UTV SIZE

UINTBB

Folks,
I'm interested in getting some viewpoints of advantages or disadvantages of a UTV with 72 inch wide wheelbase.
They look good but want to hear about "IN THE FIELD" experiences.
Thanks beforehand.

I have a Polaris General which is 64" wide. I ride with a buddy who has RZR 72" wide. The trails around here (central Utah) can be pretty tight for him, but he makes it. There are several trails limited to 66" wide or less, making it illegal for him to proceed. I would say to determine the type of riding you do most and get the rig best suited for that. If you are a dune guy, go 72" if a mountain guy, go with something less wide.

))--SLIVER-->

My Kawasaki Teryx is 62” wide, and seems to be perfect for our mountain use here in Idaho. Our restrictions here on USFS trails is “less than 50”, or open to full size vehicles. There are lots of areas I could use mine on, but not legally.
Like said above, if you like dune riding like we have here, wider stance and fat tires is great.

72 INCH width of the tires. My bad. Most figured it out and am thankful for their opinions. I ride the streets frequently, Mountains next but want to try the dunes.
Will the tires that work in the mountains be good enough for the dunes?

Go 72”,, if the driver and the passenger both hang one butt cheek over the side you can almost get the six feet of required distancing.

Here's What I'd Run!

It'll Go Where Your Other Worthless UTV's Won't even Try!

You Could Shred Mother Earth with this SOB!

72 INCH width of the tires. My bad. Most figured it out and am thankful for their opinions. I ride the streets frequently, Mountains next but want to try the dunes.
Will the tires that work in the mountains be good enough for the dunes?

Ha My first machine was a 60. Ended up loving the dunes so traded it in and bought a 72. I would go with something with a turbo if you want to eventually get into dunes. You can never have too much power out there.

With tires you see all different kinds out at the dunes..... I run 32" System 3 Xrc350s and do just fine out there. Obviously if I ran paddles it would go a little better but I do just fine! Air them down to 10 psi and GOOOOO. I just don't want to have to switch from paddles to xrc so I got something that will run good out there. I see plenty of people running their stock tires out there just fine.

What machine are you looking into getting?

Looking at a Polaris Rzr turbo s model vs xp turbo.
Thanks for the advice....Much appreciated.

Turbo S is a sweet machine! I almost went with one when I got my XRS. The tires on the turbo s will be fine for anything so you won’t need to swap right off the rip!

I am 95% leaning towards the turbo s. I greatly appreciate the advice given. My only concern is the 72 inch width and trail access.
The S looks great and stable with plenty of power.

It really depends on the area you are going to hunt. In the area I spend a lot of time there are a few 50 inch trails. I have found my way around a lot of them. Even hunting with guys on four wheelers. In most cases I can drive around and meet them on the other side of the 50 inch trails. Because the 50 inch trail are usually narrow and tight turns. By taking the main road around I can usually beat them to the bottom of the trail on the other side. In some cases they may stay in that area of the 50 inch trail. So I do keep a four wheeler around for that. But it is hard to give up that smooth riding side x side. Its also nice that if you come to a highway. In most cases. You can just drive your street legal side x side back to camp. :) I have thought about a 50 inch legal side x side. But I don't think there are any made in a four seater. You know you have to have room in back seat to pack that 50 caliber. :)

That's what I'm talking about!!!
The big 50cal. in the back.
Decision is made...… Turbo S it is.
I will have it by this weekend. Many thanks gents. See you on the trail and stay out of my way cause here I come.

After You get it!

Try This Hill here & let us know How it does?

One Thing about it!

After You get that 30K+ TURBO S You Won't Be Scratchin Your 88,000.00 Diesel Pick-Up!

That's what I'm talking about!!!
The big 50cal. in the back.
Decision is made...… Turbo S it is.
I will have it by this weekend. Many thanks gents. See you on the trail and stay out of my way cause here I come.

I don't see the point in a utv unless it can go on 50" trails. I'd much rather drive my truck up a "open to full-size vehicle" than a dusty utv. Plus I can be listening to tunes, and air-conditioned. JMO

50” RZR here too. There are a lot of 50” trails in Colorado so when you have to turn around I will keep on trucking lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom