Valle Vidal

RdRdrFan

I drew a late September archery elk tag in the Valle Vidal. I'm not against hiring an outfitter but the question is.......is it necessary? Since this is a once in a lifetime tag I want to make the most of it.

Who would you recommend there? FWIW, I was in the guide pool so I already have to pay someone to be there for 2 days.

If you were in the outfitter pool, you are supposed to go with the outfitter you contracted with. A signed contract is to be in place prior to applying with said outfitter. Odd that you are asking for a guide? Your outfitter should be permitted in the VV or you had no business applying for that tag.

>If you were in the outfitter
>pool, you are supposed to
>go with the outfitter you
>contracted with. A signed contract
>is to be in place
>prior to applying with said
>outfitter. Odd that you are
>asking for a guide? Your
>outfitter should be permitted in
>the VV or you
>had no business applying for
>that tag.

I am fulfilling the terms of my signed contract with my guide by hunting with him for at least two days. I may hunt with him longer. I may hunt with a different guide after the first two days. I may hunt alone after my first two days. I'm just measuring my options to maximize this opportunity.

>Great tag. Best of luck.

Thanks.

In the process of reading everything I can I keep hearing about how many bears there are in the Valle Vidal. Is it an OTC tag for bears there?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-17 AT 08:56AM (MST)[p]Look at the regulations. I believe you can hunt bears if you buy the license and the quota hasn't been met.

I've got a bear tag for August.

I've got first season archery at VV so I checked the 505 website and they don't appear to focus on this area

+1 to Tega - My completely green buddy took a 6x6 Monday morning, after having plenty of shot opportunities both days before that. Be sure to train your lungs. Worth the $$.

>+1 to Tega - My completely
>green buddy took a 6x6
>Monday morning, after having plenty
>of shot opportunities both days
>before that. Be sure to
>train your lungs. Worth the
>$$.

Thanks for all the Recs on Tega, confident he is going to help my son and I have a great time and an awesome hunt

After the kill with Tega pack your crap and get the hell out of there quickly. Because if you start celebrating especially if Charles is around they may take you on horse back over the mountain and end up in Colorado at some bar and it may last a few days. Lol. Good luck on your hunt your in good hands with these guys.
Regards, Geno

LAST EDITED ON May-01-17 AT 07:49PM (MST)[p]+1 Tega

Bowdeadly, hummm some how I know this to be true!

Tega, were you with USO on The Cortonwood Ranch in 2004?

Good luck
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Joe,
Yes I was with USO in 2004. Did some hunts on the Cottonwood, but most across the fence in Valle Vidal.
Tega

Hi Tega52 it was nice talking with you, here are some pictures from The Cottonwood Ranch in 2004!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2017/52614image.jpeg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2017/29300image.jpeg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2017/59256image.jpeg

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2017/781image.jpeg

Please post some pictures if you can

Thanks again

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

That Tega guy knows his stuff CUZ taught him everything he knows
But not everything I know
He is a work in progress

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom