Utah trail cam tax

SS!

Long Time Member
How about instead of banning trail cams let’s tax them! That’s what this country does when misuse is rampant. It works for alcohol let’s do it for trail cams.

If you’re so passionate about “running” trail cams pay the tax! How about 45 dollars a camera, you get a metal tag to put on it and you’re good to go! Find a camera without a tag turn it in!

Just trying to find a middle ground for my Utah brothers. ?

Not a horrible Idea. At first I was thinking $10 but that is $200 for twenty cams, that is not enough to change much. At $45 most guys that like them would only run a few. Both sides will be half happy

I think a tax is a bad idea. Sure it will cut down on the amount of cams the regular guys use but it certainly won’t slow down the big money guys.
Here’s what will happen if a tax is imposed:
Big money guy buys a premium tag at the auction.
He then hires big money outfitter for the hunt and big money outfitter tells the big money tag holder that he will need to run 50 cameras for his hunt and have to charge an additional $2500. Big money guy laughs and says hey no problem that’s a drop in the bucket go for it in fact run100 cameras I’ll pay the tax.
Then eventually as the taxes go up the regular guy will be phased out and all you will have is outfitters and big money guys running the cameras.
I think if cameras are restricted it should be across-the-board for everyone. No Tax!
It’s not a ban it’s just a restriction were no cams will be allowed from August 1 through December 31.
We can all run our cameras the rest of the time to satisfy whatever needs we have.

I like using mine here in Oregon. I have about 14 cameras that I put out about 3 weeks before the season and pull them when we break down camp. The area we hunt is not crowded, very few of the places I put them have a second camera there. I am moving to Arizona next year so keep your eyes out in the classifieds for a good deal on some cameras

How about we tax all the idiots in this world? Starting with people who make stupid threads about stupid issues.
No one forced you to click on the thread. It’s obvious you don’t care about trail cams. You probably saw the word “cams” and thought you were clicking on a thread about cat cams or a video on how to knit a sweater.

Carry on.

How about instead of banning trail cams let’s tax them! That’s what this country does when misuse is rampant. It works for alcohol let’s do it for trail cams.

If you’re so passionate about “running” trail cams pay the tax! How about 45 dollars a camera, you get a metal tag to put on it and you’re good to go! Find a camera without a tag turn it in!

This finally showed all that you are a liberal. Liberal mostly drunk.

It always shows how narrow minded a person is when all they can do is criticize the person that puts forth an idea or opinion.
It always shows on a forum those that don't have any actual education in wildlife would say they know what is best for wildlife as well.

Funny how that works

So make it where just the outfitters can afford to run cameras huh.
Not a great idea.

Great idea. Let’s make it where only the outfitters can afford it. ?

Hey ss?

I Guess You Don't Figure Average Americans are Already Paying more than enough in F'N Taxes?

I'm Gonna Tell You One More Time!

Don't Be a F'N PRICK!

Don't mind me- I'm ready to see how this thread goes....

128UMaujdjX7Pi.gif

Hey ss?

I Guess You Don't Figure Average Americans are Already Paying more than enough in F'N Taxes?

I'm Gonna Tell You One More Time!

Don't Be a F'N PRICK!
Would you rather have them banned completely or pay a permit to have them?

Great idea. Let’s make it where only the outfitters can afford it. ?
well facing a bill to ban them or perhaps pay a permit fee which would you rather have? And since it wasn’t obvious my OP was just a joke btw. It’s sad there’s even a discussion going on to ban them...

You've Seen My Other Posts on this!

But Here You go again:

Here's the Deal!

Many Years ago I Mentioned the "HIGH COUNTRY TUNE-UP" & People BAWLED!

Who Lost By Letting Un-Policed JACK-ASSES on Wheelers do as they Please Building Illegal Trails Everywhere on Public Land?

(The Game Herds & The Law Abiding Sportsmen,That's Who!)

When the Shed Hunting Season was put in place Who Lost?

(The Law Abiding Sportsmen Once again Lost,That's Who!)

If & When Trail-Cams are Outlawed/Banned Who's gonna Lose?

(The Law Abiding Sportsmen will Lose once again,that's Who!)

The Only Enforcement there will be is other Sportsmen Knocking them off the Tree's when they See/Find them!

(Now Remember,Nobody Liked My Illegal ATV TUNE-UPS!)

WTF is the Difference between an ATV TUNE-UP or a TRAIL-CAM TUNE?

There's Guys on Here Telling You they Will take em Down but I Don't see anybody getting their ASS Ripped for threatening to do it?

Here's what'll Happen if they get the Trail Cams Banned:

Some People will Still set them up!

They won't have them Right on Top of the Weep/Water!

They'll Start Running Mini-Cams You Can't see as easy!

There Won't be one Person on the Mountain that Won't Take one Down/Destroy it if they get the Chance,even if it's another Person Running Illegal Trail Cams!

If Somebody does Get Caught,here's the Attitude:

Just Give Me the F'N Ticket,I'll Just Pay the SOB!

If Somebody does Catch Somebody Breaking the Law with the Trail Cams & Does what He Thinks is the Right Thing by Calling Law Officials, well Good Luck with that!

The Fine Will Be some kind of PISSCUTTER Fine that Most Won't Pay any attention to!

I'm not Against some of the Laws & Rules!

But By GAWD I Think if they make them they should be Enforced a little better than what We've seen in recent years!

There Were Big Game Tags Auctioned Off for as High as 90,000.00-315,000.00 recently!

What'd be the Fine compared to Money Spent on a Tag like that?

TAKE NOTE:

You Get the Trail Cams off the Mountain & Prepare Yourself for More DRONES than You've Ever F'N Seen!

Ya,I Know,There's Laws already..........................!

The Biggest Thing To Think about is: This Change Alone Fixes Absolutely F'N Nothing!

Everybody Thought All This New Technology Happening at a Record Pace was COOL for Many Years!

Well!

Here We are & How F'N Cool is it Now?

Would you rather have them banned completely or pay a permit to have them?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom