Utah trail camera and baiting season bill

Im a little torn. Im in strong support. But I hate seeing the legislators involved in hunting.

Sad thing is with $fw dominating the WB, and the RAC controlled by outfitters, this is the only way it will happen.

Good riddance.... baiting Mule Deer is a bad look, and I’ll be happy to see it gone. The bucks already have enough pitfalls that keep them from reaching maturity as it is.

I always find it hilarious, all the stories that I read about so and so, giant General season, archery buck gets killed. The hunter is always setting up a blind “in the spot they know the buck uses”, and kills the buck. The giant pile of apples is always left out of the story, or edited out of the YouTube videos. Guys are doing it all over the state, but I have rarely, if ever, seen the story told in it’s entirety about how these bucks are being killed.

The shame is palpable. Boy, the learning curve is about to set in, and I predict a lot less flat brimmers posing with giant Velvet bucks in the future.

Legislation blows but with so many pressing the system for all it's worth is there much other choice? Don't like it? Then maybe we do a better job as as hunters and leave some advantage to the game.

Trail cams are just like anything else. They can be good and fun but all of a sudden they are abused to the point that we have to regulate them.

Good riddance.... baiting Mule Deer is a bad look, and I’ll be happy to see it gone. The bucks already have enough pitfalls that keep them from reaching maturity as it is.

yeah, like long range rifles, ballistic apps, binos, spotting scopes, range finders, Carbon arrows, plastic vanes, mechanical broadheads, mechanical releases, compound bows, 100+ yard slider sights, SxS, ATVs, 4x4s, cover scents, aluminum treestands, digital scouting, social media, satellite images, forums full of local detailed info on areas, guides, outfitters, 15+ spotters for 1 tag, camo tech companies, sabot Bullets, pellet powders, inline muzzleloaders capable of 500+ yards, top notch boots, back packs, calls, decoys, portable blinds, etc.... but yeah, apple piles and trail cams are definitely the straw that breaks the camels back and crosses the line for “fair chase” for the wildlife ?

Last edited:
yeah, like long range rifles, ballistic apps, binos, spotting scopes, range finders, Carbon arrows, plastic vanes, mechanical broadheads, mechanical releases, compound bows, 100+ yard slider sights, SxS, ATVs, 4x4s, cover scents, aluminum treestands, digital scouting, social media, satellite images, forums full of local detailed info on areas, guides, outfitters, 15+ spotters for 1 tag, camo tech companies, sabot Bullets, pellet powders, inline muzzleloaders capable of 500+ yards, top notch boots, back packs, calls, decoys, portable blinds, etc.... but yeah, apple piles and trail cams are definitely the straw that breaks the camels back and crosses the line for “fair chase” for the wildlife ?
Fine examples there you shared with baiting and trail-cams is on the proposed chopping block. Got a few others on that sweet list too that could be included. I contemplate fair chase too and when is enough advantage to man enough? Tough debate for sure.

It all started when man learned to sharpen the end of a stick.
Then man advance to chipping a stone into a spearhead and attaching it to the end of the stick.
Then he learned how to make bows and arrows with arrowheads and so on.
Hopefully at some point we will be wise enough to limit ourselves or there will be no game left to hunt.

I like what I’m seeing. I hope you guys will back me. I’m going to go after Idaho next to get rid of the plastic crap left in the woods. Good job Slam

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom