verify this species

A

antlerman73

ok all you horn addicts,,,,,tell me what these came off of????????

faa52382.jpg

either one of santa's reindeer shed a little early this year or you found yourself some trophy sasquatch horn!

Have a go at this one; I posted this before the Shed Hunting forum was around:
freak_mule-deer.JPG

DriftWood! LOL! That's the most bizzare anlter I've ever seen. Totally whacked man! And an awesome one of a kind find. Kinda looks like what that Freak whitetail that was posted a while back might have if it shed it's antler(s?). Do you think that a catus buck regrew his nuts and then shed? LOL!

Pere David deer. I think they are from Asia or Europe. They are all over Texas now and hunted as exotic animals. That looks like a three year old buck. The tines point toward thier back. Real strange deer.

That is a shed from a Catus buck. I have found seraral sheds from catus bucks but none as cool as that one. The sheds have a concave or other wise messed up base, often there is old velvet on the antler and the antlers are much less dense than regular sheds. One old buck I found 2 years of shed and and his skull. He was a normal 3 point except that his bases were incridible. I saw this buck in november still in velvet. I belive that the comventional wisdom that stag bucks do not shed there antlers is just not true. I see sereval stag buck a year with velvet in November and even Dec. I spend a lot of time looking for sheds in April and May and I have never seen a buck with fully developed velvet antlers in the spring.

Antlerradar

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-03 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p]That is TOO COOL! I have never ever seen a catus buck before. I have never even heard of one being seen up here. It kind of makes you wonder if they are somehow a genetic throwback or if it is perhaps environmental. I had always heard that they never shed and grow their antlers continuously. That is soo cool to hear that they do shed. Weird, but COOL! Do you have any pics of that 3point with huge bases? I'd love to see some more pictures if ya got em.

I don't have any pic of the Three point but I still have the skull and some of the sheds. When work slows down in a few weeks I will take some pics and some how get them posted. I still have to get some pic of the big whitetail I found this fall. I too think that the stag buck are genetic or environmental. I see two or three stage mule deer a but I have only seen one whitetail stag in my life.

Antlerradar.

anterking,
those are great! I have a set that looks excatly like those! they also had hollow ends. the year after I found mine, I found a guy who had found the match to one of mine. it was from the year before mine, it too had a hollow end, and just a little smaller. so the deer are growing a wild horn each year and shedding them. so we think?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom