Utah Shed Hunting Closed!

Jake you might have everyone else fooled on here but you sure the hell can’t fool me. I finally figured out who you are and I know who you run with.
Nothing would surprise me at this point. So go ahead and explain to all of us what happened in Colorado not once but twice. Now I know why you hate the shed season in Colorado.
It does make it kinda hard when you’re being watched.
That would totally explain why you don’t want the shed season date implemented in utah.

SS! This is me calling out his BS.

Jake you might have everyone else fooled on here but you sure the hell can’t fool me. I finally figured out who you are and I know who you run with.
Nothing would surprise me at this point. So go ahead and explain to all of us what happened in Colorado not once but twice. Now I know why you hate the shed season in Colorado.
It does make it kinda hard when you’re being watched.
That would totally explain why you don’t want the shed season date implemented in utah.

SS! This is me calling out his BS.
@JakeH is a pretty open book so let’s hear his side? @Elkrunning-Scared do you have anything to back up those claims with?

@JakeH is a pretty open book so let’s hear his side? @Elkrunning-Scared do you have anything to back up those claims with?
This all make total sense on why you and a lot of other people don’t want shed hunting season dates.
People will be limited on what they can get away with out in the field with a ton of people running around. (It has nothing to do with pressure on the animals) by may they will have better fat content and will be far better off then in February or march.Just saying.
I’m with Slam on this and Elkslayer there needs to be season dates on shed season period
It keeps people more honest, yes you still have those guys doing shady **** and they probably won’t ever get caught but I do believe in karma it will catch up to them eventually.

This all make total sense on why you and a lot of other people don’t want shed hunting season dates.
People will be limited on what they can get away with out in the field with a ton of people running around. (It has nothing to do with pressure on the animals) by may they will have better fat content and will be far better off then in February or march.Just saying.
I’m with Slam on this and Elkslayer there needs to be season dates on shed season period
It keeps people more honest, yes you still have those guys doing shady **** and they probably won’t ever get caught but I do believe in karma it will catch up to them eventually.
Sooo the answer is no you do not have evidence.

Well if you’re going to make accusations back it up. A utard with a wildlife related violation is more the norm than not. So post what you know….
This is old news. But he comes on here and try’s telling Slam all this BS and then try’s calling someone else out. I know how he finds his sheds and I know how he does it.
Let me ask you something why would he PM me?
Apparently he had plenty of time too do that.
Why wouldn’t he just call me out on here. In front of everyone

I’m done with this conversation especially with you.

This is old news. But he comes on here and try’s telling Slam all this BS and then try’s calling someone else out. I know how he finds his sheds and I know how he does it.
Let me ask you something why would he PM me?
Apparently he had plenty of time too do that.
Why wouldn’t he just call me out on here. In front of everyone

I’m done with this conversation especially with you.
do tell. PM is fine. What are you afraid of?

Have you ever dealt with injury or loss from wildlife ? If you had - you would look at the issue differently.
8 dead elk to date at the mouth of parleys. Hmmm…
Could have a few archery or any weapon depredation tags helped prevent this ?

Depredation tags are separate than late season cow tags and are needed.

Do you even know what a depredation tag is ?
Whats your answer on how to manage the current issue ? Please post.
I’m sure the golf course at the bottom of sugar house would love the idea of that and every granola on the east bench would flip. I get what you’re saying about all the dead elk. I’ve been to Sanpete, the basin, southern Utah and just about everywhere in between it’s definitely bad this year. All we can do is hope for the best at this point.

I’m sure the golf course at the bottom of sugar house would love the idea of that and every granola on the east bench would flip. I get what you’re saying about all the dead elk. I’ve been to Sanpete, the basin, southern Utah and just about everywhere in between it’s definitely bad this year. All we can do is hope for the best at this point.
It’s a hard win for the animals/peoples property/hunters/DWR. The animals will loose every time and so will future hunting opportunities.

Property owners won’t allow hunting but complain of damage to property and want the animals removed.

DWR attempts to work w property owners to get permission for hunts - and receives no go,s.

County/city ordinances won’t allow weapons and consider archery equipment a dangerous weapon.

DWR has 48 hours to resolve the issue- if not the property owner can sue and win a claim against DWR.

DWR enforcement has the right to discharge weapons on private property for problem animals.

DWR shoots the animals and comes under the scrutiny of everyone. DWR doesn’t have a choice……
I’ve seen a whole herd of deer shot in fields in SanPete county and a big herd of 30 plus elk shot in emigration several years back when the above conditions existed.

But does DWR have a choice ???
DWR could issue less late cow elk tags that go into January. And then issue “some” depredation tags with some good communication to the hunters of what the goal is. And issue them when they are needed. The goal should be to keep these animals out of city limits and off the roads.

DWR will not feed these animals as an option for years like this- and this needs to be addressed again.

Btw - I’m a hunter that doesn’t always fill a tag but could every year if I wanted to. I have only seen elk numbers decline and have been against all the 2 cow elk control tags allowed for every bull permit in the any bull units. I’m also 100% against the new elk plan for unlimited tags in the any bull units. With a likely high winter kill - and a plan that won’t address elk numbers until 2026- I don’t have much faith in the current plan.

Depredation tags have their place and need to be used wisely. Parleys canyon could use a few depredation tags right now or next week when it’s snows another 12”.
A few harvested elk might make a difference on keeping these animals off the interstate.
I welcome any comments on how to do this the right way.

There is no "right" way. Get over it.
The optics of hunting those elk after all the publicity is horrible.

Let the vehicle collisions take them out. Maybe with enough publicity people will slow down (doubtful). But they are not taking opportunity away.

The extended elk hunt didn't create the problem and won't magically fix it.

But hunting them now after all the publicity is nothing but a PR nightmare.

There is no "right" way. Get over it.
The optics of hunting those elk after all the publicity is horrible.

Let the vehicle collisions take them out. Maybe with enough publicity people will slow down (doubtful). But they are not taking opportunity away.

The extended elk hunt didn't create the problem and won't magically fix it.

But hunting them now after all the publicity is nothing but a PR nightmare.
Are you for real ?
I have hope that there could be a right way.
It won’t be easy. Letting vehicle collisions taking them out isn’t the answer. Dead elk from vehicle collisions and more importantly -injured people -will take opportunity away. When enforcement shoots the whole herd -you’ll eat those words.
You need to get over yourself before you tell others to get over it.
Or in other words - get with it !

I’m going to challenge you to (get with it) come up with a plan to manage elk under the current circumstances in parleys canyon.
Please share. No one else has. So please -take the stage !

You hunting them year around in the mouth of Parley's might just be the magic pill.

Chasing them when they are already stressed is not saving them.

I've got an idea, how about speed bumps on I80, I215 and Foothill Dr? That should bother anybody. Keeps all those drivers with their head up their ass from plowing into the precious elk.

So I just wanted to see if I have this correct. You’re allowed to disturb wintering deer and elk by:
Driving on roads
Coyote hunting
Rabbit hunting
Setting up trail cams (legal time of the year)
Snow shoeing
Cross country skiing
Hiking
Or just by being on the winter range in general

But, you’re not allowed to disturb deer/elk by:
Attempting to locate
Locating
Looking at
Bending over and to pick up /moving a shed

I totally get the sentiment or reason for the shut down, especially this year and bad winters but I don’t think this works unless they completely shut down the winter ranges for everyone I’m not even sure how that is possible or technically legal
Do you not realize the department doesn’t have the authority to shut down anything unless it pertains to wildlife? The DWR can’t close down roads and hiking on federally managed lands.

Do you not realize the department doesn’t have the authority to shut down anything unless it pertains to wildlife? The DWR can’t close down roads and hiking on federally managed lands.
Yeah I do. Did you read the last part of my post? This is the point I’ve been trying make and why this “shed hunting closure” will never work.

It only "doesn't work" when people who are against it don't help it work.
I’m not against the idea of it, and like I’ve said before, its probably necessary this year and bad winters but it’s how they’ve gone about it. They basically say you can be out there but you can’t locate/mark or bend over and pick up an antler. It’s not keeping people off the winter ranges which is the whole point of the closure isn’t it?
That’s why I say it’s not working.

It only "doesn't work" when people who are against it don't help it work.
Wtf you talking about. 99.99% of people don’t even know what shed hunting is. And the UTDWR can only restrict hunters not the other 99% of people.

You’re clueless.

So let me explain.

A few years ago I moved from the basin out to SLC to get away from the drama-Rumor Mill.
I always have been the type of person of finding out the truth before I say anything. But apparently I have forgotten that.
Me and Jake have Been private messaging back and forth.

Well Jake has a target on his back out there, I don't know why or how come but that's for him to fix.

That said my proof that I had isn't valid and definitely not worthy on calling someone out on here.
So I want to apologize to Jake and everyone on here. I'm new on here and if you guys don't want to forgive me I get it lesson learned on my part.
Like I said in another post Karma will bit you in the butt every time and it sure has now with me.

I’m not against the idea of it, and like I’ve said before, its probably necessary this year and bad winters but it’s how they’ve gone about it. They basically say you can be out there but you can’t locate/mark or bend over and pick up an antler. It’s not keeping people off the winter ranges which is the whole point of the closure isn’t it?
That’s why I say it’s not working.
I understand why you are trying to lump everyone and every outdoor activity into one group, but that's not a reality.

As I stated earlier, people aren't traveling around to numerous winter ranges simply to walk dogs, cross country ski, snowmobile, etc etc, but those things do take place in urban areas, yes.
People going out to Vernon, Oak Creek, etc, etc and other rural areas are shed hunting.

These struggling elk that have been all over the news coming down into neighborhoods WERE getting harrased by hopeful shed hunters and that was one of the major reasons for the closure.

People are careless and stupid, period.

I understand why you are trying to lump everyone and every outdoor activity into one group, but that's not a reality.

As I stated earlier, people aren't traveling around to numerous winter ranges simply to walk dogs, cross country ski, snowmobile, etc etc, but those things do take place in urban areas, yes.
People going out to Vernon, Oak Creek, etc, etc and other rural areas are shed hunting.

These struggling elk that have been all over the news coming down into neighborhoods WERE getting harrased by hopeful shed hunters and that was one of the major reasons for the closure.

BS.

So let me explain.

A few years ago I moved from the basin out to SLC to get away from the drama-Rumor Mill.
I always have been the type of person of finding out the truth before I say anything. But apparently I have forgotten that.
Me and Jake have Been private messaging back and forth.

Well Jake has a target on his back out there, I don't know why or how come but that's for him to fix.

That said my proof that I had isn't valid and definitely not worthy on calling someone out on here.
So I want to apologize to Jake and everyone on here. I'm new on here and if you guys don't want to forgive me I get it lesson learned on my part.
Like I said in another post Karma will bit you in the butt every time and it sure has now with me.
Thank you ER-S, stand up move to come on and apologize.

As for the rest of you, it is not beneficial to me to get into a mud slinging match with someone on a public internet forum.

I figured it was best to handle this privately as an accusation thrown my way would immediately be truth to a lot of people whether it was true or not.

As SS stated I'm an open book, and I don't hide behind a fake name or MM handle if you dont know me it wouldn't be hard to figure out who I am, I have never tried to hide it.

One of the down sides of living in a small town is that eventually someone is going to stir some sh!t about you.

Looks like some of you don't like me, as there was some eager beavers for some MM drama that's cool, you don't have to like me.

I banter back and forth with Slam a lot on a few issues but consider him a friend even if we disagree with some things, I still consider him a friend.

Same with some others on here that I have disagreements with on the shed hunt closure, even if I don't know them personally. Hopefully my disagreements on issues does not make you negative towards me, it's not personal, just discussing the issue.

I can still be friends with someone even if we don't see eye to eye on every issue.

Dude, the only reason people are out there this time of year is for antlers and only antlers and they’re using all the activities you and I listed as an excuse to be out there. That’s what my point is. Close down the whole thing for everyone, not just shed hunters I’ll go out on the main road this weekend or the next and I guarantee I see at least 6-10 trucks pulled of the dirt roads and guys out walking. That’s the reality.

So you got lucky the last closure in 2017 and now you and your buddies are going to email the DWR and ask them for more permanent regulations? What about the years when we have hardly any snow? You think we should all wait until May on easy winters?
Yes we sure will.
You know why? Because we understand that the first 3 months of the year the animals are very vulnerable snow or not. The quality of feed is still not there. You know we have been in a drought for year's right?

I know exactly what happens in Colorado when shed season opens up a lot of Utah people flood Colorado and I'm one of them.
Jake knows exactly what I'm talking about he doesn't like anymore than I do.
Shed hunter including myself will have to make a plan and figure out which is going to be the best state to hunt now. Yes I will loose some sheds because I can't be in both places at once. but I'm totally fine with it.

I think right here☝️ is the real reason why everyone has a problem with the shed closure.

Yes we sure will.
You know why? Because we understand that the first 3 months of the year the animals are very vulnerable snow or not. The quality of feed is still not there. You know we have been in a drought for year's right?

I know exactly what happens in Colorado when shed season opens up a lot of Utah people flood Colorado and I'm one of them.
Jake knows exactly what I'm talking about he doesn't like anymore than I do.
Shed hunter including myself will have to make a plan and figure out which is going to be the best state to hunt now. Yes I will loose some sheds because I can't be in both places at once. but I'm totally fine with it.

I think right here☝️ is the real reason why everyone has a problem with the shed closure.
You’re absolutely correct. We’ve been in a drought. Let me ask you this though, did you email the DWR and ask them for a shed antler “closure” on those drought years too? Did you give any guys on this site sh!t for posting a pic of a shed they picked up in early February when there was only an inch of snow on the winter ranges and tell them the food quality isn’t there and they shouldn’t be shed hunting? I doubt both those things.
The only time this debate comes up is when the snow is deep. I guarantee people would be posting their finds right now if this winter hadn’t been so bad.
I’ll keep saying this, this closure only works if it’s closed to everyone. And it’s enforced. I’m also okay with missing out on some sheds, what I’m not okay with is having to sit home and wait to go out while most of the people don’t care about the closure.

We’ve been in a drought. Let me ask you this though, did you email the DWR and ask them for a shed antler “closure” on those drought years too?
Yes! I actually talked with the DWR Biologists a few years back and brought it up last year. They will look into it they said.

Did you give any guys on this site sh!t for posting a pic of a shed they picked up in early February when there was only an inch of snow on the winter ranges and tell them the food quality isn’t there and they shouldn’t be shed hunting?
Nope you know why? Pretty dam simple the excuses start coming in left and right like you see now. This is no different then the trail cameras issue. Everyone knows how it helps them but they choose to argue and make excuses after excuses kind of like now.

I’ll keep saying this, this closure only works if it’s closed to everyone. And it’s enforced. I’m also okay with missing out on some sheds, what I’m not okay with is having to sit home and wait to go out while most of the people don’t care about the closure.
What you just stated right here happens during hunting season. Like shooting before light/ driving down closed roads/tearing up vegetation/ party hunting/chasing animals across the flats to get in close enough for a shot/ shooting out of side x sides or off of 4 wheelers. the list goes on.
That goes with everything. That is life everything can't be Enforced. So why is this such a problem having a simple shed closure? well it's simple people are afraid they will loose out.

so let me ask you this. Do you sit home during hunting season when all this crap happens?

Yes! I actually talked with the DWR Biologists a few years back and brought it up last year. They will look into it they said.

Nope you know why? Pretty dam simple the excuses start coming in left and right like you see now. This is no different then the trail cameras issue. Everyone knows how it helps them but they choose to argue and make excuses after excuses kind of like now.

What you just stated right here happens during hunting season. Like shooting before light/ driving down closed roads/tearing up vegetation/ party hunting/chasing animals across the flats to get in close enough for a shot/ shooting out of side x sides or off of 4 wheelers. the list goes on.
That goes with everything. That is life everything can't be Enforced. So why is this such a problem having a simple shed closure? well it's simple people are afraid they will loose out.

so let me ask you this. Do you sit home during hunting season when all this crap happens?
Hey elk slayer please provide any evidence of a deer or elk killed because of shed hunting. Or a study that shows it…

Back that **** talking up!

What is funny is that it is not even a closure.
It is ONLY a delay.
No different than having archery season open in August instead of July.

What is funny is that it is not even a closure.
It is ONLY a delay.
No different than having archery season open in August instead of July.
It’s a closure. When deer season ends is it a delay until next year? ???

Hey elk slayer please provide any evidence of a deer or elk killed because of shed hunting. Or a study that shows it…

I can play your game. Show me evidence that it hasn’t.
Study’s do show that animals are very vulnerable this time of year so let’s go chase them threw the snow.
Seems about right coming from you.

Are you related to tri state or Roadrunner asking for a friend.

I can play your game. Show me evidence that it hasn’t.
Study’s do show that animals are very vulnerable this time of year so let’s go chase them threw the snow.
Seems about right coming from you.

Are you related to tri state or Roadrunner asking for a friend.
if you’re going to support a closure provide the evidence. There’s no place for hearsay. Let’s see it.

You have no friends. Nice try tho

if you’re going to support a closure provide the evidence. There’s no place for hearsay. Let’s see it.

Absolutely I support helping our wildlife but it’s obvious you don’t. You only care about yourself and that’s fine.
The DWR love when people like yourself get on here and whine because they know they did the right thing here.
Your absolutely right there is no place for hearsay.

Do I sit home during hunting season when all that crap happens??? Uh no, if I have a tag, I hunt legally, during legal hours and season dates. But you’re right about everything man ?. I totally agree

It’s a closure. When deer season ends is it a delay until next year? ???
Okay, I should of said ‘Ban’ instead of closure.
It is still ONLY a DELAY in shed hunting.
Instead of shed hunters putting so much energy in to whining about the delay, put in place by biologists, they should put their energy in to catching the shedders that are breaking the law.
What I still can’t figure out is why you are so butt hurt about what happens in a state you hate and don’t even want to drive through?
I love Wyoming but would not even dream of getting involved in their business.
I guess some peoples thoughts will never be understood.

Okay, I should of said ‘Ban’ instead of closure.
It is still ONLY a DELAY in shed hunting.
Instead of shed hunters putting so much energy in to whining about the delay, put in place by biologists, they should put their energy in to catching the shedders that are breaking the law.
What I still can’t figure out is why you are so butt hurt about what happens in a state you hate and don’t even want to drive through?
I love Wyoming but would not even dream of getting involved in their business.
I guess some peoples thoughts will never be understood.
you don’t understand a lot. We can’t even begin to touch that.

I’m glad you finally stopped saying “we” and switched to “I”.

This has nothing to do with shed hunting. You still haven’t figured that out. It has everything to do with passing a feel good measure based on nothing but emotion and mistruths.

Absolutely I support helping our wildlife but it’s obvious you don’t. You only care about yourself and that’s fine.
The DWR love when people like yourself get on here and whine because they know they did the right thing here.
Your absolutely right there is no place for hearsay.
Zero deer or elk will be saved by closing it to shed hunting, easily less than 1% of people out on public land.

you would do more giving everyone smart thermostats for their homes. Keep the thermostat around 65. Save from having to drill the winter ranges.

Keep drinking the kool aid though. You don’t support our wildlife. Do you hunt mule deer? If you do you don’t support them. All the herds are down, why hunt them at all? You only care about being able to kill one. Who’s worse, the antler hunter that doesn’t kill a deer or the guys who shoot them every fall?

Hunters kill more deer than shed hunters. Let’s close hunting till the herd recovers.

Or do you not care about mule deer?

You utards are a funny bunch. Always complaining about the management of herds by the biologists. But all of a sudden you trust them now? Did a biologist even make the decision? If so which one?

Dude you crack me up!
Why so much hate and anger for topics that do not effect you?
You take care and I hope you somehow find some happiness in your life SS.

Zero deer or elk will be saved by closing it to shed hunting, easily less than 1% of people out on public land.

you would do more giving everyone smart thermostats for their homes. Keep the thermostat around 65. Save from having to drill the winter ranges.

Keep drinking the kool aid though. You don’t support our wildlife. Do you hunt mule deer? If you do you don’t support them. All the herds are down, why hunt them at all? You only care about being able to kill one. Who’s worse, the antler hunter that doesn’t kill a deer or the guys who shoot them every fall?

Hunters kill more deer than shed hunters. Let’s close hunting till the herd recovers.

Or do you not care about mule deer?
haha that’s your angle? Who drinking the kool aid now.

haha that’s your angle? Who drinking the kool aid now.
No angle. So do you care for mule deer or not? I already know the answer. You don’t. You say you do but you really don’t. It’s ok, doesn’t make you a bad person.

Good luck this fall. Let’s kill the deer off!

You utards are a funny bunch. Always complaining about the management of herds by the biologists. But all of a sudden you trust them now? Did a biologist even make the decision? If so which one?
I was told by one of the higher-ups in the dwr a few weeks before the closure that they (dwr) dis not want to do a closure, and he said the director specifically did not want to implement a closure, said they would rather just deal with people harassing game. But he did say they was getting a lot of push from others and said there was some members of the Wildlife Board that really wanted it.

I guess those people finally won out. This did not come from the DWR, they was forced into it.

I was told by one of the higher-ups in the dwr a few weeks before the closure that they (dwr) dis not want to do a closure, and he said the director specifically did not want to implement a closure, said they would rather just deal with people harassing game. But he did say they was getting a lot of push from others and said there was some members of the Wildlife Board that really wanted it.

I guess those people finally won out. This did not come from the DWR, they was forced into it.
Yep that’s what I heard too. So many on this thread are saying “trust the biologists” ???

If it wasn’t so damn sad it would be funny. Scary knowing how some of those guys get on those boards.

Clearly you found this while trying to search for increased pressure on ID from UT. Hahahaa I live rent free in that head of yours!

And where’s the evidence? You probably didn’t read past the headline.

Clearly you found this while trying to search for increased pressure on ID from UT. Hahahaa I live rent free in that head of yours!

And where’s the evidence? You probably didn’t read past the headline.

Nah. Just googled "does shed hunting cause deer death". Something you can do, but you think if you ask stupid questions, no one will look.

Kinda like your twin Tristate, lots of "questions", very little answers.

Here's one about your heros.

Interesting read about Jackson,which last I checked was in Wyoming, so it's something you can be proud of?, but jump to the Utah part. A few paragraphs about your obsession.

Did you have him sign your elk, or deer shed?

Nah. Just googled "does shed hunting cause deer death". Something you can do, but you think if you ask stupid questions, no one will look.

Interesting read about Jackson,which last I checked was in Wyoming, so it's something you can be proud of?, but jump to the Utah part. A few paragraphs about your obsession.

That link doesn't work on my end, but I'm intrigued about the article ?

That link doesn't work on my end, but I'm intrigued about the article ?

Screenshot_2023-02-19-09-05-22-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Not sure why the link don't work.

Here's the article if you want to Google it.

I’ll have to apologize to your wife. God knows how much time you spent finding an opinion piece and an article from the New Yorker of all places ??

You’re too easy hossy. Too easy.

I’ll have to apologize to your wife. God knows how much time you spent finding an opinion piece and an article from the New Yorker of all places ??

You’re too easy hossy. Too easy.

It was pretty tough, took nearly 30 seconds, and a scroll down.

We both know you didn't read either, so I'll wait for other guys who actually read and pay attention to clown you for what it says.

I'll tell you what. Your next "real important question", I'll use duck duck go, okay little fella.

Now sit there for a min, come up with a real "witty zinger".

It was pretty tough, took nearly 30 seconds, and a scroll down.

We both know you didn't read either, so I'll wait for other guys who actually read and pay attention to clown you for what it says.

I'll tell you what. Your next "real important question", I'll use duck duck go, okay little fella.

Now sit there for a min, come up with a real "witty zinger".
You’ve duck duck go this whole time. Felt like responding to tristate.

I’ve read both articles btw. The New York one was posted here back when it came out.

I’m sure mrs hossy knows all about 30 secs. ?

Screenshot_2023-02-19-09-31-29-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

You’ve duck duck go this whole time. Felt like responding to tristate.

I’ve read both articles btw. The New York one was posted here back when it came out.

I’m sure mrs hossy knows all about 30 secs. ?

No chit?

Huh.

Well, I guess we should look at WHO posted it originally, huh?

Screenshot_2023-02-19-09-31-29-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

So did you get a deer or elk horn signed?
that’s sad you don’t even remember posting it. All I remember is a nobody posted it. Article wasn’t even worth remembering….

Your fascination with social media hunters isn’t healthy. While you’re getting help for all the other issues in your life so hope your therapist addresses that one. It’s pretty sad you let a YouTuber and Instagram hunter stir that noodle in your head.

30 secs hahahahaha

that’s sad you don’t even remember posting it. All I remember is a nobody posted it. Article wasn’t even worth remembering….

Your fascination with social media hunters isn’t healthy. While you’re getting help for all the other issues in your life so hope your therapist addresses that one. It’s pretty sad you let a YouTuber and Instagram hunter stir that noodle in your head.

30 secs hahahahaha

I didn't say I didn't remember, I said 30 sec and a scroll down.

Do you need hooked on phonics?

And I know the dementia is rough, but I threw that Chinese horn buyer line at you a week ago, and like the tool you are, you believed in your heart, "you were educating me".

Like I said. You used to be creative, witty, crass, funny. Now your just a sad shell of yourself who is constantly days if not weeks behind.

I even called the "unit" jokes you would make, YESTERDAY.

Did you lose your spark? Did your little heart get broken by Antlerfest delay?

I'm worried, no that's not true. I'm actually just bored by what you ve become.

I e been tossing you Chinaman, and Hush lines since the closure announcement, and you were so damn dense you missed all of it, from an article "you read", and in return you thought you were "clowning" me.

Freaking priceless.

Funnier even that you were amongst the first to reply when I first posted it a year ago.

It is kinda sad. I thought you were smart. Now I realize your just a one trick pony.

I'll wait for you to drop a wage line, or sex line.

I'll tell you what. Next time I'll send you the article, study, clip, of what I'm going to comment on, at least a week in advance. Then, when I do comment, you'll only be days behind.

?????????

Tool

I e been tossing you Chinaman, and Hush lines since the closure announcement, and you were so damn dense you missed all of it, from an article "you read", and in return you thought you were "clowning" me.

Freaking priceless.

Funnier even that you were amongst the first to reply when I first posted it a year ago.

It is kinda sad. I thought you were smart. Now I realize your just a one trick pony.

I'll wait for you to drop a wage line, or sex line.

I'll tell you what. Next time I'll send you the article, study, clip, of what I'm going to comment on, at least a week in advance. Then, when I do comment, you'll only be days behind.

?????????

Tool
Oh no he’s full tilt boys! Made a back to back post and instead of editing it made another post!

No one believes your BS. And now you’re trying to cover your tracks and saying you’re clever? ???

Oh no he’s full tilt boys! Made a back to back post and instead of editing it made another post!

No one believes your BS. And now you’re trying to cover your tracks and saying you’re clever? ???
Nah.

Just pointing out, YOURE NOT

Get it?

Kind of an interesting read.

Made me wonder if Chesser and the janitor have any self awareness.

Shockingly not horribly slanted
Definitely seems counter productive to say they have such a passion for the wildlife they both make a living from, yet no compassion when it's the time of year to write their pay checks ?‍♂️

Definitely seems counter productive to say they have such a passion for the wildlife they both make a living from, yet no compassion when it's the time of year to write their pay checks ?‍♂️
Yup.

Kid I work with was showing me all the YouTube influencers from Utah's IG posts. Exposes their actual thoughts, which are far different than their online personas.

How did shedcrazy get on any committee?

Same with Mtn Ops dude on predators.

You've been missing SS and his "witty repartee".?

Biologists in utah make yearly spring herd counts and make “recommendations” to the utah DWR. We all know what the utah DWR does with recommendations. Unlimited elk tags on any bull units-with 2026 being the first year to look at herd impacts.

It’s like going to Human Resources with an issue with your boss- only do find that HR is working for your boss.
Poor biologists - they thought they were helping. Lol !

Seriously -what’s next with horn hunting ?
Limited entry early horn hunts ? If there’s money to be made there wouldn’t be a closure ? I’m not a horn hunter but I can see it coming.
The current closure will only keep the honest folks home.

Yup.

Kid I work with was showing me all the YouTube influencers from Utah's IG posts. Exposes their actual thoughts, which are far different than their online personas.

How did shedcrazy get on any committee?

Same with Mtn Ops dude on predators.

You've been missing SS and his "witty repartee".?
He got invited to the committee because of his livelihood and opposing views that open discussions on his type of people and views.

Oh I see SS's comments, I just refuse to waste brain cells on them.

He got invited to the committee because of his livelihood and opposing views that open discussions on his type of people and views.

Oh I see SS's comments, I just refuse to waste brain cells on them.
Smart move, you didn’t have many to begin with so you better hold on to what you have.

Biologists in utah make yearly spring herd counts and make “recommendations” to the utah DWR. We all know what the utah DWR does with recommendations. Unlimited elk tags on any bull units-with 2026 being the first year to look at herd impacts.

It’s like going to Human Resources with an issue with your boss- only do find that HR is working for your boss.
Poor biologists - they thought they were helping. Lol !

Seriously -what’s next with horn hunting ?
Limited entry early horn hunts ? If there’s money to be made there wouldn’t be a closure ? I’m not a horn hunter but I can see it coming.
The current closure will only keep the honest folks home.
Hahaha so true right?

FYI there’s already limited quota shed hunting as has been for a long time. Antelope island.

I disagree about the closure only keeping the honest folks home. It’s going to make honest people criminals. It’s a shame.

Or do you not care about
BAIT.

20230219_075357.jpg

Never mind the snow. You can clearly see that buck is stressed based upon his right ear sitting lower than the other. Whoever took that pic needs to be fined for attempting to locate an antler.

Never mind the snow. You can clearly see that buck is stressed based upon his right ear sitting lower than the other. Whoever took that pic needs to be fined for attempting to locate an antler.
It was on private property. The deer are over grazing the cheat grass that the geese need.

Hahaha so true right?

FYI there’s already limited quota shed hunting as has been for a long time. Antelope island.

I disagree about the closure only keeping the honest folks home. It’s going to make honest people criminals. It’s a shame.

Ya how so? How did honest people be made criminals? This should be great.

Ya how so? How did honest people be made criminals? This should be great.
Hey hossate if you can’t figure it out is it going to help you or I if I point out the obvious to you? You proven time and time again you’re emotionally driven and disregard facts. You’re nothing less than a puppet and nothing more.

Hey hossate if you can’t figure it out is it going to help you or I if I point out the obvious to you? You proven time and time again you’re emotionally driven and disregard facts. You’re nothing less than a puppet and nothing more.

So you have no answer.

Why should this be any different than any other thing you've said.

Oh, wait, G&F just pulled up, seems they are gonna cite me for not going shed hunting today.

Damn, all my honesty, now criminalized. If only I'd listened to you?

I’m with ya Hoss. I’ve been holed up in my basement for a week living off rations hiding from my honest self. Just realizing what a slippery slope honesty is.

I should have just did the right thing by doing the wrong thing in the first place but I didn’t realize the wrong thing was the right thing to do.

This one kills me and proves how much they do NOT care by selfishly mocking the the entire DNR.
It's profound how incapable they are of even comprehending the very thing they are mocking by still being out on the winter ranges trying to be funny about their human presence making "cartoons" for likes by leaving sheds lying on the ground.....this is the stupidity our DNR deals with.
Screenshot_20230220_090316_Gallery.jpg

This one kills me and proves how much they do NOT care by selfishly mocking the the entire DNR.
It's profound how incapable they are of even comprehending the very thing they are mocking by still being out on the winter ranges trying to be funny about their human presence making "cartoons" for likes by leaving sheds lying on the ground.....this is the stupidity our DNR deals with.
View attachment 103612
Really? This upsets you? I'm sure you've heard of a Karen. Well the male version is called a Kevin. And you are for sure a Kevin.

View attachment 103612
Yup.

Literally ANYTHING for the gram.

This guy I'm sure picks up sheds "for exercise and fresh air"

Their lack of total self awareness is shocking.

Ole Martin, that I got an e book for SS from, last week was blasting the DWR, blah, blah, blah.

This week he's got a special deal on his e book to get you ready for that May 1 opener!!

Blasts the DWR for closures with "late season cow hunts", then tells you to "like and subscribe" his extended season bull hunt.

Won't even get started about Chessers ex.

Well SS, you don't have to believe me but this is a true story. My brother-in-law was out looking for sheds a few years back with his German Shepherd. His dog took off after a doe. After a few minutes the doe came crashing down the mountain with the dog on it's tail. The doe tipped over and died about 10 yards in front of my brother-in-law. He was sick and never took his dog again.

Well SS, you don't have to believe me but this is a true story. My brother-in-law was out looking for sheds a few years back with his German Shepherd. His dog took off after a doe. After a few minutes the doe came crashing down the mountain with the dog on it's tail. The doe tipped over and died about 10 yards in front of my brother-in-law. He was sick and never took his dog again.
More common than people realize, unfortunately ?

That’s too bad. Sounds like that doe had a pre existing condition. My dog sniffs out moose calves in the spring. He will come hauling ass back to me and there is an angry cow close behind.

kudos for him leaving his dog home. Great example of how BS thr shed closure is. Everyone out with their dogs are not helping matters. Non hunters out with dogs have to easily out number hunters 100 to one.

Close it to all or keep it open to all. Wyoming does it, why can’t Utah?

That’s too bad. Sounds like that doe had a pre existing condition. My dog sniffs out moose calves in the spring. He will come hauling ass back to me and there is an angry cow close behind.

kudos for him leaving his dog home. Great example of how BS thr shed closure is. Everyone out with their dogs are not helping matters. Non hunters out with dogs have to easily out number hunters 100 to one.

Close it to all or keep it open to all. Wyoming does it, why can’t Utah?
Totally agree, lots of uninformed non-hunters out there with their dogs on the winter range causing problems.

View attachment 103612
Is he out on the winter range in those videos? I have found them extremely amusing. Man you sure have a problem with people poking fun at rules they do not agree with. Rules I might add, are extremely poorly written that could include even driving around the winter range looking at deer as being a violation.

Is he out on the winter range in those videos? I have found them extremely amusing. Man you sure have a problem with people poking fun at rules they do not agree with. Rules I might add, are extremely poorly written that could include even driving around the winter range looking at deer as being a violation.
Have you watched their "mockumentary" Jake?

Of course you find them extremely amusing because you agree with them and that type of childish behavior ?

Have you watched their "mockumentary" Jake?

Of course you find them extremely amusing because you agree with them and that type of childish behavior ?
I've only seen there IG posts.

And yes I agree the shed closure is stupid. Not sure how they are displaying "childish behavior" the only reason you label it that is because you disagree with them.

Last edited:
I am going to test that hypothesis.

I am going to test that hypothesis.
Read their definition of what it means to "gather" a shed.

Here it is,
"locating, attempting to locate, gathering, or marking loctions"
So just being out on the winter range attempting to locate deer would be in violation of the rule.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom