Vacuum Sealer.... Which one?

elks96

Long Time Member
I have an older hand me down cabbalas unit. It works ok but I feel like the pump is heading down hill etc.

What should I get? What are you using? I want to buy it once and use it for 15 years on everything!!!

I hope you get some good advice on this post because I'm with you. I had a cheap one that halfway worked for a couple years. Bought a more expensive one, Food Saver I think. It half-way works. Half the time, packages leak within a few minutes and have to do it again...and again.

I usee Food Saver. A trick I use to keep leeeaks away is a strip of paper towel after the steaks. This keeps blood from getting to the seal. I also do 2 seal strips a 1/4 inch apart on each end.

I usee Food Saver. A trick I use to keep leeeaks away is a strip of paper towel after the steaks. This keeps blood from getting to the seal. I also do 2 seal strips a 1/4 inch apart on each end.
I'll give that a try on my next batch.

Weston bar none the best it has two motors instead of one like most. My buddy and I both bought them and they are not all that cheap but they do the best job. Our fish is still good after two years in the freezer. Even Salmon after a year is still good to go. $450 and buy their bags and you won't be sorry....
Buy the best and you only buy once........

vacmaster, went a chamber vacuum and it is far better than the cheaper vac sealers. I do soups and sauces easily. They are a bit pricey however.

a bit pricey but bags are wayyyy cheaper and you don't have to worry about water messing up the seal. Heck you can vacuum pack a bag of water if you want to.

it does it in a chamber. Sucks all the air out of the chamber then seals the bag. Sometimes if the liquid is too warm it will boil. They don't require the special mesh like vacuum bags either which is why the bags are so much cheaper. $80 for 1000 10"x13" 4mil bags.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom