Valley Vidal elk youth

hayden3006

Does anyone have any recommendations on outfitters. I am thinking about taking my son on a guided hunt. Any help would be great!

thanks.

Call me.
Robert Ortega
United States Outfitters
575-770-2441
I've been guiding hunts in Valle Vidal for the last 20 years.

Yep Tega gets the nod. I hunted with him and Tiny aka Nate last sept. They will put you on the elk. Or if you hunt with Nate it will be mountain goats in the nose bleed sections of the unit. JKD great guys that will treat you right. Ask for the frito pie.

Tega is your guy with USO. With the youth hunt being the last rifle bull hunt, it certainly is a lot more challenging for young hunters. Even so, Tega can get you on bulls.

I do not know Tega well but when we have been lucky enough to draw that tag he was cool and provided help. He is in the unit a lot. From what I know I would not hesitate to hire him for that hunt - do not take that tag for granted you may never get to hunt there again. I have hunted with others but in 15 years I have yet to draw and frankly may never draw it.

My NR buddy took his first ever big game kill in Valle Vidal, his first (only) time applying out of state. We call it a 6x6. The elk was taken at 295 yards while it was reading it's Monday Wall Street Journal over a steaming Cafe Americana. My buddy had never practiced beyond 150 yards b/c his local range is kinda short, but his outfitter set him up for success. One in the neck and one in the boiler room.

You know we all name our critters and this one's name is Tega...
(It hangs on the wall now.)
TegaHead.jpg

I don’t think you need a guide for this hunt. Being a youth tag, and unable to draw again I think there are plenty of members who can give advice and point you in the right direction.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom