Vaccine Side Effects

Which version of COVID vaccine did you get?

• Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Moderna

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • Still waiting to get vaccinated

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Not getting vaccinated

Votes: 49 38.0%

• Total voters
So?

You're Taking Un-Proven Vaccines without knowing anything on the Outcome?

Ya See all these New Vaccines/Medicines Come Out & 3-6 Months Down the Road the Law Suits Start & Alot of them are Yanked off the Market!
I'm not going to try and convince you of what to do, or expect you to justify your medical decisions. How about you extend the same courtesy of personal freedom to others?

I had no significant side effects from the Pfizer vaccine a couple months ago. I'm in health care and know of hundreds of people that have been vaccinated. The J&J vaccine seems to have the less side effects but it is just one shot. Some people experience side effects with the second shot of Pfizer or Moderna. I know a handful of people out of a couple hundred that had flu like symptoms about 12 hours after their booster shot. Symptoms go away after 12 to 24 hours for most. Some people get a very sore arm from the vaccine but that can happen with the flu shot, Tetnus, etc.

I don't think the government should mandate vaccines and everything we do has risks and benefits. Overall, I think the risk of the vaccine is much lower than the risks associated with COVID. The vaccines have been shown to be highly effective in preventing COVID and it is making me very optimistic that this pandemic is winding down.

Last edited:
The old ball and chain is a teacher. She got both shots,Moderna. Nothing but a sore arm. Her boss said she felt like she got hit by a train after the 1nd shot so who knows?

I got the moderna one. No real noticeable side effects. Maybe my arm hurt a little longer than a flu shot. I get my second in a little over a week.

Wife got the same shot. The second one made her more grouchy than usual and put her down for a day. I’m a little scared because she’s way tougher than me.

Wife and I received our second shot of the Moderna vaccine over a week ago. I had no side effects on both shots, not even a sore arm. Wife had no side effects on first shot. On second shot the day after she had the side effect of feeling real tired and that went away in about 24 hours.
None of our friends that also received the Moderna vaccine had any side effects.
RELH

Wife got both shots of Pfizer, no noticeable side effects except slightly sore arm. She had to get vaccinated due to overseas travel plans. I may or may not get vaccinated, have not decided yet. Not in any hurry.

I got the J&J. I had covid like symptoms for two days afterward and didn’t feel great for about five days.

Two possibilities:
1. I had a reaction to the adenovirus style J&J (It’s not a mRNA vaccine.
2. I got a mild case of Coronavirus about the time I got the vaccine.

Oh I Do!

You're Gonna Do Whatever You're Gonna Do & That's Fine By Me!

But When You Start Babbling Your BS about the World is Just Fine & Still Spinning is What Gets Me!

You've surely got a Few Kids/Grandkids to Think about the Future of them,Right?

Everything is one way or in another is Related to the Political BS that goes on in today's World!

One Day it'll Sink in,Well Maybe!

I'd Bet You're one that is against The Wall Being Built & Enforced?

It Ain't a Perfect World grizzly!

Never Has Been!

Never Will Be!

I'm not going to try and convince you of what to do, or expect you to justify your medical decisions. How about you extend the same courtesy of personal freedom to others?

Moderna for me. Sore are on the first shot and flu-like symptoms for a day and a half on the second.

700181C2-EB4C-4A1A-8932-CC9F397E05B9.jpeg

Pfizer and sore arm on first and felt like got hit by train on 2nd. The effects lasted less then 24 hours on 2nd dose. Now back to my honey-do list.

ITS AN EASY DECISION, 550,000 DEAD WITH OUT THE VACCINE, AND COUNTING. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO DO, DONT FIGHT MODERN CHEMISTRY...........UNLESS YOUR SOME KIND OF A DOCTOR. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YD.

We moved my 90 year old MIL out of the senior living center into our home, because of the high positivity rate and number of deaths. Rather be safe than sorry with her. She, and wife and I all got the Pfizer when it was offered to the residents. Both shots and no reactions to any of them. Not even sore arms, like a flu shot.

I doubt the vaccine had anything to do with Bell’s palsy
Just saying
In trials, Moderna reported Bells Palsy in .0099% of participations. Pfizer reported Bells Palsy in .0091% of participants. All but two of those cases were greater than 21 days post-injection. The odds of an American getting Bells Palsy in any given year is .01%... so actually slightly greater than those that received a vaccine, though statically insignificant.

Long story short, the odds of the above individual's Bells Palsy being a side-effect of the vaccine is highly unlikely.

The fact of the matter is that with over a hundred million doses given to Americans in the last 60 days, some of them are going to have naturally-occuring medical events around the same time. Whether they get a shot or not.

Fully vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine. A little off and sore after the first shot. Second shot put me in bed for a day and a half with fever, chills, fatigue, the whole gamut of symptoms. Expected this, and while not pleasant, I knew it was a sign my immune system was ramping up, and knew it would end soon. Glad I got vaccinated.
In general, there are more side effects with Moderna, and it is the most effective vaccine. Pfizer is a close second, with generally mild side effects. J+J is the least effective in keeping you from contracting covid, but does an excellent job attenuating the disease and making it a non-event for most.
Different technology is the various vaccines, but well understood and a tribute to modern medicine.
Bill

In trials, Moderna reported Bells Palsy in .0099% of participations. Pfizer reported Bells Palsy in .0091% of participants. All but two of those cases were greater than 21 days post-injection. The odds of an American getting Bells Palsy in any given year is .01%... so actually slightly greater than those that received a vaccine, though statically insignificant.

Long story short, the odds of the above individual's Bells Palsy being a side-effect of the vaccine is highly unlikely.

The fact of the matter is that with over a hundred million doses given to Americans in the last 60 days, some of them are going to have naturally-occuring medical events around the same time. Whether they get a shot or not.
Yep

Got the double dose...sore arm and little flu like on second. I have noticed that I have a really strong urge to fall in love with fire hydrants , chase cars, crawl under the bed during thunderstorms and howl at the moon little more than usual.

Pfiser, slight soreness 1st shot for about 6hours, nothing the 2nd.

the Master has His reasons, life is His to give or take.

One left to go. Get your shots, it is better than what could happen if you catch the virus. I have friends who hit the hospital and they didnt have a good time.

Pfizer. No pain, a bit of a headache and upset stomach for a day.

Do what you want. My piece of mind is good to go. My guess is those who are bullet proof are ...... until they are not.

Best wishes for everyone.

I’d rather trust my immune system and its 99.8% survival rate, than be a test lab rat.
I don't think anyone should be government mandated to take the vaccine. I can understand if you want to wait a little while to see how everyone else does with the vaccine. At this point we do have solid data that shows the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine. We also have solid data that shows the risk of death from COVID and complications of COVID suffered by survivors.

Even if you don't have any major medical conditions and your risk of death from COVID is only 1 in 500, those are not odds I would risk. Some people with more serious health conditions may have 1 in 10 odds of dying if they get COVID. Everything we do in life has risk and benefits. The risk of serious illness and potential death from COVID is high. The risk of serious complications from any of the vaccines is low. I'm biased though because I've watched many people with COVID die so you antivaxxers can take what I say with a grain of salt.

Moderna and got paid to take it. Zero symptoms on either but in the interest of full disclosure, I did get a pretty healthy prescription from Dr. Feelgood afterwards, so maybe didn't notice??

for many, many people that get covid, they barely have signs of a cold, sore throat. You don’t even know you have it. For me, I had a headache for a few days, coldish. If I’ve had it, and built immunity by having it, why would I need a shot to protect me? I’m not anti vax, I just don’t believe that it’s safe when it was rushed and hasn’t been around long enough to see the effects.
I agree at this point we have solid data. 75% of those with severe cases are older, over weight with underlying conditions like heart disease, diabetes, ect. Those that fall into that category probably should. The average age of death from covid is also older, near average life expectancy. The data also shows most younger adults in good health have a very good chance of not having a severe case. Of course there are a few that will have a severe case, die, but that’s very few. I’m not opposed to those who want to get the shot, my dad got his first shot last week. He’s one that probably needs it. It made him sick for a few days, felt better, Then was rushed to the ER with a bad case of pneumonia and is in bad shape. Coincidence? Who knows.... All we can do is what we think is best.

Right On booty!

Best of Luck with Your Dad & Hope He makes a Quick Recovery!

On a Not So Serious Note:

If You Need Help with Ms Booty While You're taking care of Your Dad Just Let Me Know!:D

Moderna....Nothing from the first one. 2nd one is next week. From reading the 2nd one gives stronger side effects.

My wife is still trying to decide. She's 72 and has never had a cold or the flu, ever. It's weird. Even her doctor doesn't believe her. I told her if it's not broke don't fix it.

Eel if your wife never had a cold or the flu, it is one of two things. She may have a very strong immune system or you are keeping her locked up and not allowing her out in the public.:ROFLMAO:

RELH, she first noticed it in 1958 when the Asian Flu hit. She was 10 and her mom ended up in the hospital, her dad missed a week of work, and her sister missed a week of school. She never even got the sniffles and her and her sister shared the same bed because it was only a two bedroom house.

Both me and our daughter got colds a couple times a year. Nothing for her, ever. She worked a couple years at the junior college around all those sick kids and never so much as a sneeze. It's pretty bizarre.

True. She's more afraid of the side affects she hears about than the virus.
My bride was also reluctant at first but got her first Moderna shot about a week ago and gets the 2nd in a couple weeks. Nothing more than a bit of a sore arm the next day, and she is a diabetic & has blood pressure problems. She actually got it more to protect me rather than herself since she's basically the only one that comes into the house, and I never leave it. :cool:

for many, many people that get covid, they barely have signs of a cold, sore throat. You don’t even know you have it. For me, I had a headache for a few days, coldish. If I’ve had it, and built immunity by having it, why would I need a shot to protect me? I’m not anti vax, I just don’t believe that it’s safe when it was rushed and hasn’t been around long enough to see the effects.
I agree at this point we have solid data. 75% of those with severe cases are older, over weight with underlying conditions like heart disease, diabetes, ect. Those that fall into that category probably should. The average age of death from covid is also older, near average life expectancy. The data also shows most younger adults in good health have a very good chance of not having a severe case. Of course there are a few that will have a severe case, die, but that’s very few. I’m not opposed to those who want to get the shot, my dad got his first shot last week. He’s one that probably needs it. It made him sick for a few days, felt better, Then was rushed to the ER with a bad case of pneumonia and is in bad shape. Coincidence? Who knows.... All we can do is what we think is best.
You have a good point that many people will not get very sick from COVID.. I know many people that got COVID that didn't get that sick. However, it is worse than the flu for most people. I've seen many people die from COVID and others get severely ill. My wife is in top physical shape and less than 40 years old. She did a full IronMan (2.4 miles swim, 112 mile bike followed by 26.2 mile run) and a year later gets COVID and it was the sickest she has ever been. If she had not been in top physical shape it could have killed her.

I'll stand my my statement that the risk of serious complications from the vaccine is low. The risk of serious complications and death from COVID is high. You should do some more research or ask medical people you trust if you don't want to get the vaccine. The vaccines have been studied very well and there is plenty of data that proves how safe and effective they are. They are much more effective than I would have guessed 9 months ago. Other vaccines like Tetanus have side effects that are unpleasant as well.

I'll also stand by my statement that the government should not mandate the vaccine or make life difficult for those who choose not to get the vaccine. Just like the parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids are protected from "herd immunity" all the people that refuse the COVID vaccine will benefit from herd immunity. However, there are going to still be thousands of people that die because they delay or refuse the vaccine.

Sorry about your dads pneumonia. I hope he gets better soon.

So?

Anybody know the Long Term Affects of the Vaccine?

Now if that Ain't a Dumb F'N Question!

Thousands & Thousands of Dead Americans & Not One GAWD-DAMNED Thing Done To China!

They Are Showing us People Just a little of what they Could & Can Do to us!

You Think The Current President is Gonna Do anything about it?

Ive got a masters degree in public health and a PhD in physiology.

Im one of those medical people who has chosen not to take the vaccine based on my knowledge of how the vaccine was developed and the relative low risk of c-19.

There are far too many variables to consider with respect to how serious c-19 may (or may not) be with any single person to pose generalized statements that seem to apply to all.

So?

Thousands & Thousands of Dead Americans & Not One GAWD-DAMNED Thing Done To China!

No we don't but we know of long term consequences of people that get severely ill from COVID. Don't trust me or anyone on an Internet forum for medical advice. Ask your doctor or some medical people you trust if you are unsure about getting the vaccine.

This whole pandemic was a mess. The media and unconstitutional mandates forced on citizens were terrible. Governor Cuomo being applauded for his handling of the pandemic in New York with his terrible nursing home policy while Trump being demonized by the media was pathetic. China is literally getting away with murder on this whole COVID mess. President Biden isn't going to do anything to China beside help support them like he and Hillary did in the past.

So?

Isn't there some anti-China forum you can join so we can have a conversation without you trying to spin everything back to China?

We know you're not going to get the vaccine. Fine. But other people have chosen to, or are considering it, and would like to discuss the side-effects.

Your anger and resentment only hurts you... and everybody that has to keep reading about it. Nobody in China cares.

Last edited:
Ive got a masters degree in public health and a PhD in physiology.

Im one of those medical people who has chosen not to take the vaccine based on my knowledge of how the vaccine was developed and the relative low risk of c-19.

There are far too many variables to consider with respect to how serious c-19 may (or may not) be with any single person to pose generalized statements that seem to apply to all.

Would you recommend most people shouldn't get the vaccine?

You have had a chance to look at all the data and it is very clear the risk of the vaccine is lower than getting COVID and suffering consequences.

Personally I don't want to be responsible for telling people it is ok not to get the vaccine and then find out a few months latter that person dies from COVID. I agree this vaccine was rushed but the risk is worth the benefit. I know at least 100 doctors and several hundred nurses and I'm not aware of one health care professional that I personally know that has declined the vaccine. I know some that were hesitant and waited a couple extra weeks but everyone I know in health care has had the vaccine. My hospital has 10% of the COVID patients that it did at its peak a few months ago and I'm optimistic this pandemic is coming to an end. The vaccine that Trump helped create a political environment for rapid development has been a our most effective weapon against COVID.

Last edited:
Isn't there some anti-China forum you can join so we can have a conversation without you trying to spin everything back to China?

We know you're not going to get the vaccine. Fine. But other people have chosen to, or are considering it, and would like to discuss the side-effects.

Your resentment is only hurting you... and everybody that has to keep reading about it.

China isn't our friend. They have proved it time and time again. China still indoctrinates its citizens that Mao was a great leader. That would be like Germany in 2021 telling all of its citizens how great Hitler was. There are many great Chinese citizens and Chinese Americans are some of the best people in our great country. China's government is something totally different and is not good for US citizens.

China isn't our friend. They have proved it time and time again. China still indoctrinates its citizens that Mao was a great leader. That would be like Germany in 2021 telling all of its citizens how great Hitler was. There are many great Chinese citizens and Chinese Americans are some of the best people in our great country. China's government is something totally different and is not good for US citizens.
That's fine and I never said they were our friends. But this isn't the forum to rehash that. I'm sure some people would like to stay on topic and not dive into geopolitical superpowers and presidential pi$$ing contests as in post #63.

According to this article, in a survey of 3,000 physicians, over 95% have been vaccinated. It's hard to get 95% of 3,000 people to agree on anything, but they appear to agree on the vaccine.

Would you recommend most people shouldn't get the vaccine?

You have had a chance to look at all the data and it is very clear the risk of the vaccine is lower than getting COVID and suffering consequences.

Personally I don't want to be responsible for telling people it is ok not to get the vaccine and then find out a few months latter that person dies from COVID. I agree this vaccine was rushed but the risk is worth the benefit. My hospital has 10% of the COVID patients that it did at its peak a few months ago and I'm optimistic this pandemic is coming to an end. The vaccine that Trump helped create a political environment for rapid development has been a our most effective weapon against COVID.
I dont recommend anything; I am (was) a health care scientist, not a healthcare provider.

I disagree with your second paragraph.

I dont recommend anything; I am (was) a health care scientist, not a healthcare provider.

I disagree with your second paragraph.
You have a right to disagree and I don't doubt your intelligence. When something like this is rushed, there are elevated risks. I just don't want to be responsible for telling someone that it is OK not to get the vaccine and then find out they die from COVID a few months later. I've already seen to many people die from COVID.

So grizzly?

Now You Don't Think China Should Pay!

Thought You were gonna Put Me on Ignore?

You Don't Have a F'N Clue of what I Might or Might Not do!

You're Right about one F'N Thing!

Nobody in China Cares!

Your anger and resentment only hurts you... and everybody that has to keep reading about it. Nobody in China cares.

So grizzly?

Now You Don't Think China Should Pay!

Thought You were gonna Put Me on Ignore?

You Don't Have a F'N Clue of what I Might or Might Not do!

You're Right about one F'N Thing!

Nobody in China Cares!
I only have two people on Ignore and you ain't one of them. I like our little banterings ?? and it's okay that we disagree on things. I think it's pretty clear that I'm all for defending positions and having conversations, but there are two people that I simply don't respect enough to waste my time on.

PS. Go back up and reread my posts, I never once defended China or said you were wrong in your beliefs. All I asked is that we be able to have a constructive conversation about vaccine side-effects without you trying to turn it to China. Regardless of what you think about the virus, China is not causing the side-effects. Heck, Operation Warp Speed made miraculous progress trying to thwart the virus, lets stick on the tools invented for that purpose for a bit.

But, feel free to start a thread on China releasing the virus. It just doesn't have to be under this topic.

Sorry For the China Rants grizzly!

But Do You Realize what a Problem We've Created with These BASTARDS?

The Problems are So Big We can't Fix them!

My Dad Told Me all My Life He'd Be More afraid of China than any other Thing on Earth!

He said 100's of Times They Could Wipe This World out without Firing a Shot!

When I Was Younger I Didn't really Think about it that much!

The Ole Man Was Right!

And I've thought about it for many Years Now!

Do You Realize what they could do if they wanted to?

And I'll Clue you in!

They Want To!

We're all good @elkassassin!

Back to the topic at hand... I'm surprised at the number of Moderna shots here. It must be geographic or something.

I know one person that has had Moderna, one that has had J&J and probably two dozen that have had Pfizer.

Me left arm was so sore after my Pfizer shot that I couldn't lift it to touch my right shoulder that evening. Hopefully that doesn't mean I'm going to get a strong reaction from the 2nd dose, too.

And...................!

I'm Not against Anybody Doing what they Want!

They Want the Shot Fine!

If they Don't Want the Shot Fine!

I Just Don't like the Government Scaring People in this Country!

We Should Be Doing Things in this Country To Make Americans Proud again!

Bessie, I keep getting set back in class. (sigh) I guess I need a tutor.
Will you or can you tell me the origins of the primary vaccine? As a medical professional, I would love to hear your commentary. And I mean the history of how this vaccine came to us and at what date was it available but not dispersible to humans. As a health care scientist, and not a practitioner, your thoughts would be interesting.

Learn Chinese, buy a big hat and keep it pulled low while you ride your bike to the fish market. Cause sadly we're headed that direction.

I dont like the rushed nature of the development process. Steps were allowed to process simultaneously (but, supposedly, not skipped) which isnt normal protocol.

I forget how many people were in trial groups, but even that procedure (to gather/evaluate subjects) was rushed.

SARS, MERS, ebola.....

I get that a lot of money was shoved towards development, but altering established procedure for a virus with such a high survival rate puzzles me.

I got Pfitzer after getting it I started rolling my arm around for the twenty minutes that we wait for side effects so my arm was not sore but I did get a little bit sick to my stomach the first night nothing on the second shot.
I am not sure why everyone is so afraid of this vaccine. I look at it this way I would rather have a heart operation with today's technology than 1970's technology. Yes it was rushed, but by some of our best scientists.

The VA conducted a clinic here with the goal of vaccinating 100 veterans with the J&J jab. I was told I wasn't eligible for a shot due to no risk factors and too young. They called while I was eating lunch and told to come on down as they had 4 extra doses and no veterans in line.
Had zero side affects, not even a sore arm.

I don't believe you should be required to get a vaccine but after having been through the Army and deployed, I have gotten shots for stuff I don't even know what all was in it. It doesn't concern me and I want to travel across borders.

Nemont

I got the J&J. I had covid like symptoms for two days afterward and didn’t feel great for about five days.

Two possibilities:
1. I had a reaction to the adenovirus style J&J (It’s not a mRNA vaccine.
2. I got a mild case of Coronavirus about the time I got the vaccine.
Yes that true on your thought.

My personal choice is that I do not plan to get the vaccine.
However it may come to a point that it is mandated because I travel for work. In that case, I may not have a choice unless I’m open to a career change.
I would possibly entertain getting vaccinated if they came out & said that I wouldn’t have to wear these Fing masks if I got the shot.

A person should not be shamed into getting a shot and vice versa.

Personally already had covid so I don't need it. If i didnt get covid i would still say no to it. I am young and healthy. Give my shot to someone who needs it.

A person should not be shamed into getting a shot and vice versa.

Personally already had covid so I don't need it. If i didnt get covid i would still say no to it. I am young and healthy. Give my shot to someone who needs it.
I just dont understand why some people get all sweaty mad about people who dont want to get the vaccine. I truly do not give .02 if people get it or not. Do whatever you want.
Your body - Your choice right? Seems like I've heard that somewhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom