Utah State Government 4 day work week.

A

Antlers_Ink

While some of you guys are trying to solve the worlds problems, I was just wondering what some of you local guys think of Governor Huntsman's new 4 day work week? I think there should have at least been some public input on this thing before it was crammed down our throats. I'm sure Gov. Huntsman thinks he is an innovator of cutting edge ideas. He is trying to save money and energy, but at what cost? I understand he is only going to save around 3 million dollars, (peanuts as far as the state budget is concerned) but what we lose in Governmental services doesn't compensate for what we save. Maybe governmental
employee's welcome the change. I've been working a 4 day week for 15 years and love it. I just don't think the Gov. should have forced his plan on the State without proper public input.
The longer he stays in office the more he behaves like a typical politician. He's loosing touch with those that put him there.

Message from the Division of Wildlife ResourcesFriday, July 18, 2008 5:58 PM
From: "DWRMessage" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts To: [email protected]o Our Valued Customers, Friends and Colleagues:

Beginning the week of August 4, 2008 the offices of the Division of Wildlife Resources will be CLOSED on all Fridays. This is in conjunction with Governor Huntsman?s ?Working 4 Utah? initiative.

In addition, there will be new, extended hours of operation for the public. The new hours will be from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, except holidays. All state park recreation facilities and DWR law enforcement efforts will maintain current operating hours.

Additionally, the Lee Kay and Cache Valley Shooting Centers will now be closed on Sundays in addition to the current Mondays and Tuesdays. To accommodate demand the ranges will expand their hours of operation during the autumn months. Check with the centers for specific times.

Please note: the new hours of operation and Friday closures will extend to most state agencies. You are advised to check with the various agencies before you visit. Or, log onto: www.utah.gov for further information.

Thank you for your understanding and support of this important effort to address the energy issues facing Utah and the nation.

Sincerely,

James F. Karpowitz, Director
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

O.K nochawk, you posted some info to shed some light on this subject but what is your opinion? Do you think that this will help the energy crisis in Utah and the nation. Is it worth it?

I know you didn't ask for my opinion but I'll give it anyway.

Government will be just as inefficient and worthles in 4 days as it now takes them 5 days to do.

JB

>Are you nuts?? I wish
>our state government stayed home
>all week.
>
>JB

Now that is the funniest shyt I've ever heard right there!!

Piper, how's your period?

I guess I'm just miffed because friday is my run around and get things done day. Now anything I have to take care of on a governmental basis screws with my schedule. How's that for being selfish.

Im bias... I work 3 12 hour shifts and get paid for 40.

In Health care most places work 12 hour shifts...you can get use to having 4 days off every week real easy.

Lets get rid of all the LAZY goverment workers and sub all the work to private companys. it would SAVE thousands(SORRY I MEANT BILLIONS) i would garintey it. well we are at it lets get rid of all the unions.....................................LIFE WOULD BE GREAT.................I WISH EVERY ONE HAD COMIN SENCE LIFE WOULD BE GREAT....................................SMALLER GOVERMENT..............

I am one of those government workers, who is an instructor
at a Tech. School. I have been on a 4 day week for a few years.
It saves the school a lot of money on fuel and has also improved on student and faculty attendence.

I am all for it....

Most people work a five day 8 hour shift. By those Gov. offices be open to the public till 7 PM, will allow more citizens being able to make face to face contact after the citizen gets off his job at 4 or 5 PM. Then what JB says will take place, they will see first hand who is efficent and who is not.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom