Valle Vidal Worth getting a Bear tag?

nmyotebuster

Evening Gents!

My daughter drew a cow tag for VV, and I saw that if you have an elk tag, then she can carry a bear tag for the same weapon allowance as well.

Is the bear population up there worth getting a tag for her?

I hope to be getting up there a couple times before her hunt which is the end of Oct - beginning of November to do some scouting, and maybe fish a bit.

Any info Appreciated!!!

Thanks All, Good Luck on your hunts this year,

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

When i drew the muzzie hunt in 2007. i was excited to harvest a bear up there. when i was scouting in august (i went 2 weekends) i seen bears all over. one even came in my camp and ate all the food in my cooler. he even ate the blue ice packs. so i was pumped. when i went scouting in september. i talked to a bunch of archery hunters, who had not seen any. i was up there scouting, hunting and helping a youth hunter for 16 days and never seen one. not even a track.

but, you never know!

Thanks HAZMATT,

If I don't buy a tag, we are guaranteed to see dozens.

If I do buy one, all of the bears will migrate to cozumel.

We may just get a tag for grins and giggles.

Thanks,

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have some killer spots there! i will send you a pm with my contact info, if your interested.

Got your PM.

I will give you a call this week some time.

THANKS!!!

in Classifieds A guy has maps for sale for Valle Vidal

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I wouldn't waste money for that bear tag- just my .02

If it were an early hunt, like archery, yeah get a tag. By the time you are going to be there, they should be denned up.

Best of luck to your daughter on the hunt, enjoy the time together.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom