Utah Youth Elk Hunt

maximusbs

My son drew the Utah Youth Elk Hunt tag. I've scoured the Utah Hunt Planner, On X Maps, talked to biologists, and even scouted Zion, Oak Creek, and Kamas in person. Now I'm looking at the west side of South Slope. I know there's only 500 tags/hunters for the entire state on this 9 day hunt, so crowds should not be an issue. My son an I would like to backpack into a high elevation plateau and hike around and check drainages. Sounds like a solid plan, right? Neither me or my son have ever elk hunted before, so I'm looking for a second opinion or two. If any of you dads have been on this hunt, I'd like to hear from you if you have any suggestions.

My other option is to find a guide. If I hire a guide, I don't necessarily want someone who I can find by Google or as an advertiser even on this forum (no offense). I'm kinda looking for a word-of-mouth level kinda guide. If anyone knows some guides that kinda fit that bill, I'd appreciate any recommendations you may have.

Thanks,

Brad

Just a word of Warning!

Weather can & usually is still Perty Warm on that Hunt!

You Can Lose/Spoil an Elk Real Quick if not taken care of Properly & Quickly!

Not Trying to Scare You Neither!

But if You're Venturing back in a ways I'd definitely get some Help/Horses!

Most Hunters that have never Hunted Elk Before just don't know How Quick You can Spoil an Elk and how much work they are!

Best of Luck & Hoping to see a Pic or two!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>
>Just a word of Warning!
>
>Weather can & usually is still
>Perty Warm on that Hunt!
>
>
>You Can Lose/Spoil an Elk Real
>Quick if not taken care
>of Properly & Quickly!
>
>Not Trying to Scare You Neither!
>
>
>But if You're Venturing back in
>a ways I'd definitely get
>some Help/Horses!
>
>Most Hunters that have never Hunted
>Elk Before just don't know
>How Quick You can Spoil
>an Elk and how much
>work they are!
>
>Best of Luck & Hoping to
>see a Pic or two!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Do you have a bull tied up for Hannah up your way Bessy ? I here that country holds some good youth bulls. My nephew got one a few years ago up that way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom