Vap elite SS/Vap elite TKO

MountainSqwabler

Has anyone tried either of these arrows? I'm getting ready to do some custom arrows and I'm stuck between these two arrows.

From the looks, there isn't much difference other than the TKO has a little better KE.

I shot the VAP TKO’s last year. Probably one of my favorite arrows on the market. Great penetration and very consistent. Shooting the Gold Tip Pierce Platinum’s currently this year. Really can’t go wrong with with the VAP’s though. Another arrow to consider are the Black Eagle Ramages.

I shoot the gold tip pierce as well. I shot the vap's before these and loved them as well. Bit feel the brass outsert collar on the GT's are better then the outsert on the vap's. You can buy a better outsert for the vaps, but as is the GT's are a better design and tougher.

I looked into both of those arrows and was about to put in an order for the TKO, but ultimately I came across a good deal on a dozen Easton 4mm Axis LR.

The Elite SS has a slightly higher GPI and they claim a higher front of center weight (versus the TKO), although I was unable to find any literature explaining how they accomplish that. The Elite has a stainless steel weave mixed in with the carbon whereas the TKO is strictly carbon.

My original plan was to go with the TKO and just set it up with my usual heavy FOC (around 15-17%). The GPI difference between the two is not huge and I feel you can go with either.

I think you all are crazy spending that much on arrows. I've shot Beman ICS hunters, Easton Epics, and now Aftermaths for years. I don't think you gain much of anything buying into the marketing, FOC, BS, but blow your money as you wish. I laugh at guys that put a $50 broadhead on a $30 arrow and watch $80+ sail into oblivion. Good luck with whatever you choose, still have to hit them right.

I think you all are crazy spending that much on arrows. I've shot Beman ICS hunters, Easton Epics, and now Aftermaths for years.
I also shot Beman ICS Hunters for years until they stopped manufacturing it. Actually, weren't they bought out by Easton?

Love the Bemans but I figure I'd see what these 4mm arrows are all about.

Shot the Vap Elite last yr and the TKO this yr. Can't say one is better than the other. Both tuned up nicely. Much better than the Godtip Pro's I used to fuss with. One advantage of the Vap Elite (carbon) arrows are they are a bit lighter, and allow you to use the 95gr stainless steel outserts. They don't bend over time like the aluminum, 55gr outserts do. If FOC matters to you, then that is another advantage.
Sorry, can't speak to the SS Vap arrows. But I am leary of two different materials (carbon/stainless steel) together, and how temps may affect flex of the arrow. Nothing like tuning at 80 degrees, and then realizing your arrows aren't hitting the spot anymore on the mtn. I don't know that to be true, but that thought has kept me from trying them.

Thanks for the replies gents. I went with the elite TKOs with the 75gr ss hybrid outserts. Have a guy custom making them and fletching then for me.

Thanks for the replies gents. I went with the elite TKOs with the 75gr ss hybrid outserts. Have a guy custom making them and fletching then for me.
I shot the Vap ss last year with the 95gr insert to get the foc higher. It put me at 536gr arrow at 265fps. They worked great, but the arc at 265fps vs 295fps (my old arrows) cost me a 6x7 bull when I clipped a branch that at 295fps wouldn't have been a problem. I switched to Gold Tip Kintec platinum pierce I gained a little more foc & fps 283 with a 495gr arrow. I'm thinking of going back to vaps next year just not the vap ss

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom