Utahs BEST Desert Sheep Unit

tallbuck1

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-09 AT 11:14PM (MST)[p]Over the years I have looked to MM for alot of help. I have a few points for my Desert and I was just wondering what unit holds the best choice for a great ram!

I personally think the Dirty Devil unit holds some monsters.

Tallbuck1

Looking at Harvest Reports, the Virgin River has old rams, usually shot in a relatively few number of days. Are the genetics there very good?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-09 AT 10:58AM (MST)[p]The Virgin hands down over the Dirty devil, all Arizona genetics; I believe the transplanted sheep came from 15CN in AZ, before the big die off that unit held GREAT SHEEP! The Escalante units also have Nevada blood. The Dirty devil was started with San Rafael sheep, not the best genetics if your looking for BIG rams. You can kill old rams in any unit.

Stay away from the Devil.....Very tough unit, very few small sheep......Look elsewhere.(Please)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom