Utah Tooth Data

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
I received my LE elk tag a few weeks ago, but have not received any information or an envelope to turn in a tooth after harvest for aging. Is the Division no longer doing that?

When I had an expo elk tag in 2009, I was sent instructions and an envelope to turn in a tooth. Just wondering if things have changed since then and that is no longer a requirement?

We had an antelope tag a couple years ago and the tooth package never came... So I called the DWR and they said only a certain # of tags on every unit gets a tooth survey and my boys wasn’t one of them...
so who knows..

Expo tag didn't have a packet. I even called and they said they would mail one... never came. The next year on LE regular draw elk tag it came in the mail. The rest of the LE regular draw tags our family has had all got packets in the mail. We will see if my tag this year does.

I called the SLC Division office today and asked - lady on the phone couldn't give me a clear answer and finally said it will probably be sent to me at a later date, but I think that was really her way of getting me off the phone. Didn't instill a lot of confidence that it will actually happen - we'll see I guess.

I hope it happens for every LE elk tag since they are all managed by age objective.

Last year I had a non resident elk tag and my wife called me that it came in the mail. I was already on my hunt and was not even aware that they needed a tooth. Beginning of September

I had a LE archery bull tag last year and the tooth packet arrived in the mail several weeks after i received my tag. I predict that you will still receive one.

Congrats on the tag! What unit did you draw?

Jason

I had a LE archery bull tag last year and the tooth packet arrived in the mail several weeks after i received my tag. I predict that you will still receive one.

Congrats on the tag! What unit did you draw?

Jason

Thanks! Hopefully it comes at some point. I drew the Pahvant Muzzleloader tag. Antler growth has been looking good - hopefully a few of the bigger bulls slip past the archery and early rifle hunters!

My Father-in-law just received his yesterday for his Book Cliffs archery deer tag. It looks like they are holding on sending them until right before the hunt so it is fresh in your mind I guess. Glad they are doing it still!

Good luck to all on your success. Still been waiting for tooth data off my daughters bull. But maybe covid they lost all the data.

Just received my tooth packet today from the UDWR. Hunt starts in 6 days-can’t wait!!

Hope to have some pics and stories to share soon. If I have decent cell reception I may try to do some semi-live updates.

I didn’t get one for my Bison Hunt a few years ago. Just the blood test. So I called and asked for one. I sent it in and I never got the results back. I called and asked about it. They had no clue and said to keep checking my online status. Nothing ever.

They sent me a tooth packet for my over the counter archery elk tag... got it a few days after the hunt ended... what a waste of money that was. It should have been sent out at least a month earlier.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom