinds of dollars on for general season buck and bull tags. Think someone already pointed that out for the price of a two point buck.

Some of the LE and OIL tags, barely. But not general season...

But you'd spend $130 less to come hunt the same two point? The same 3 season elk tag?

It is disconcerting to see people smugly encouraging outrageous percentage increases in NR licences and constantly cloak it in some sort of states’ rights kind of language. I have said it before, we are all nonresidents of 49 states. And saying they will still sell all their tags is meaningless. Any economics student can talk about cost equilibrium curves and yes, they could probably raise them more still and continue to sell all tags. But beware the inflection point. Furthermore, is this what we want? When there are 100 tags at stratospheric prices and we are happy that only 100 rich people want them? If that’s the case, why not just sell a single million dollar lottery ticket for $1000000. A winner every time......

Just closer to the end of hunting. The more it costs, the fewer people go hunting. Then a bill will come up for a vote and not enough people care about hunting and hunting will be illegal or severely changed. If you don't belief it, look at wolf reintroduction. The majority of people don't hunt and would rather believe they are saving wildlife by banning hunting. And yes, cost makes a difference. When I could by a general tag for my boys that don't really love it, but might come for a weekend, I did that, but now that you have to have 2-4 points I don't buy points or licenses for them anymore. It's not worth it for me. Sad, I wish they loved hunting, but they don't and it costs too much if they don't love it, at least for me.

FWIW, The last time Utah raised the prices for resident and non resident permits was in 2005 and that was about the same percentages as they are now raising them. Prior to that, there was a bit of a bump on nonresident prices for deer, elk and antelope in 1993, but the nonresident OIL tags were about $1010 since at least 1989 before the raise in 2005.

I'd say we were about due!

Nothing new. Everyone seems to be doing it to NRs. Bummer, but it seems to be the new normal.

I can’t imagine this is a huge new chunk of revenue. It’s not like they give out a lot of NR licenses anyway.

I gave up waisting money on Utah a couple years ago. Way too many idiots shooting every rag head they see has ruined it. No offense to the guys that do it right , but those are few and far between. The price increase is definitely NOT worth it on the general areas. Pretty tough to even enjoy your hunt now days which is sad. Utah could be a great place to hunt but they have a LOT of fixing to do first !

UT is now the same as CO for general archery elk. The difference is, you have several units and opportunities in CO for a branch antlered bull on both sides instead of one only and a "spike" on the other and in only a few heavily hunted areas.

So, if UT wants to play with the big boys, step it up a little and offer more than you do...

FWIW, The last time Utah raised the prices for resident and non resident permits was in 2005 and that was about the same percentages as they are now raising them. Prior to that, there was a bit of a bump on nonresident prices for deer, elk and antelope in 1993, but the nonresident OIL tags were about $1010 since at least 1989 before the raise in 2005.

I'd say we were about due!

I wouldn't even argue that. I've never understood why tags weren't tied to rate of inflation, or a % increase.

I have NR family that own houses here and land. I sent them both the new fee schedule. They both laughed at it. Including the "didn't Utah just come out and say their herd is sucking" text back from one.

If you want outside money, which Utah clearly wants, 50% jumps don't help that. Especially if those NR have kids. In my family members case thats $500 more next year to buy GS tags for he and his boys.

;)

Like I said. Welcome to the real world. The great thing about this is hunters have increased their weight in wildlife decisions in your state even more. The more money our industry brings to the table the more say we get on management of the animals and the less say the antis get.
Not sure where you’re getting your information from about politics or finance.

Agree with what Hoss just said. An increase wouldn’t have bothered me. It’s the amount that makes it seem like a $$$ grab. Why soo much for some compared to others? No consistency. I strongly agree with most comments about the general tags. 10 of my family members drew archery deer tags from Nevada last year. Nine mile unit. Hunted it off and on for years. We seen 5 bucks on public property in 8 days. Luckily my 13 year old harvested one of them. Worst hunt I’ve ever been on as far as deer numbers. Not worth what I paid at the current rate. This increase will put a halt for certain hunts and certain people.

Hey guys. If the tags ain't worth the price then they won't get sold and the state will have to adjust accordingly. That's how this works.

Time to quit expecting welfare pricing.

Really, what do yall think happens when the government starts printing money for millions to sit on their asses in fear and not work and calling it "stimulus "????

Yes. Welfare prices. The big game in your state is worth way more than you are paying for it.

Well it was up until the economic crash.?

Alright let's cut the crap. Honest question. When was the last time they raised prices on NR tags and licenses in Utah?

Like I said, I totally agree it was time for an increase. It’s like everything else, right? I agree with the timing. My question to you is why soo much increase on some and not others. I don’t mind paying a bit more for the limited entry or OIL tags. Most, if not all of these limited entry tags are OIL tags for us Nonresidents anyways. So, I will still saddle up. I just don’t understand some of the increase justification. One more question while we are talking about Utah and not my State as you had mentioned. Why just the Nonresidents? Does that seem right? Just asking?

It’s sad when a guy has to save enough money and vacation time over the course of a year just to afford to drive 10+ hours to camp in the middle of the mountains for a week and have a 50/50 chance at killing one animal that could potentially feed his family for a month or two. Our country was founded on the principles of hunting game and gathering bounties of the land to take care of ourselves. I know it’s not that simple now, but we are certainly not gaining ground on herd numbers, trophy potential, or public land access with price increases of tags and licenses. Costs of hunting have skyrocketed in the last 30 years across the west and quality of western hunting as a whole has gotten worse I believe most folks negative reactions to the price increases are accumulated by the lack of access to quality hunting and the overall cost of the tags and licenses. Example: father and son nonresidents want to hunt Utah general deer in a decent general zone. The better general units in Utah right now take about 4 nonresident points to draw a simple rifle tag. So four years of points purchasing. That means 3 hunting license purchase during that time for both father and son. Approximately $475. Also they must purchase the four preference points they each need during those 4 years. Approximately $120. Then they finally draw on the 5th year and have to pay for tags Approximately $800. Sooooo... after having to wait 5 years, the now almost adult son and his father are into the Utah general deer hunt for $1400 and they haven’t even started packing up the truck yet. So that’s why any fee increase at this point is a tough pill to swallow. By the way, that 4 point scenario on the general tag is based on the hope that point creep doesn’t catch ya!?

Yes. Welfare prices. The big game in your state is worth way more than you are paying for it.

Well it was up until the economic crash.?

It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. Being in a luxury item related business, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

So now that everyone's psyche has been negatively affected by this stupid virus and most people's lives have changed through no fault of their own, at a time when pricing may very well need to be reconfigured, UT bumps up their price to "catch up" from past years (it sounds like).

Bad timing...

Last edited:
I dont have a problem with the increase on LE and OIL, and honestly they could probably raise them more. But really there arent many of those tags for nonresidents so not sure how much of a funding difference it makes. I think General tags going up is going to hurt Utah in the long run, as that impacts families and groups, eventually it will impact hunter recruitment.

It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. Being in a luxury item related business, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
It’s not a car or a house. It’s not owned by private entities. It’s a food source on PUBLIC LAND that is being sold by state government. State government works for the people. Allegedly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom