Vallecito Campground GMU 751

PacificFork

Heading to GMU 751 Vallecito Lake this week. Can anyone tell me in the Vallecito Campground at the trail head into the wilderness is usually full for 3rd season? Will I have a spot set up a small base camp or will I have to check the other camp grounds around the lake? I am hiking into the wilderness to spike camp the first 4 days of the season, unless this storm calls for feet of snow coming... Thanks in advance.

BTW for some reason the USFS says this campground is now closed but I dont think thats right...

Can't help you with Vallacito, but be advised that lots of campgrounds and facilities around here are closed. For whatever reason.

I was there for 2nd season and if I remember correctly everything was locked. ( we have a cabin on the lake ). Saw doe EVERYWHERE, but only 4 bucks in 9 days of hunting. 3 of them were forks, and the other a wide 3x3 that never gave my daughter a shot. The few deer we saw harvested/hanging in camps were forks too. The unit is very “if it’s brown it’s down”. Good luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom