UTV reviews

trophyhunter

Very Active Member
I NEED SOME INPUT ON WHAT’S BEST UTV FOR THE MONEY IN 50’’ SO I CAN HAUL IT IN MY ENCLOSED UTILITY TRAILER. THANKS IN ADVANCE

I have the 50'' Honda pioneer 500. About 6000 miles on it and it is a real good machine. It is not as fast as the Polaris but I like it. Lots of good machines out there, the hard part might be finding one to buy right now.
I also have the 4 seater Talon and it is awesome.

I have a 60" Kawasaki Teryx. I weighed the drawback of not going less than 50", but wanted a little more stability. A friend has a Polaris 900 which is fast as heck, but squirrely. They have rolled it 3 times.
What gripes me is to run into a 50" gate, and everyone goes thru it and then continues on side by side. The damn trail is 10 yards wide!!!

You Been to TARDville Blank?

I have a 60" Kawasaki Teryx. I weighed the drawback of not going less than 50", but wanted a little more stability. A friend has a Polaris 900 which is fast as heck, but squirrely. They have rolled it 3 times.
What gripes me is to run into a 50" gate, and everyone goes thru it and then continues on side by side. The damn trail is 10 yards wide!!!

Can Am Maverick Trail. Rotax engine is unstoppable. I bought my 2020 off of a guy that rents about 20 of them. He has run about everyone of the machines, and said the Can Am is the most dependable and trouble free out there.

I would think about the Honda Pioneer as well. (700-4 or 1000-5).
What made my decision was they are shaft driven versus the belt driven machines. I did not wan't to be stuck in the backcountry on a cold November day with a popped belt....

Just one guys opinion- Good luck

I have had real good fortune with my Polaris RZR2

I don't think there is any 4 seat/50 inch wide's out there....

Robb

IMG_3671.jpg

I personally hate UTVs but I have to use them for work because they won't let me use a motorcycle. I have driven Polaris Rzr and Ranger, Honda pioneer, can-am comander, and Kawasaki teryx. Out of all the ones I have used I would buy the Can-am or Honda.

How narrow is your enclosed trailer that you need a 50" UTV for that alone. I own both a 50" Pioneer 500 and a 2008 Teryx(2 seater) that is 68". Both easily fit in my 7' wide enclosed trailer. I like using the 50" trails, hence I got the 500, and I like it, but I'd always go with wider, if I didn't need to fit through the gate. PS NO 4 seater UTV's are 50" or less, like others said.

Here is a four seat General XP 1000. Not aware of a 50inch four seater. That’s why I keep a couple Fourwheels around.
DCF03DC3-DC75-4AF8-AE57-B40922B00EFD.jpeg

Not that I have experience with a bunch of different ones, but I own a Honda 1000-5 and love it. So Honda has my recommendation. Get the right enclosed trailer and it works. I think mine is 7.5x16 (have to suck in the gut a little though getting out, but length to spare).

20201020_170215.jpg

20201020_181829.jpg

The best one is called a Toyota tacoma. Or a Colorado with lockers on front and back. You don’t need a trailer to haul it. You don’t. Need a mask so you don’t breath in the dust, you have a/c
,heating, and you can actually talk to your buddy while going down the two track. You also don’t spook all the game out of the area. Think about it..

Ok so if I’m not mistaken, looking for a 50” sxs , I have experience with both can am and Honda , myself I lean toward Honda because I feel they’re more hunter friendly , I have the new Honda 520 with the bed and it has 4x more room than the can am maverick, but ! The can am is a beast, definitely cover ground in it , the Honda tops out at 40 mph, the can am will do 70 lol , feel like the can am is for someone who is leaning toward a little sportier side of things, where I go I don’t need to go 70, I love the Honda transmission in the hills , hope this helps

The best one is called a Toyota tacoma. Or a Colorado with lockers on front and back. You don’t need a trailer to haul it. You don’t. Need a mask so you don’t breath in the dust, you have a/c
,heating, and you can actually talk to your buddy while going down the two track. You also don’t spook all the game out of the area. Think about it..
Exactly this.

The ones who go on a 50" trail with their 60" or bigger and ride the ridge side and make the trail slanted..?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom