Utah shed invasion has started!!!

JPblind

Starting to see a lot of Utah plates at popular shed places here in Idaho. Great now they can make this place just as sh!tty as their state for finding sheds. I've never looked for sheds outside the state I currently live in. It's only going to get worse in the coming months with 30yr old men running around with selfie sticks and gopros strapped around them looking like androids talking on live stream for likes while telling everyone Idaho is open for business because Utah is closed. Should build a wall at the states southern border.

ACE19C7B-41BB-487B-8F12-F40D54840B2E.jpeg

It's only going to get worse in the coming months with 30yr old men running around with selfie sticks and gopros strapped around them looking like androids talking on live stream for likes while telling everyone Idaho is open for business because Utah is closed.
Didn’t you just post pics of your shed collection somewhere? Now you just told everyone what state you’re in. Makes sense.

Well just because Utah is supposed to be closed to shed hunting doesn’t mean anything thing. People are now just “walking their dogs.” Which nobody did before the closing. Hell of a coincidence anyway. And just wait and see how many people post on may 1 about finding a bunch of sheds that day.

I think I can get ten Utah shed hunters to stay home if you can get just one Idaho Q-Tip to stay out of St George for the winter and I am not even asking for all of the Idaho Q-Ter's with their SideXSide to stay out of Southern Utah in April.
I had to look up what a Q-Tip'r was. Thank god I don't own any white socks or shoes. :rolleyes:

Well just because Utah is supposed to be closed to shed hunting doesn’t mean anything thing. People are now just “walking their dogs.” Which nobody did before the closing. Hell of a coincidence anyway. And just wait and see how many people post on may 1 about finding a bunch of sheds that day.
I’m a rock hound. Fascinated with rocks. Everything is buried right now so I stick to the south facing slopes. Sometimes I have to move sheds to get to my rocks.

We already have the face book king, bragging about going out and finding dead heads that are dying all around us in the Wood river valley. There will be a whole lot of people pushing game long before shed season arrives.

I wonder.

Does anyone think the same folks who are openly "rock hounding", "dog walking", etc, are the same folks who became "bird watchers" to circumvent the cam ban?

One wonders if they are the same folks now crying because the DWR asked the legislature to codify the ban?

No, I doubt anyone in the division is listening to these guys thinking they are cute.

Carry on

To All Western States: Ban Antler Sales Now!!!!!

People cannot be trusted to do the right thing.

It is hurting the health of our game animals and other species on critical winter habitats.

It is removing an important bio-nutrient from availability in the ecosystem.

It creates incentive for rulebreaking, trespassing, poaching and theft

Rampant and effectively unregulated commercialization of wildlife parts usually ends badly throughout history.

It is simply unnecessary and becoming harmful.

Last edited:
I wonder.

Does anyone think the same folks who are openly "rock hounding", "dog walking", etc, are the same folks who became "bird watchers" to circumvent the cam ban?

One wonders if they are the same folks now crying because the DWR asked the legislature to codify the ban?

No, I doubt anyone in the division is listening to these guys thinking they are cute.

Carry on
Hoss.
They’re listening!They will implement a season date on shed season.

I found out from a good source there was over 22,000 shed hunters took the Ethics course.
Yes I am all in favor of it. Especially after hearing that.

Hoss.

I found out from a good source there was over 22,000 shed hunters took the Ethics course.

I know. Can't wait either. Then all the birdwatchers can complain about overeach

Hoss.

I’m curious and surprised why they haven’t started charging a fee to take the course. I’d pay 10,20 even 50. I’d be fine with the ban on antler sales too. Maybe start with that instead of a permanent season. I don’t know what the best answer is anymore, just an idea. But I’m sure the DWR could use an extra hundred thousand- 1.1 mil a year. Obviously this winter has been rough have you heard if they’re going to cut back on tags?

Does CO have a law that allows for radical abortion and gender affirming "healthcare" of minors without parental consent? NM is fixin' to...
Not sure about the second, but you can clip a baby all the way up until the kiddo is being caught by a doctor, ole Gov polis was pretty proud about that

Not sure about the second, but you can clip a baby all the way up until the kiddo is being caught by a doctor, ole Gov polis was pretty proud about that

Well, back on topic.

UT is becoming hilarious with its "sky is falling" rhetoric on bills and laws as though it really matters. NOT!!

Hoss.

Your source is wrong.

It's only going to get worse in the coming months with 30yr old men running around with selfie sticks and gopros strapped around them looking like androids talking on live stream for likes while telling everyone Idaho is open for business because Utah is closed.

I understand the dislike for shed hunting.

I also understand why guys do it.

What I don't understand is why do they create the stories on Twitter, the Gram or FB? Does it link them to potential customers? Or do they just need attention?

What I don't understand is why do they create the stories on Twitter, the Gram or FB? Does it link them to potential customers? Or do they just need attention?

Why do people post photos of animals they kill? Why make a hunting video?

They need attention!

F5EC8808-410C-4F95-A648-8303294586E1.jpeg

You are always welcome in utah when it opens here!!

And don't act like people from idaho wyoming and Nevada don't come across state lines!!

You are always welcome in utah when it opens here!!

And don't act like people from idaho wyoming and Nevada don't come across state lines!!
People come to Utah from other states? No freakin way!! Doesn’t seem to fit the false narrative that has been spewed

Why do you get offended so easily?

Antlers in back of a truck. Could have bought them, traded nudes of your mother for them, could be moving. Holy crap you guys are soft.
I don’t remember quoting you? The Sally comment did it huh? It was a joke sorry, have a cold one and dream about spring

Those white donuts with the raspberry filling are legit.
@BLooDTRaCKeR why you sending your dad to a vape shop. Get off your butt and get your own hippy sticks haha
LOL! I told dad if he got us the good stuff from the back room, we would be justified to go shed hunting out of season and claim ignorance. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Starting to see a lot of Utah plates at popular shed places here in Idaho. Great now they can make this place just as sh!tty as their state for finding sheds. I've never looked for sheds outside the state I currently live in. It's only going to get worse in the coming months with 30yr old men running around with selfie sticks and gopros strapped around them looking like androids talking on live stream for likes while telling everyone Idaho is open for business because Utah is closed. Should build a wall at the states southern border.
That wall is a good idea, however it may impact all of those Idaho folks from going to Utah each day to work at a job that pays the bills. (Good luck selling lotto tickets and beer as your only source of income).

Why do you get offended so easily?

Antlers in back of a truck. Could have bought them, traded nudes of your mother for them, could be moving. Holy crap you guys are soft.
You can trade sheds for nudes? This opens up a whole new aspect of shed hunting

I have some nudes of myself but it seems no one wants to trade them for anything of value! :ROFLMAO:
Dammit!
Good Lord, you have “nudes” of yourself. Until just now I was looking forward to having you as a neighbor on the Fish Lake Zeke………. Tell me you’re just tormenting SS!…… or I’m putting my cabin up for sale this spring!!!! ?

Good Lord, you have “nudes” of yourself. Until just now I was looking forward to having you as a neighbor on the Fish Lake Zeke………. Tell me you’re just tormenting SS!…… or I’m putting my cabin up for sale this spring!!!! ?
Nope. No worries about me DC, I was just teasing da boys.
Besides, JPicketts is the one who made the offer so I thought I'd call his bluff since his inquiry could be taken one of two ways.
#Languagematters

Zeke

Well that PM backfired on me. Thought I was going to get some moose sheds but SS just proposed to me!!

What do I do here guys? I mean I guess he would come with all the sheds. Get half of your spouses stuff right?

Well that PM backfired on me. Thought I was going to get some moose sheds but SS just proposed to me!!

What do I do here guys? I mean I guess he would come with all the sheds. Get half of your spouses stuff right?
For the record the ring was made out of shed antler!

Nope. No worries about me DC, I was just teasing da boys.
Besides, JPicketts is the one who made the offer so I thought I'd call his bluff since his inquiry could be taken one of two ways.
#Languagematters

Zeke
Ha, It’s all good Zeke……… I’m just harassing anyone and everyone, waiting for spring to bring some better weather. You just came into view so I had to take a shot. Absolutely not harm intended.

I know we’re still two to three months away from much going on at Fish Lake but I called down to Otter Creek this afternoon and the ice is mostly off the lake so I’m gonna head down asap to drag a wooly bugger along the shore line.

And just to keep SS! from misinterpreting the term, a wooly bugger, it’s a wet fly, fished best when the rainbows are feeding next to the shore in early spring……… just saying!

All the best y’all!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom