Vaccine experience?

Have you been vaccinated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lucky you. You've never been in a good 'ol boy environment sounds like. In order to be in "control" of your destiny, you have to lose out on something else you thought you were in control of.

Recalibrating is from the loss of control trying to regain what you thought was yours, dude.

Discipline and hard work my azz...
The formula is right there in your own words

Lucky me = hard work + discipline

Or keep doing it your way.

Ain’t freedom grand. :)

Maybe...... it’s not the vaccine folks are afraid of.

It’s a hell of a thing when we’re so mistrusting of our own government than we are of dying from a known killer virus. So mistrusting some are dying rather than taking it.

Pretty telling, I think.

It’s a hell of a thing when we’re so mistrusting of our own government than we are of dying from a known killer virus. So mistrusting some are dying rather than taking it.

Pretty telling, I think.
I guess California has already planned for you dying. You would have the option of turning yourself into compost instead of cremation. To cut down on your rebellious pollution. :unsure:

This is the answer. The masks, shots, horse de-wormer are all just manifestations of a bigger problem. We’re being jerked around by “someone”, just not sure who.

”The media” is cashing the checks though, so they know who’s driving.

These days a media platform is as good as an army.

Pretty telling, I think.

This is the answer. The masks, shots, horse de-wormer are all just manifestations of a bigger problem. We’re being jerked around by “someone”, just not sure who.

”The media” is cashing the checks though, so they know who’s driving.

These days a media platform is as good as an army.
When this admin says jump facecrook, tweeter, amazon, ewetube, and the lib media jump. Why hasn't jobama and his press sec. been banned from social media?????? Everything that comes out of their mouths is misinformation. Where did all the fact checkers go? Why won't they acknowledge natural immunity as being the best immunity you can have? I am pretty sure who is jerking us around.

Why won't they acknowledge natural immunity as being the best immunity you can have?
Because that would require the maximum number of hospitalizations and deaths to obtain.

The point is to save lives, not kill everybody possible that would've died had they been infected by actually infecting them to see what would happen. There is literally no worse way to handle a pandemic medically than saying, "Well, let's just let everybody get infected and then the survivers will be immune anyway." You've done no good and saved no lives because you have to have ~80% of the population get sick to find out when the virus quits spreading.

There's no point in "natural herd immunity" when it took everybody getting sick to get there in the first place. That's not herd immunity, the virus just runs out of new hosts. That's a failure.

Because that would require the maximum number of hospitalizations and deaths to obtain.

The point is to save lives, not kill everybody possible that would've died had they been infected by actually infecting them to see what would happen. There is literally no worse way to handle a pandemic medically than saying, "Well, let's just let everybody get infected and then the survivers will be immune anyway." You've done no good and saved no lives because you have to have ~80% of the population get sick. There's no point in "natural herd immunity" when it took everybody getting sick to get there in the first place.
You make fauccii's virus sound like it has a worse fatality rate than Influenza???? I'm not dead and I have gotten both versions! Where I work they are getting off the vax to the max nonsense and giving real numbers on people that are vaxxed and still getting covid with all the same symptoms. The shots don't work! Some people know this and some people just believe everything the tv or their cellphone tells them.

I thought this threat was asking for people's experience not all kinds of nonsensical graphs and study's found on the interweb????

You make fauccii's virus sound like it has a worse fatality rate than Influenza???? I'm not dead and I have gotten both versions! Where I work they are getting off the vax to the max nonsense and giving real numbers on people that are vaxxed and still getting covid with all the same symptoms. The shots don't work! Some people know this and some people just believe everything the tv or their cellphone tells them.

I thought this threat was asking for people's experience not all kinds of nonsensical graphs and study's found on the interweb????
I thought you had immunity after you get it?

You got refused at a hospital. You know how bad that is? :ROFLMAO:

Read what I wrote. two versions/ variants. Now I have immunity from both. Don't know what you are referring to about getting refused at a hospital?

“The CDC also said one recent study showed that unvaccinated people who already had COVID-19 are more than twice as likely than fully vaccinated people to get COVID-19 again.”

I was vaccinated. I believe it was the best choice for me. I don't think the vaccine should be mandated but do believe it is a good idea for a large majority of adults to get it.

I've had contact with about 300 patients with COVID in the last 18 months. I've seen many people with no symptoms from COVID and watched others die. Every patient that I've seen with COVID in the last 6 months was unvaccinated. Almost all those who get severally ill or die from COVID are unvaccinated. Ask any person that you know who works in a hospital what percentage of those hospitalized with COVID currently are vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

The vaccine does have risks but the risk are small compared to the risks associated with COVID. Everyone should be free to decide for themselves the risks vs the benefits of the vaccine. Mandating or shamming people won't convince them to get vaccinated. Unfortunately this has been politicized from the start.

The shots don't work! Some people know this and some people just believe everything the tv or their cellphone tells them.

Claiming the COVID vaccines don't work isn't even a half truth. I've seen hundreds of patients with COVID. The vaccines work. They are not 100% effective but are more effective than the flu shot. If you don't want to get the vaccine I believe that is your choice.

Got mine today. I have been on the fence for awhile. I too believe it is every individuals choice. I think the FDA approval, and the fact that I am in my 50's with 2 teenagers weighed heavily on my decision. Also a couple of comments here about how severe their experience was.

Read what I wrote. two versions/ variants. Now I have immunity from both. Don't know what you are referring to about getting refused at a hospital?
I tried To read it.

Oh, and in your post 135 you mentioned your FIL not getting treatment because he wasn’t vaxxed. At least I think thats what you said.

Thats cool that you were tested both times AND they did the gene sequencing on your individual tests to determine your variant. Very unusual and probably a lot more expensive than the shot.

But hey, at least you have that immunity for the old variants. Just think, only 22 more to go. :ROFLMAO:

Certainly no arguing that you are more experienced in catching the ‘rona than most of us. :rolleyes:

Retired, but work part time with hundreds of teens and young adults. Me and wife got first shot last month and second shot two weeks ago - Pfizer. No side effects what so ever. Plus after the second jab they FDA approved it. Glad to have it.

Oh, and in your post 135 you mentioned your FIL not getting treatment because he wasn’t vaxxed. At least I think thats what you said.
That could actually be an example of how triage works in a crisis situation. There are various systems in place, but a common one is to focus efforts on those with critical injuries, but that are most likely to be saved. Some hospitals literally give a color code to each patient upon admission and treat accordingly.

An example could be a mass shooting event where a person with a chest wound isn't treated promptly because the doctors treated a gunshot wound to a lower abdomen first. The idea being that the lower abdomen victim should be the one to get attention because they had the highest likelihood of survival. It sometimes seems like the most sick should get help, but when resources are limited they focus on saving the most lives and they may feel they can save one life instead of risking two by taking up vital resources on somebody who is unlikely to survive anyway.

There are some ethicists right now questioning whether vaccinated people should get priority over unvaccinated people in overcrowded hospitals as they have a higher likelihood of survival.

I know a hospital in Texas floated that policy but I believe they withdrew it after public backlash. I don't know of anybody utilizing that right now, but it has been discussed. Clearly, I'm speaking generally as I have no knowledge of the specific event mentioned.

Here's an article on the Texas example... https://www.wired.com/story/would-it-be-fair-to-treat-vaccinated-covid-patients-first/

I saw that insurers are refusing coverage for treatment for the unvaxxed. I also read of premium increases for vax refusers, but don’t know how widespread (or legal) either is.

Ironic that the solution for these people seems to be a goobermint run health care system. Or a vet.

Whether for the shot, the hospital, or the free burial, the taxpayers get bent over again.

Last edited:
Good read:
It’s funny that you don’t reply when called out with facts, such as Grizzly and others have posted for you. You just come on and post links to jibberish. I think the only 2 variants you are immune to are common sense and logic.
The vaccine is a choice. Not much more can be said about it.

Good read:
LOTS of BS on the WEB that you would like to believe in and that goes both way with the Vac or un Vac.
Same as you we believe in more fact checking then just a political website. Hope before you run with any and all things that you read you do some fact check to see if it $hit thrown on the wall or really real information.

I like watching Karen videos on the web. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out who’s the Karen, the one filming, or the one being filmed. One video shows some teenagers hot rodding motorcycles in a field and the owner goes bizerk but seems justified.

I have not been vaccinated. I have been open-minded. I am leaning more towards getting it, but still very very unsure. Are you glad you did it, would you do it again. Are you getting the booster?
We got the Pfizer vac, wife got a bit tired on second dose All are family got Pfizer and all are doing fine.

I've been out for a while. Is that virus still floating around?
I've read the CDC link someone posted. Looks like the vast majority of folks who are not vaccinated are African Americans.

Also, the least amount of Covid deaths are from Asians. Imagine that. A disease that came from China...

I've read the CDC link someone posted. Looks like the vast majority of folks who are not vaccinated are African Americans.

Also, the least amount of Covid deaths are from Asians. Imagine that. A disease that came from China...
Thanks! I found a local story that sets it straight.

Yep its a bit ugly up here right now.
Here in Humboldt we had a 100 bed temporary over flow at the Fair grounds. They took it down in June and now they're crying there are no beds. They say they didn't have the staff for it anyway. So then why did they put it up in the first place?

On a lighter note Fish and Wildlife opened razor clam digging after a 5 year closure. I've heard of two clams dug. Where did they go?

Here in Humboldt we had a 100 bed temporary over flow at the Fair grounds. They took it down in June and now they're crying there are no beds. They say they didn't have the staff for it anyway. So then why did they put it up in the first place?

On a lighter note Fish and Wildlife opened razor clam digging after a 5 year closure. I've heard of two clams dug. Where did they go?
It's crazy I have some friends here who found a little hidden spit that they got clams on for a few days. They should be loaded!

I got my 2nd Moderna shot in February with no ill effects other than a sore shoulder for a couple days. My wife got her 2nd Moderna the same day and felt like crap for a couple days. I will get the booster shot for sure.

I've also heard "experts" say that the vaccine has played a role in the virus mutating to more vaccine resistant strains. Time will tell, I guess.

Who knows? It's all enough to make you want to pull your hair out.

I'm more aware now as I go about life. I avoid tight crowds if at all possible and wash my hands a lot more. I just think about it more.

One of my friends retired from the sawmill and the office invited me to come down and wish him well, so I did. Nobody was wearing masks and all the office ladies gave me a big hug. I was fine with it. :)
the vaccine will not cause the vaccine to mutate but the strains more "resistant" to the vaccine will be chosen as vaccinated people will fight off the more susceptible strains. but the mutations come during virus replication in infected individuals.

A young (under 50), heathy, unvax'd buddy just got Covid-19 and has been in ICU for over a week. Just went on a ventilator.

It's a choice, I agree, so do what you think best for you but forge ahead without fear either way.

I took the needle and I've been (and will be) enjoying my hunting plans this year. He didn't and isn't but maybe the shot wouldn't have worked for him anyway???

I don't care what you guys do (I believe in freedom) as long as I get to work, spend family time and hunt. I'm selfish that way!!!

Zeke

Is that you that’s been seen, late night strolling, flash lite toting, low tide beach combing, for the last five years eel?

Good friend that works and oversees a floor at a local hospital said ICU is fairly busy-with normal procedures. Running at about 75% capacity with over 90% non covid ICU patients. Covid cases are unchanged from a month ago, slight uptick in admissions is all.

I know of 7 people since this all started that were friends and family that tested positive, most were un-vaxxed, and 2 tested positive after being vaccinated- mild symptoms as well. All had mild flu like symptoms. Two of them just lost taste and smell for about a week. The only thing they went to the hospital for were for testing.

With razors isn’t not the clam you have to find, it’s the dimple. If you find the dimple, finding the clam is..........not so much.
We dug for similar ones in LI when I was a kid. We called them 'piss' clams, but they were actually soft-shell clams. They have a thingie that sticks out of the shell. If you stepped near where they were buried, they 'pissed' up through the sand. That's how we located them. They were mostly used for chowders & such. We ate the Little Necks raw, tho.

mortalityrisk.jpg

I wonder how many died from COPD in 2020?
From CDC website.
Chronic lower respiratory diseases (including asthma) deaths

• Number of deaths: 156,979
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 47.8
  • Cause of death rank: 4
Source: National Vital Statistics System – Mortality Data (2019) via CDC WONDER

Bronchitis (chronic and unspecified) deaths

• Number of deaths: 448
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 0.1

Emphysema deaths

• Number deaths: 7,272
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 2.2

Other chronic lower respiratory diseases (excluding asthma) deaths

• Number of deaths: 145,735
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 44.4

Is that for 2020?

So those 156K folks did not contact Covid? They died from COPD?
I think the most basic way to separate the two (other than previous lung scans) is that COPD does not generally cause a fever. Covid almost always causes fevers.
Not a doctor though, in the oil business. lol

Yeah, we need to find the 2020 numbers. I'm really curious to know now. I'm thinking if it is indeed 150Kish then these folks are really good at dodging C19. That or C19 isn't really that contagious...

I'm getting really tired of having friends getting sick and hospitalized when it could've been prevented with a simple shot. Just yesterday, another friend was put in the ICU.

A few weeks ago, an unvaccinated friend was unable to be with her mom as she passed away due to my friend being sick with COVID. The mom was vaccinated and passed due to an unrelated complication, but her daughter couldn't be with her or there to comfort her grieving father. It was torture.

A recent peer-reviewed study published in The Lancet of over 1.2 million people from December 2020 to July 2021 found the odds of a breakthrough infection was only .2% and only 6% of those were symptomatic. Vaccinations work and nobody wins with all the fake news going around about them.

Yeah, we need to find the 2020 numbers. I'm really curious to know now. I'm thinking if it is indeed 150Kish then these folks are really good at dodging C19. That or C19 isn't really that contagious...
Any chance you spend as much time looking for information about how contagious COVID is as you do looking for information hoping to show it isn't?

A few weeks ago, an unvaccinated friend was unable to be with her mom as she passed away due to my friend being sick with COVID. The mom was vaccinated and passed due to an unrelated complication, but her daughter couldn't be with her or there to comfort her grieving father. It was torture.
Maybe if she had been vaccinated she would have gotten covid anyway but not known it, or only felt a little under the weather and went to see her mom and infected a bunch of other people who may have died.

Rutgers is denying attendance for a kid who isn't vaccinated. He wanted to attend Rutgers via a virtual classroom.

Must be a new way of electron transmission of the virus.

Rutgers is denying attendance for a kid who isn't vaccinated. He wanted to attend Rutgers via a virtual classroom.

brings the vaccine program into focus......

And we find out today via a foia document release, that Fauci did in fact lie under oath to congress. Rand Paul was right. They used our tax dollars to infect us with a virus that they created in the lab, that killed millions and destroyed the world economy. And no one will ever be held accountable. We're so screwed

This woman nearly died....she is in our town. She and her husband came over last night and we got to talking about her PTSD and fear of living with/through COVID. She still needs an inhaler and oxygen at times. She is still jacked up from it. The bad thing is that they've called 6 different doctors and 3 of them have said to get the vaccine and 3 have said not to because it could kill her. The fact is, most doctors have opinions still....not true facts on HOW to treat patients post-COVID. Pretty sad.

I am not vaccinated but have an appointment tomorrow to get my first shot. I will probably go through with it.

Thi$ is just another example that I believe there i$"underlying" reason$ they want a$ many vaxxed as po$$ible.

Last edited:
I don’t really see any point of getting the vaccine in my situation, my whole close and extended family is very healthy and so am I. I have a higher chance of dying from the vaccine itself than I do from getting the virus. Plus I don’t have a ounce of trust in the government.
The hospitals are full of people like you. Almost 99 percent of them are unvacinated. Did you flunk math ? Good luck to you and your family. My extended family talked just like you. Seven of them wound up in the hospital. They all survived but their cumulative hospital bill was over a half million.

And we find out today via a foia document release, that Fauci did in fact lie under oath to congress. Rand Paul was right. They used our tax dollars to infect us with a virus that they created in the lab, that killed millions and destroyed the world economy. And no one will ever be held accountable. We're so screwed
A King asked the royal weather forecaster the forecast for next few hours. The palace meteorologist assured him that there was no chance of rain.

So the King and the Queen went fishing. On the way, they met a man with a fishing pole riding on a donkey, and the king asked the man if the fish were biting.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge rainstorm."

The King replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an educated and experienced professional. Besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast . I trust him."

So the King and Queen continued on their way. However, in a short time, torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked.

Furious, the King returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the meteorologist. Then he summoned the fisherman and offered him the prestigious position of royal forecaster.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey.

If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."

So the king hired the donkey.

And so began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions of government. And thus, the symbol of the Democrat party was born. The practice is unbroken to this day.

A King asked the royal weather forecaster the forecast for next few hours. The palace meteorologist assured him that there was no chance of rain.

So the King and the Queen went fishing. On the way, they met a man with a fishing pole riding on a donkey, and the king asked the man if the fish were biting.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge rainstorm."

The King replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an educated and experienced professional. Besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast . I trust him."

So the King and Queen continued on their way. However, in a short time, torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked.

Furious, the King returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the meteorologist. Then he summoned the fisherman and offered him the prestigious position of royal forecaster.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey.

And so began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions of government. And thus, the symbol of the Democrat party was born. The practice is unbroken to this day.
Cool story but we live in a Republic with a so called "democracy" Kings can fire corrupt or incompetent people. No-one ever gets fired in our system, no matter the level of corruption, incompetence or stupidity.

Don't pull a muscle reaching like that.

Maybe if she had been vaccinated she would have gotten covid anyway but not known it, or only felt a little under the weather and went to see her mom and infected a bunch of other people who may have died.
A bunch of "maybes" there, but we know that if her family was vaccinated they would've had a decreased likelihood of getting sick in the first place. She was in my office today and told me flat out that she's getting vaccinated as soon as she can because she "can't go through that again."

Another one of my employees attended a baby shower for her friend 10 days ago. Her friend was infected with Rona at her own baby shower (along with a handful of other women there) and had her symptoms get progressively worse over this last weekend. The friend has her baby due in November but was just Life Flighted to a larger hospital in SLC and put in the ICU.

My brother is working in an ICU in Orlando right now and there are three unvaccinated women currently ventilated that he believes won't survive who had they're babies delivered early in an attempt to save the baby. These mother's will never hold their own child and these babies will grow up without a mom.

These are preventable. Vaccinated people aren't dying at the rate of unvaccinated. That's indisputable.

Don't take my word for it, walk into your local ICU and ask to talk to the doctor there about who they're treating and who they aren't.

That’s funny. Another confirmation of my bias.

The hospitals are full of people like you. Almost 99 percent of them are unvacinated. Did you flunk math ? Good luck to you and your family. My extended family talked just like you. Seven of them wound up in the hospital. They all survived but their cumulative hospital bill was over a half million.
Alright I’ve got a update for yall, my dad got home from a trip to Alaska a couple weeks ago and he brought home covid and in turn I got it too and so did the rest of my siblings but my mom somehow didn’t get it (even though there was no physical distancing) but now we are all recovered from it without having to go to the hospital once. Hindsight none of us decided that they would rather have got the vaccine instead of getting covid, after all antibodies are better than any vaccine to ever exist.

Alright I’ve got a update for yall, my dad got home from a trip to Alaska a couple weeks ago and he brought home covid and in turn I got it too and so did the rest of my siblings but my mom somehow didn’t get it (even though there was no physical distancing) but now we are all recovered from it without having to go to the hospital once. Hindsight none of us decided that they would rather have got the vaccine instead of getting covid, after all antibodies are better than any vaccine to ever exist.
I agree.....but you'll get push back....
Liberal ICU docs will insist you still need a vaccine.....mostly because they have Moderna and Pfizer in their portfolio....

Glad you guys got thru it.

How long ago did you have covid?

There are millions of people who feel the same way but for some reason they never get interviewed by the media.

I’ve got an update too. I’m middle age, perfectly healthy and just recovering from this crap, spent the worst 16 days of my life fighting it. Two trips to the hospital, 6 days on oxygen and if it would have ramped up one more notch, I’m not sure I’d be here telling my story.
Four of us caught it, two were vaccinated and had what felt like minor flu. Two of us without shots got our a$$ handed to us, so you just never know and I realize the shot isn’t a cure all but That’s enough to make me wish I’d gotten the jab.

I’ve got an update too. I’m middle age, perfectly healthy and just recovering from this crap, spent the worst 16 days of my life fighting it. Two trips to the hospital, 6 days on oxygen and if it would have ramped up one more notch, I’m not sure I’d be here telling my story.
Four of us caught it, two were vaccinated and had what felt like minor flu. Two of us without shots got our a$$ handed to us, so you just never know and I realize the shot isn’t a cure all but That’s enough to make me wish I’d gotten the jab.
so....do you think you need the vaccine now??

I’m told the antibodies from the covid are the ticket and from what I understand, you should wait awhile on getting shots after having the virus, so as for now I won’t bother with shots but I’ll take the advice of a doctor as to if or when I should get the vaccine.
Like I said, I don’t know that shots are the savior but they can’t be any worse than what I experienced.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom