Variflame Adapters

CFMuley

Anyone ever have a primer go off while using the priming tool? I’ve primed a couple hundred adapters over the last year and a half with no issue, but I had 2 primers in a row go off the other night. I checked everything thoroughly and can’t see anything out of the ordinary, and I’ve primed another 10 without issue. I was just wondering if anyone know what might have caused them to go off.

I hope you are wearing safety glasses......

here's a drunk doing it....

Last edited:
I have a buddy who shoots one of those rifles.
I'll ask him how he seats them but it sure seems to me that if you have a press of some sort that it could easily accomplish the seating task way better than pounding the primers in with a hammer.
Primers are designed to fire with concussion like that. It should be no surprise that some go off!

Zeke

I have a buddy who shoots one of those rifles.
I'll ask him how he seats them but it sure seems to me that if you have a press of some sort that it could easily accomplish the seating task way better than pounding the primers in with a hammer.
Primers are designed to fire with concussion like that. It should be no surprise that some go off!

Zeke

I was thinking the same thing. Surely they would make something that you could use in a RCBS press. If not, I'd make my own.

There is no way in he!! I'm hitting that thing with a hammer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom